• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

A duplicated trade :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
A duplicated trade :(

leopardpolkadotspots

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
At the beginning of February I made a trade with someone on PinPics:

My Pin

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=6813.P&sid=
pin6813
Pin 6813: ProPin Set 'Mulan' Pin #9 - Mushu

For:

pin19411
Pin 19411: JDS - Glitter Ovals (Jasmine)

But instead received this Jasmine pin that I already have:

pin23940

Pin 23940: Princess Swirl Series (Jasmine)

I know it is an easy mistake to make. I realised when I opened the package and opened my Jasmine pin bag. Thought that I had accidently clicked it as my 'wants' instead of 'owns'. But then, a week later after telling her I received the pin, I looked back on my emails and found out that she was in the wrong.

leopardpolkadotspots offers thedancingqueen this pin: Pin 6813 (ProPin
Set
'Mulan' Pin #9 - Mushu)
In return for one of these pins:
Pin 19411 (JDS - Glitter Ovals (Jasmine))

I sent her an email last week saying that she accidently sent me the wrong pin and if she could perhaps send it along or trade for another. And still nothing.

I am finding it really difficult to get in touch with this member and frustrating as she should have checked before sending the pin.

Any advice?

Aw that stinks, especially because he/she is not responding. I'll have to learn from this and, in the future, ask for photos of pins that are easily mistaken for others.

I'm sorry for your difficulty :(

Wow! i didn't even know the difference until i looked at them closer! I made the same mistake! now i have to go check my personal collection and see which one I have and which one i need!

I know, it is a very easy mistake to make. There may be a genuine reason why she has not replied. But she has not emailed me or left me a reference for the Mushu pin either - not even to say that she has received it which I find odd.

Just my luck! I was really looking forward to receiving the glitter pin.

That has happened to me once or twice. It does suck thinking you will get one pin and get a different one. And the first time it happened to me I tried to tell them it was different but they ignored me so the next time it happened I just let it go. Hopefully you will get the one you really want sometime (heck maybe you will be able to use that one to get it). Fingers crossed for you

I've had that happen to me, but when I got the pin and found out it was the wrong one, they realized they had just put the wrong one on their PP trading list. I was bummed, but they let me keep it and I they sent my pin back. I really hope it works out well for you!

I almost made the same mistake. I just acquired the Beller and Tinkerbeller swirls and when looking through pinpics I didn't really pay attention, but noticed the background was lighter on the one I was going to pick. Then realized that there was another version. Maybe make a comment on that series?

Good luck in getting the situation straightened out!!! Hope it works out for you!

it's easy to make a mistake like that, hopefully they reply soon. Maybe the person is sick or out of town? Who knows, but lets try to stay in the positive for now :)

I sent somebody the wrong pin before, not knowing there were 2 different versions of it & when they emailed me & let me know, I offered to send their pin back right away since it was not the one they thought they were going to get & I didnt have the one they wanted, but they said too much hassle to mail back & just to keep it. I felt pretty bad about it & learned to now really make sure I have the right pin listed before I trade.

Update: Still no response, so I have filed a complaint through PinPics

Guess what - it happened again. Today instead of receiving

pin43783
Pin
43783: DLR - Friday the 13th - Scar

I got another pin I already own

pin206
Pin 206: Scar from Lion King

Getting very fed up of people now!

I get the first one, as they are similar. But how the heck do you confuse those 2 Scar pins when you are adding them to trades?

oh my god, i am so sorry, i can't believe people mistake it like that, i am sure this last one was in purpose. it have happen to me with a raffiki i got, it was wanted 47 and trading 4 but i got one that i already had that was wanted 20 and traded 17, and i gaved something nice for the raffiki thinking i was going to get the one i wanted, well i didn't said anything because it was a multi trade and everything else was good plus only people like me that know the different between lion king pins would know that is not the raffiki listed, but the scar pin is very obvious, i am sorry, hope everything gets fix, i personally stitch with just trading here since i know people better and trust them more, but sometimes i trade in pinpics but is for really unique pins that they won't confuse with another similar. hope u don't get too bitter about online trading, and just contact the trader, they have to respond. :(

Please don't give up. I'm embarrassed to say that I have sent the wrong pin a couple of times in the three years I have been trading. I don't know where I was when I mailed the pins off - but, my brain was not engaged. :lol: We always got it worked out, and fortunately the other trader was understanding.

It's funny how much pins can look alike and how your mind can play tricks on you. I was sure I had one of the 2 above in my collection from this last trip. I did not think it was the glitter version but thought it might be. Well I went and looked. It was another pin altogether. :(

Sometimes I miss the subtle differences in pins. Some are very very subtle, some not so much. Anyway, hope your deal ends up working out.

Hi,
Whenever I have had any problems with a trader not replying or not sending a pin, I have always been able to count on pinpics.

I am super detailed when making trades these days. I copy the exact red line from pinpics and paste it on the offer. If a person does not speak English well, I also send the picture from pinpics and make sure they realize what pin it is. It takes a lot more time, but prevents these problems.

There are way too many pins that look almost the same. I have had to look at two pins almost 30 minutes to finally figure out why they are different. However, the easiest way is to look at the back of the pins if they are too alike like the Jasmine pin.

As for your last trade, that is ridiculous! I bet they found out they did not have the pin you asked for, and thought substituting would be the next best thing, hoping you will keep that one. They never think of the fact that you may already have that one.

I know how frustrating and disappointing this can be, and I hope pinpics helps you like they have always helped me. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back