• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2019 pin releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed it was Genie from the wrist shackles, but I can't recall him turning into a dragon at any time in Aladdin. Does he?
Well I was about to say no he doesn't but in Friend Like Me, he does. Could not tell you were because I was going to ask the same question. Google to the rescue. lol

4df4abee2132857199964acd05f0229f.png

It's literally for a split second hahah! Very easy to forget. It's in the "Can your friends do this?" little bit, just before the sexy girls appear out of the (dragon's) fire.

Equal parts obsession with Genie and Dragons as a kid has finally paid off. How ya like me know, Mom? XD

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I think they stretched some of these a bit far. I love seeing Nessie on a pin, but I wouldn't really caller her a dragon. Same with Fred - unless his outfit was based on a dragon?
I thought the same about Fred... So had to look it up. His super hero is based on Kaiju monster:
"Kaiju is a Japanese word meaning "strange creature". In English, it has come to mean "monster" or "giant monster", referring to creatures of a large size seen in movies from Asia. Many kaiju movies are made in Japan. It is a type of tokusatsu entertainment. Kaiju movies usually show a monster attacking a major Japanese city or battling other monsters.

The most well-known kaiju is Godzilla. Other well-known kaiju include Mothra, King Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, and Rodan"

Would the connection be large monster with scales? All are reptiles? I actually like Fred's addition though... Adds something unique to the set. :)

Full disclosure, I had never seen "The Ballad of Nessie". So I went in search and found this link. :) (mods, feel free to take down if for some reason this isn't allowed)

Ok. So I’d never seen this short before and I love it! I want that Nessie pin! Are there others? I must research! She’s adorable and Scottish and has a duckie!

Ok. So I’m a little over excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a non sequiter, but you know how WDI did a 6 pin release for Big Hero 6, do you think they might do one for UP? They never did Profiles for Carl, Ellie, Russell, or the villain. did they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back