• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2015 PTD Discussion Thread - NEW PINS 12/4/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 PTD Discussion Thread - NEW PINS 12/4/15
That's a shame. What happens to all of the traded-back ones anyway? Do they just sell them again to whoever will take them?
I'm not 100% certain but I think they just sell them again to whoever will take them. I've been fortunate enough to get the last pin on a couple releases and I've seen the people in front of me return them and I ended up with the poorer quality ones.

AD7E3EB8-D271-4F7C-8B25-2F0D2053BFDC_zps3olqhatn.jpg

434832e7-df94-4aba-9fe4-4fa596dbc3eb_zpse6ddafe8.png

They do make a few more than the LE # for every release, and if a pin is really badly damaged, they will swap out with one of the extras. These are the pins that usually end up being prizes at their big pin events (That's how they can have pins to give away that sold out originally). And they keep at least one of every pin they've ever sold in an archive.

But for little things that only we collectors would probably notice, they just go back in the pile... If it's an LE300, they _have_ to sell 300 of them... If they only made 310, and there's 20 or 30 (or more) 'bad' ones, they don't really have a choice. You can always refuse to buy it of course, but if it's the last one you won't get the pin...

PTDs flipped.

10647090_10204520641909933_135734495677781039_n.jpg

(Good gravy that's a large picture! Photo cred to @goe on Instagram.)

Heimlich from A Bug's Life, Flamingo from Alice in Wonderland, Carlotta from The Little Mermaid, and Clarabelle Cow.

YAAAAAAS finally a Clarabelle PTD! FINALLY HER DAY HAS COME!

Everyone on Facebook is groaning that this set is lame and I'm thinking "Tralalala, no one wants the one I want so I know it won't sell out by the time I get there in the next few days!"

I'm kind of digging the Flamingo too.

Everyone on Facebook is groaning that this set is lame and I'm thinking "Tralalala, no one wants the one I want so I know it won't sell out by the time I get there in the next few days!"

I'm kind of digging the Flamingo too.

tumblr_n2nifghUTo1tu1k0yo1_400.gif

lol :p

kinda want that Heimlich

I love Heimlich! :D if any one is picking up anytime soon and could get one for me I'd be grateful! he's just so cute ha ha.

Flamingoooooooooo <3 <3 <3

Also I love that Clarabelle gets one! I have an acquaintance who really loves the old classic characters.

Looks like these are gonna stick around a while .... Last I heard was Carlotta was the only one that is sold out ... After a while week.

Okay so it took them a little longer than I expected but the new PTD set got flipped! Photo creds from my friend, Gilly on IG!

af434fc5e86f45c6e6c9b34bec021121.jpg

I too am in search of Nala, will buy or trade multiple LE pins!
Also today is my birthday so this feels like fate! Ha ha ha XD

just a heads up but people have been lined up since 6am. as of 40 min ago the line is half way down the side alley

Hashbrown PeopleBeCrayCray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back