• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls
While I was expecting this ruffly design, I was not expecting the load of orange in her color scheme. I think we all see what the designer was going for here, but too much orange might not have been the best choice. It does not contrast enough with her skin tone. (I saw this problem with the Ariel doll too.) I think she should have had a different color or at least a mix of colors. Hibiscus pink perhaps? And I do feel like the split skirt with leggings again (after Merida) is too copy cat.

I was also expecting something more extensive with her hair. The bun with wispy side pieces is lacking to me.

However, I have a friend who is part South Pacific and has a connection to the culture, and she says so far she likes Moana's design. So it is probably different for everyone?

Well, the Designer Moana pictures are out. I looked at her again hoping I might glean more interest out of her design.

Sadly, no. I'm not inspired by her outfit at all. For lots of reasons probably. The first being I'm just not a fan of her dress. Not for a gala anyway. I understand they want each dress to represent the character, but I think they are losing sight of their gala theme as well. I feel bad saying that because I don't want to undermine the culture of the character. But I also get the feeling the designer just threw in lots of cultural references to make it appear as though it were an island dress, and in doing so I think dismissed the gala theme. (I feel like something similar happened to the Ariel dress.)

And is that a surfboard behind her neck?? x_x

For a character who has so much lovely hair I really thought they should do something other than a ballerina bun. A half updo would have been better. I just want to see some of her hair.

Well, there are lots of reasons I'm having trouble with this doll, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone who likes her and will buy her. I still like the character and movie Moana, so it's okay if I don't like this doll. She's not defined by one doll anyway.

Last edited:
I was going to get Mulan but passed. I am hoping for Shop Disney to clearance her out at this rate!
I might do the same with Ariel, good idea. Because with how many things I would change on her outfit and hair, the price would have to be significantly lower.

Well, the Designer Moana pictures are out. I looked at her again hoping I might glean more interest out of her design.

Sadly, no. I'm not inspired by her outfit at all. For lots of reasons probably. The first being I'm just not a fan of her dress. Not for a gala anyway. I understand they want each dress to represent the character, but I think they are losing sight of their gala theme as well. I feel bad saying that because I don't want to undermine the culture of the character. But I also get the feeling the designer just threw in lots of cultural references to make it appear as though it were an island dress, and in doing so I think dismissed the gala theme. (I feel like something similar happened to the Ariel dress.)

And is that a surfboard behind her neck?? x_x

For a character who has so much lovely hair I really thought they should do something other than a ballerina bun. A half updo would have been better. I just want to see some of her hair.

Well, there are lots of reasons I'm having trouble with this doll, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone who likes her and will buy her. I still like the character and movie Moana, so it's okay if I don't like this doll. She's not defined by one doll anyway.
the back part is Talas tattoo

d464c79c9e92a3716df1ef9a9504380a.png

Moana is cute. They captured her face. I like that she is in breathy wavy cotton instead of some silk or sheer fabric and they also avoided grass skirting. I also like her shell purse and how it pops. She is a well executed doll. But am I going to buy her? Probably not. Chop her edition size in 1/2 and I would....or cut price in 1/2.

Yea, I'm not particularly wowed by this Moana either. She doesn't look bad--and there are aspects of this doll that I like--but if I get her, it'll be later and at a reduced price.

Here's a first glimpse of Snow White. Love the cream dress and belt. Not sure about the collar. (disneyrelease on insta)

I’m so glad everyone seems to be feeling the same. The gown is gorgeous! Some of the best details we’ve seen! But the collar looks like a clown ruffle and it’s so overwhelming to the design. I’ll even take the lopsided crown, if the ruffle was gone. Or done better?

I don't have an Instagram--can someone upload the Snow White images here please?
Honestly, I should spare your eyeballs from this absolute travesty, but here you go.

Congrats to Disney for achieving another first. They've never made a hideous LE Snow White doll before. (Yes, I'm extremely bitter about this. Ha.)

cd7c2a54e46ab65c36160e6bbcccd92d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I’m so glad everyone seems to be feeling the same. The gown is gorgeous! Some of the best details we’ve seen! But the collar looks like a clown ruffle and it’s so overwhelming to the design. I’ll even take the lopsided crown, if the ruffle was gone. Or done better?
I think this is where I'm landing at this point too. My eyes went straight to that clown ruffle. And unfortunately it sunk the whole design for me when I first saw the reveal.

But after looking at it a second time I do like some parts of the dress. Especially the torso piece. And the cape really has potential, if you can remove the collar. Ha.

I'm still not sure about the crown either. Someone called it a "Burger King" crown. Heh...

