• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2015 PTD Discussion Thread - NEW PINS 12/4/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, my gosh, I'm laughing so hard. I just saw the four new PTDs. Lawrence?? Really?? I suppose since other villains got pins it only makes sense that Hans and Lawrence would get one, too, but that is just hilarious to me.

Gotta say, this is a pretty solid set of four.

The line took SO LONG. I got there at 10 this morning and finally got inside to buy the pins at 3 pm. CRAZY! Berlioz had already sold out but I was able to nab Ace of Spades and Hans.

Be AWARE that Hans had some quality issues, especially around his eyes. Ask for clear photos if you trade for or buy him on the secondary market.

Gotta say, this is a pretty solid set of four.

The line took SO LONG. I got there at 10 this morning and finally got inside to buy the pins at 3 pm. CRAZY! Berlioz had already sold out but I was able to nab Ace of Spades and Hans.

Be AWARE that Hans had some quality issues, especially around his eyes. Ask for clear photos if you trade for or buy him on the secondary market.

It was moving good until the LAPD movie event let out. Then the screener line started and that took a while and they had register employees handing out free sundaes.

as far as hans i went through 6 pins to find a good one. 2 were missing paint in the eyeball. others had random holes and off colors.

Took me 3 1/2 hours to get through the line. Busy day and the line kept stopping for long stretches.

FINALLY CALHOUN OH MY GOD

DIABLO OH MY GOD

*dies*
*is ded*

Edit: Also I'm so pleased with the new LE numbers!

Last edited:
It's about time Calhoun came out! She should be pretty easy to acquire since there's a lot of WiR collectors out there. I mean she might go faster than Jessie but won't go as fast as Anna & Elsa. The others are alright. I guessing we will be seeing more Disney Junior characters now lol.

FINALLY CALHOUN OH MY GOD

DIABLO OH MY GOD

*dies*
*is ded*

Edit: Also I'm so pleased with the new LE numbers!

I saw that Diablo and immediately thought of you. I am working on securing a Calhoun for myself. If I run across a Diablo I will let you know.

Photo from Min Shik Lee on Facebook that includes a partial shot of actual pins:

10857852_373500359518494_7368518018272455144_n.jpg

Also hilarious but unsurprising: people already selling on FB for $40-$45 while they are STILL IN LINE.

(I never realized the place was open this late...)

I saw that Diablo and immediately thought of you. I am working on securing a Calhoun for myself. If I run across a Diablo I will let you know.

That's wonderful, thank you so much! (My best friend is a WiR fan so I'll be on the lookout for a Calhoun for her too.)

AUGH fiiiiiiiiiiiiinally a Calhoun PTD! And LE750 pleases me greatly, since I can't make it down until Wednesday.

Still going "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh" inside! Three Calhoun pins!

Pin sharks be like "750 noooooooo!" though.

Would Calhoun be a good trader? I like her but thinking maybe she could get me another PTD I missed... but 750 is quote high. Someone in a group is doing pickups for $25 which seems not too bad considering the lines etc

I think overall she will be an *ok* trader (the WIR and PTD completionist collectors are going to want her, but I'm not sure how many are out there) but not a great one. A lot of people were complaining when she was released as a 750. With the exception of Frozen, the 750s never do great. That's not to say you won't come across some good trades with her, but I don't see her value rising much above $30 anytime in the near future.

Is it weird that I got really happy when I saw the Calhoun pin? :lol:
I don't want one for myself, but I knew there was a couple of folks on here anxiously awaiting her.
It's nice to see people's pin dreams come true :)

Thanks! I'll be able to stop in on Wednesday afternoon and I have no doubt that she will still be there. People are not liking this release as a whole, it seems. The store has been pretty quiet all day, according to Facebook reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back