• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls
I just noticed the Designer Pins are buy 2 get one free...and it looks like all but Snow White are already 60% off. So three pins for $26 bucks? Not a bad deal if you like these pins. Clearly none of this stuff has been moving...(sorry, Snow, Merida, and Moana are not on sale...but all the others are)

Does anyone here think that Disney will reduce the number of dolls/pins for the rest of the releases in the set?

It's so obviously overstocked, but I wouldn't think it's too late for them to change that with the rest of the set.

Does anyone here think that Disney will reduce the number of dolls/pins for the rest of the releases in the set?

It's so obviously overstocked, but I wouldn't think it's too late for them to change that with the rest of the set.
I wondered the same because originally back in Oct....there were only 6....and they have kept adding new names. I thought for sure Snow White would be a lower number, thinking they would test that out...but all the classics are coming in last....more of a reason to keep those numbers high. I don't think they care...they have probably seen what people pay the very next day after a release has sold out and they are doing away with that by making more. BUT the reason people want to collect and own a doll, sometimes falls under it's rarity...

Reactions: PBJ
Thank you @Rapunz for the update on the pin sale. I ended up buying a few after all. At that price it was too tempting for a casual pin collector like myself. :)

I finally put my finger on Rapunzel. It's a different look for the character, but it seemed so "familiar" to me. And then I realized ... She absolutely reminds me of '90s era Skipper, Barbie's little sister. There was a big push to make Skipper less of a kid and more relatable to tweens and teens (or maybe tweens' aspirations of teenhood). This designer Rapunzel looks like she could be packaged as Spring Cotillion Skipper and you wouldn't think twice about it. That's not even an insult. I don't think. Ha. Although the cotton ball on her head belongs with Snow's ruffle collar in the "maybe you could have skipped that" file.

My first thought was she is a guest at Prince William's wedding...all those hats.
My thoughts exactly--she looks very royal wedding.

In any case, I think the dress looks fine but I'm not a big fan of the cotton-ball-looking thing.
Her face sculpt could definitely be better too, but I guess she's just one of those princesses like Aurora where even the best sculpts we've seen still don't look quite right.

I got some pins during the sale too. I had not really looked at each of them....when I got to Aurora, all I could see was Amber Heard! I still can't unsee it. That Meg doll looks amazing....wonder if she'll be 10,000 - that would really be pushing it if she is.

I got Snow. She arrived with her hair all bunched and wrapped tight around her head like a cute bob, but I separated it out for a bigger hair look. I love her!
1ad38b2b372f4c8b24716c60b5458da2.jpg

So there's a sale on the UK disney store site, and I'm thinking about buying a few of the dolls I didn't buy before, but I don't get paid til tomorrow--does anyone know how long this sale lasts?

Looking at the upclose pictures of Snow, I really am liking her face mold. Very accurate and sweet. If she goes on sale I'm definitely considering buying her. I'm just running out of space (and money) for dolls, so I have to stick to my favorites.

Speaking of spending more money, this morning I definitely bought my LE Meg doll. :)

ShopDisney has updated with Cindy's release date (August 9th) but we need pix!!!!

Cindy is the other princess I tend to collect so I need to know whether I'm spending $$$$ or not, haha.

274d3f0f438adbb531860904fbd679c6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

So did any one get Skipper? :p I mean Rapunzel? She is cute... I don't really have anything bad to say about her except I don't want her. Her expression is kinda "why me-ish" like she wants to get out of those clothes...but she is cute.

does anyone have a close up of the shoes for Rapunzel? I see they are green, but trying to see what design is on the side of them

I'm surprised Rapunzel is included - she JUST came out! I also should have waited...I got Snow White, and I knew she would be in stock forever. I am actually debating Rapunzel.....Mulan is my other favorite. I wonder if this sale will finally start to sell out of the older dolls. Really need to think about Mulan!

I saw them close up on a youtube vid. Looks like a feather shape, it's just decorative - though the shoes are a nod to Pascal
does anyone have a close up of the shoes for Rapunzel? I see they are green, but trying to see what design is on the side of themI

Back