• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2015 PTD Discussion Thread - NEW PINS 12/4/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flip

11159974_1002257189792863_3985554805060730071_n.jpg

2015 PTD Discussion Thread - NEW PINS 4/11/15

Oh my what a cool set! I bet you guys are pretty excited for Timon, Timeerkat & Romancing_Train :D

Happy for Lion King and Brave collectors! Mortimer looks great and he's pretty underused, so cool!

Oh my gosh you guys. Guys. Guys. Oh my gosh, guys. OH MY GOSH. Guys. Oh my gosh.

I was debating whether or not to go down after work. If I went down and waited and it didn't flip I would have wasted an evening that I could have spent packing, but if I did go home and it flipped I would be kicking myself if it was something I collect. Well, the Facebook posts were making it seem like the flip was imminent, so I decided to take my chances and head down just in case.

I got in around 7:30, and Ace of Diamonds was still in the case. I've been contemplating getting the full set of Aces anyway, so I bought one and sat down at the counter to eat my sundae and play some games on my iPod. And then IT HAPPENED!

It took over an hour after lining up outside before I got to the registers to purchase, but I finally got him and he is mine and I think I am still a little in shock about it.

And now PTD Timon officially exists in the world and I actually well and truly own him so I can retire from pins now, it was very nice knowing y'all. *Flies off into the night sky clutching Timon PTD and gently weeping.*

I love Mortimer mouse but where is he from I don't think he is really known in the UK

i just googled it and hes in love with minie mouse trying to get her affections

Last edited:
And now PTD Timon officially exists in the world and I actually well and truly own him so I can retire from pins now, it was very nice knowing y'all. *Flies off into the night sky clutching Timon PTD and gently weeping.*

I laughed so hard at this :rofl:
It's nice when a pin goes to someone who will truly cherish it.
Congrats :bigthumb:

Oh my gosh you guys. Guys. Guys. Oh my gosh, guys. OH MY GOSH. Guys. Oh my gosh.

I was debating whether or not to go down after work. If I went down and waited and it didn't flip I would have wasted an evening that I could have spent packing, but if I did go home and it flipped I would be kicking myself if it was something I collect. Well, the Facebook posts were making it seem like the flip was imminent, so I decided to take my chances and head down just in case.

I got in around 7:30, and Ace of Diamonds was still in the case. I've been contemplating getting the full set of Aces anyway, so I bought one and sat down at the counter to eat my sundae and play some games on my iPod. And then IT HAPPENED!

It took over an hour after lining up outside before I got to the registers to purchase, but I finally got him and he is mine and I think I am still a little in shock about it.

Awesome story, congrats!! But why did you have to wait in line for an hour if you were already there? Or was there a line because it was expected to flip? Anyway, that's so cool!!

Wow, Mortimer Mouse is one heck of a surprise! Talk about obscure. Maybe other obscure characters can get some eventual love, too, like other rivals? Gladstone Gander would be neat; more Duck family!

Congrats to TLK fans for the Timon! And now there's a human!Elinor to go with bear!Elinor.

I love Mortimer mouse but where is he from I don't think he is really known in the UK

i just googled it and hes in love with minie mouse trying to get her affections

Disney originally wanted to name Mickey "Mortimer" but supposedly his wife told him to change it to "Mickey". Then that character on the pin was used in a cartoon short. He IS Mickey's rival and he's really obnoxious. Even his car is obnoxious! But we all know who Minnie really loves! :lol:

Wow, Mortimer Mouse is one heck of a surprise! Talk about obscure. Maybe other obscure characters can get some eventual love, too, like other rivals? Gladstone Gander would be neat; more Duck family!

Congrats to TLK fans for the Timon! And now there's a human!Elinor to go with bear!Elinor.
Agree! Gladstone would be cool and how about Grandma Duck, Gyro and the three little girl ducks from the comics?
Sidenote: When do Marvel and Star Wars characters start eating ice cream?! :lol:

Awesome story, congrats!! But why did you have to wait in line for an hour if you were already there? Or was there a line because it was expected to flip? Anyway, that's so cool!!

There were already a decent amount of people outside in a flip line, while I was still inside when they flipped. And they only had two registers going so they were processing orders on the slow side.

There were already a decent amount of people outside in a flip line, while I was still inside when they flipped. And they only had two registers going so they were processing orders on the slow side.
Ah, ok that makes sense I guess. I didn't realize that people would just hang around without certainty that it would change but I'm not too surprised!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back