• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2022 Pin Celebration – One Family (8/12 & 8/13)

2022 Pin Celebration – One Family (8/12 & 8/13)
My mama ran into this yesterday. She doesn’t have many high end traders and will ask about a pin’s details before getting her hopes up. She has a decent number of pins and all authentic, but not multiple books. She asked someone about a couple of Chip and Dale pins. They took a look at her first page of pins, said “no”, and turned away from her. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) I was in the middle of a trade at a different table or I’d have had to say something. She has always suffered with insecurity, so she just left the area, sat on her zuca, and waited for me to get done.

It reminded me why we never venture into the “shark tank”. Not everyone can be at an all grail level… but there’s just no reason to be rude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mama ran into this yesterday. She doesn’t have many high end traders and will ask about a pin’s details before getting her hopes up. She has a decent number of pins and all authentic, but not multiple books. She asked someone about a couple of Chip and Dale pins. They took a look at her first page of pins, said “no”, and turned away from her. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) I was in the middle of a trade at a different table or I’d have had to say something. She has always suffered with insecurity, so she just left the area, sat on her zuca, and waited for me to get done.

It reminded me why we never venture into the “shark tank”. Not everyone can be at an all grail level… but there’s just no reason to be rude.

What is she interested in and what does she have to trade? I will trade with her.

You’re so sweet!

She collects a lot, but Olaf, Piglet, and Figment are her personal favorites… though she rarely gets any. Most of the time she’s looking for Chip and Dale or Jiminy Cricket cause they’re my dad’s favorites. They also collect Lady and the Tramp as a couple.

We definitely need to update our traders after this weekend, but she’s dcoriddi on pinpics. I can get pics from her after we get home. :)

I'm happy to trade too if I have anything that she would like to have. :)

Ugh, I'm so sorry for her! I honestly stayed away from the red tables until the final hour when I started grinding to see if I could find Oswalds. I know not everyone at the red tables is going to be rude but I found not a lot of them were anywhere near friendly either. ):

I don't think I have any Chip and Dales but what does she collect? I'd be happy to see her traders? EDIT: this has been answered!

Like other folks, I would be thrilled to trade with her - shoot me a message if you like once you organize your books. I have a bunch of chip & dale doubles right now.

I'd be happy to trade with your mom, too! We don't currently have any matches in PinPics, but I have some older Figment pins in my traders she might need interested in, and I'm sure I could find something among her traders.

You’re so sweet!

She collects a lot, but Olaf, Piglet, and Figment are her personal favorites… though she rarely gets any. Most of the time she’s looking for Chip and Dale or Jiminy Cricket cause they’re my dad’s favorites. They also collect Lady and the Tramp as a couple.

We definitely need to update our traders after this weekend, but she’s dcoriddi on pinpics. I can get pics from her after we get home. :)
I've traded with both of you at prior Epcot Events! I'd be happy to trade, if I have anything she wants. :) :)

Just watched the Disney Pins Blog recording of when they announced the theme for Disney Magic. I’ve been optimistic about One Family and Heroes vs Villains when they announced those themes, but given the low positive reception for the catalogues overall, I’m inclined to be cautiously optimistic about next year. A part of me hopes that I’ll be surprised but I don’t want to set myself up for disappointment if I don’t love the pins.

I'm currently in the process of adding all the event pins to Pin & Pop (I feel like I'm betraying PTDB but the website does not like me when I try to add them there), but I've become stumped on the Family Heirlooms boxed set. I see the adventure book, Hercules's medal, Pocahontas's necklace-- but the last two I'm struggling with. One looks like perhaps Mulan's father's helmet. Is the other meant to be... the Disneyland Railroad? Walt's personal train? Something else? If anyone knows pls help.

The event was handled way better today IMO! They handled our the wristbands better, organized the line and made sure no one was cutting, and made sure everyone went in in an orderly manner instead of a free for all!

And then there was the three pulls per tab, and the much more frequent refreshes-- I was pleased. I also got lucky and got a higher caliber of pins off the board.

I'm a teensy bit disappointed that there were no characters to meet but I know they didn't promise them.

9786f2985cfbc32abad564f13c47299f2b97131b.jpg

d515031398e1bc057d6e733d65c4694aa3cb0bdb.jpg

aab7014fee737fb5dd596f3c03ea070efb8e24ca.jpg

a43c0ec815ef974ee097747ba1067e7025f1bbf2.jpg

d44667b239997e144db4dd3d56dcf02254428bb5.jpg

e552f1ba21f8ed96eff14092109f1ec3859cf7f7.jpg

Last three are board pulls that went straight into my traders and I forgot to pull out for pics. All APs.

Loooooove the Mochi weeble! Did you trade for that? I'd have been all over that if I had seen--- I love the lucky pals pins!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Loooooove the Mochi weeble! Did you trade for that? I'd have been all over that if I had seen--- I love the lucky pals pins!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I did trade for it! And I'm gonna be honest-- I know nothing about the creator or the series. I just saw a really cute Mochi pin and asked about it. The trader said he was hard to find when I asked about him, and I said I could find another pin instead but she told me it was okay and let me have him. Which I appreciate, cos cats is a big collection of mine.

You’re so sweet!

Hi
Your MIL and I have 1 match on PP if she wants to trade

Back