• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

500 Internal Server Error - anyone else experiencing this?

500 Internal Server Error - anyone else experiencing this?

Story

I Dream of Disney ;D
Rating - 100%
281   0   0
I have been getting this notice for the last week or so and today I have gotten it several times, which is why I thought I'd post and see if anyone is experiencing this. I'm not sure if it's something on my side or if there's anything I can do to avoid it.

I could've sworn there was a thread about this before, but couldn't find it in the help section. Sorry if there's already an existing thread that I didn't see :doh:

So anyone else having this issue or anything on my computer I can do to rectify it?

Same here. It's so frustrating when I open multiple windows and then realize they all have error messages!

I was getting this error last week, but I assumed it was just my computer. Good to know my laptop isn't broken! :) And I found that refreshing the page usually fixed it.

I have been getting this on and off for the past few weeks :/ Refreshing the page doesn't work for me it still appears so I close the tab and open a fresh one, which works :)

It happens on my phone (iPhone 5, running iOS 6), my Mac and my work computer running Windows 7. (Not that I check on this stuff at work... Never...)

Yeah. I just assumed increased traffic volume or something. Considering the multiple platforms I've seen it on, it's likely a server problem for the forum, not us.

I have been having the same problem multiple times during the week I just thought it was my old computer glad to know I wasn't the only one with this problem

Yup. It's been happening to me too. A 500 error refers to THEIR server, not your computer. It can be caused by a lot of things-- high traffic, their server being actually down, connection so slow that it's timing out before it can load, other things-- but it means the problem's on DPF's end.

Things you can do: Refresh, clear cache and cookies, open link in a new tab, try again later.

Yes! It has happened a lot for me today. I thought my computer was broken or something! Bad that it's happening, but good to know I'm not alone.
Hope it will be fixed soon!

I have also been having increased problems today. Along with the 500 Internal Server Error I have been getting "Database error." Not sure if that helps at all when looking into it.

I'm getting these errors more and more frequently. A couple of times today I haven't been able to access DPF at all for several minutes.

I've been getting this A LOT today. I thought it stopped but I guess it didn't!

[h=1]Internal Server Error[/h]The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@disneypinforum.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Hey everyone!

I've been checking into the logs and it seems like an issue on our hosts' server; unfortunately, it's not something we can physically get to/access, and those errors are just hiccups on their end -- on the up side, the issues aren't really persistent (appear to just be temporary hiccups, if you reload the page, it'll often come right back up).

the site HAS grown a lot in the 2 years (wow, already?!) we've been around, and we may need to consider moving to a new host or a different server, but with that, obviously comes exponentially increasing cost. We're trying to keep the entire site free for everyone, and all the current features will continue to remain free (nothing will be downgraded from its current state or taken away at any point for anyone). We _are_ working on that fabled DPF "gold" ... so stay tuned ;)

Back