• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2022 Pin Celebration – One Family (8/12 & 8/13)

2022 Pin Celebration – One Family (8/12 & 8/13)
This just keeps getting stranger and stranger in so many ways. Like I posted earlier, I am not crazy about the theme so I chose to go the co-op route for the 3 pins I would want. I will see my pin friends outside of the event so that is a good thing. I expect a major pin dump into the EPCOT store after the event backed up by a lot of the pins going to the ShopDisney web site. Very sad for the hobby.

Not a good omen for this Event going forward IMHO.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if they switched around the catalog to share more between venues because they got less signups for the event than they expected. Though given the price of attendance for what you receive now that doesn't surprise me.

Still it's the continuing downgrade of these events which is really sad. If they didn't want to spend the money to host a big pin event, then just give BOTH coasts quarterly trading events with releases in a hotel ballroom. Or just give it up and combine it with the Expo and Destination D in alternating years when people are already traveling for an event. Stop nibbling away at the big trade event which used to be amazing but now is a sad shadow of itself.

Do we know (or have any way of finding out) if any of the mystery pin boxes will contain chasers? That was always one of the most fun things at previous events - finding the chasers and trading with each other to complete sets. I put in my preliminary RSP and it was really sad how few pins I'm submitting for.

Reactions: Ajk
Do we know (or have any way of finding out) if any of the mystery pin boxes will contain chasers? That was always one of the most fun things at previous events - finding the chasers and trading with each other to complete sets. I put in my preliminary RSP and it was really sad how few pins I'm submitting for.
No chasers listed so I am guessing they don't have any. Which seems to be the trend lately. And a very sad one. I like mystery sets but more so when there are chasers. Adds some excitement and a bit of a "gambling" aspect to it. I'm sad that they have generally seemed to go away.

I too really liked the mystery box chasers.

In the items catalog that I am too lazy to look up again right now it says something like "pin set of xxx pins" which matches the number shown for them all and none mention a chaser, so I would assume that none of the sets have chasers this year.

I am incredibly upset that the Oswald and Ortensia pin isn't even going to be available at the event I paid to go to, while other people will get our merchandise for free and be able to profit off it. Guess I'll have to pay extra for someone to pick up something that I should have had access to as an attendee. This is so disappointing and unfair. California gets all the good pins to begin with. They don't need to take half our catalogue in the only event we ever have a chance of getting good traders from.

This is getting uglier by the day. Really think that they screwed this up this year. The benefit of attending the event is really up in the air in my opinion.

I’m like 100 years late to this thread, so please excuse me if this has already t been brought up, but…

Is this the first Disney pin with braille on it??

2f0b3099598f051bf8928c87ad9d1d8d.jpg

SUPER cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m like 100 years late to this thread, so please excuse me if this has already t been brought up, but…

Is this the first Disney pin with braille on it??

2f0b3099598f051bf8928c87ad9d1d8d.jpg

SUPER cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That IS cool! My daughter will be learning braille soon so this will be a must for me.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

This is getting uglier by the day. Really think that they screwed this up this year. The benefit of attending the event is really up in the air in my opinion.
That reminds me of another thing I was shocked about-- I thought for sure the premium package would have a WDI/DSSH/DEC board for the package-holders like they tried for FairyTails. I know that board didn't go well, but I figured they'd have both experience and a ton of built-up releases on their side for another try. Finding out that they weren't doing that meant I had no reason to go for the more expensive package. I really hope the boards will be worth it, or that at the very least, the other pin traders won't have lost their civility like the rest of the world seems to have. Cos if the boards arent good or our fellow pin traders aren't pleasant, this event will be a total wash.

I'm considering bringing some of my non-pin Disney collectibles to try and trade, so at the very least I might be able to offload some of my clutter even if I get nothing else out of this event.

The catalog has been updated recently. Several pins will now only be available on shopDIsney.eu, and the US shopDisney release has been pushed to September 13th (shopDisney.eu will still be on August 23).

All online pins appear to be worldwide except the following:

Pins exclusive to shopDisney.eu
Wish You Were Here! Peter Pan pin and postcard
Family Sing-A-Long Jungle Book
Family Heirlooms Rapunzel Crown
Family Motto Pinocchio

Pins exclusive to US shopDisney
Family Sing-A-Long Emperor's New Groove
Family Heirlooms Heart of Te Fiti
Family Motto Beauty and the Beast

I am not going to the pin Event for the first time in years. Being a Villains collector there are 2-3 pins I want and I am getting them via co-op.
For those going to the Event, how do you feel about all of the changes being made so close to the actual Event?

I find all of this stuff very confusing this year. Like I posted earlier, I think they really screwed this up this year.

Any other CMs inquired about the discount change for August? I emailed them this morning and late this evening got a ‘umm looking into it’ email..

will be curious how they respond and hopefully will adjust it automatically & not make us return and rebuy everything (which I will..)

I am not going to the pin Event for the first time in years. Being a Villains collector there are 2-3 pins I want and I am getting them via co-op.
For those going to the Event, how do you feel about all of the changes being made so close to the actual Event?

I find all of this stuff very confusing this year. Like I posted earlier, I think they really screwed this up this year.
I don’t see much actual changes- besides having to measure my bag..

Back