And I need to see what's going on with the bottom part of the dress. So far that yellow piece seems a little plain and doesn't sit well with the gorgeous middle part of the dress.

Guess I will wait for more pics and hope it looks better as a whole.

But if I ever buy this doll, that ruffle would have to get removed. x_x

Honestly, I should spare your eyeballs from this absolute travesty, but here you go.

Congrats to Disney for achieving another first. They've never made a hideous LE Snow White doll before. (Yes, I'm extremely bitter about this. Ha.)

cd7c2a54e46ab65c36160e6bbcccd92d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Ummmm...her face is pretty?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who likes this Snow then?
I love a good ruffle, haha.

Full disclosure: Peaches & Cream Barbie will forever be my favorite Barbie of all time (ah, nostalgia) and she is as ruffly as they come. Haha.

I'm just taking this Snow very personally because Snow is one of my primary collections, and 75% of the reason I stopped resisting and started collecting her (my ONLY collection for a long time, as my ID suggests, was Wonderland) is that the dolls continually blew my mind. This just isn't what I personally expected or wanted for this doll. The collection overall has been "interesting" with lots of mixed opinions, but I was confident Snow would be a slam-dunk hit because she's been almost universally loved/praised in doll form. So I'm just being salty and therefore I speak in utter extremes about it, haha.

Just don't want to come across as making anyone feel awkward for liking something I don't. That's what makes the world beautiful. So ruffle away and please just excuse me while I grump about it. Haha.

Also ... To be specific about my dislike beyond the crown and ruffle ... I don't like that her belt thingie is the Evil Queen's emblem. I get that the modern trend is to own your trauma (the way in WiR2 she wears the "Poison" apple tee), but could they not have given Snow her own identity here in her Very Special Uber Ultimate Designer Collection iteration? Save that nonsense for when you do a "Princesses as Villains" collection. (Again, just my opinion. #salty)

While I'm not an enthusiast of the ruffle, i can see why some collectors like it. ^-^ I think it's okay to like her design. I'm still not a fan of the Moana or Ariel dresses, but I know lots of fans are, so no biggie.

That being said, Snow's dress is growing on me each time I see it. I really like the middle part of her dress (sleeves, torso, waist) and her cape. If I can see a 360 view of her I might be okay with the crown too. (I personally love crowns, so I want it to work on her.) I'm holding out for full length pictures so I can see what's going on with that lower skirt. That might be my hold out.

Reactions: PBJ
Yikes this ones a big pass for me. I know everyone’s focused on the dress, but can I just point out her face? They gave her brown eyebrows instead of black. Eyebrows not matching hair color is one of my biggest doll pet peeves.

Anyway, the dress has a lot going on. Putting aside the ruffle, the main reason I don’t like this is it looks more like an Evil Queen outfit rather than a Snow White inspired look? The cape, the sleeves, the crown, the belt, all give me ‘Evil Queen’ vibes. Only the color scheme is giving ‘Snow White’. And while heroines dressed as villains could be a fun line, it’s really out of place in what’s supposed to be the ‘Ultimate Princess Celebration’.

I’m so disappointed.

I think Snow White is beautiful. They seem to have been going for a vaguely haute couture/Ellzabethan look with the ruffled collar, but it does seem to overpower the rest of the ensemble. That will definitely have to go after she's deboxed! I personally like the gown. The yellow tulle on the lower half of the skirt is a nice nod to her iconic outfit, while the rest, including the crown, seems to have been inspired by the white and red wedding gown from the conceptual "Someday My Prince Will Come" dancing-in-the-clouds dream sequence that didn't make it into the film. I was always sorry I missed out on the 2018 Designer Premier Snow White doll, but from what I can see, this doll may be even prettier.

Reactions: PBJ
Snow is my fave princess (despite my id name and pic). I love her face - love it. It's designer - no enormo eyes, not cartoony, not teenie-bop looking. The crown? Burger Kingish, why and no. The magic mirror snakes and dagger through heart belt buckle? Evil Queen accessories....trying to look bad-girlish? Don't think any of the other princesses are wearing nemesis gear. Red ruffle makes me think of Queen of Hearts.....come to think of it so does the Burger King crown....no again. What I like is the off cream color when it comes to Snow getting away from the yellow/blue/red. The Premier Doll and the D23 Couples (le 600 one) put her in that color and I do like it. Wish the base of her dress continued in cream instead of that yellow. Looks like Belle ball dress and winter coat. I'd say maybe take the coat off but then she might look like she's going to a rodeo....can't tell if she has an embroidered shirt or not. Eh, I'm on the fence as I love her face and big 70's looking hot roller hair.

Back