• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2021 Pin Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called El Cap, turns out there were a few leftover from last night, so dont rush down.
And Merlin is right it's a Surprise Pin release each day, no post of picture, ticket office/booth is unable to check availability for past pins, so you have to buy a tix to go in to find out what's left. wasn't sure but it sounds like its 35+tax for each pin.
Hope this helps

At least tax is included in the bundle; the two pins together were $70 even.

Only inside theatre. Dont rush down, probably sold out at this point
Hopefully they might be on trading boards at next years DSF event? (Or whenever they come back)

At this point, any leftovers would have to be used as something like trade board fodder. They couldn't sell them normally without tons of outrage from those who buy during this weekend since there is essentially a $24 surcharge on top of each pin currently.

Disney Paris August 2021
Sweets
Tinker Bell
Alice in Wonderland
Stitch and More

Disneyland-Paris-August-2021-Pins.jpeg

At what point does it not become a pin? These jumbo “pins” are nearly unwearable. Same goes for artland/acme pins. If it’s only meant to be pinned on a board shouldn’t it be recognized as a different category? Just a thought and would like to hear other opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At what point does it not become a pin? These jumbo “pins” are nearly unwearable. Same goes for artland/acme pins. If it’s only meant to be pinned on a board shouldn’t it be recognized as a different category? Just a thought and would like to hear other opinions.

I don't mind big pins. I don't wear pins (or accessories/jewelry) in general (periodic earring wearing is the most you will likely see.) My collection is about things I enjoy. They are decorative. Like art on the walls.

I've never thought of collectible pins as the same as old-school pins, brooches or other wearable items. To me, they're just collectibles or mini art that happen to have posts on the back. And actually, I prefer the bigger pins, because I can see the details better. And having the posts on the back is enough to label it as a "pin", for me.

I like the trend of calling wearable pins/buttons as "flair", as a hold over from restaurant chains. I know Disney is mostly doing it to distinguish quality between the types of pins, but it also helps distinguish things like size, intention, and edition sizes. It's nice to have a casual distinction between the categories.

flair.jpg

I agree. To me, anything with one or more pin posts is a pin (though I really prefer at least two unless the pin is small enough that two won't fit). Most are a wearable size but ones that are too large to do so with I just treat as little pieces of artwork to display instead of wear.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Pin Set – Limited Edition
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Logo Pin – Limited Release
Jack Skellington and Zero Pin – Halloween 2021 – Limited Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back