• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

A Fairy Tail of a Pin Haul (post those pins)

A Fairy Tail of a Pin Haul (post those pins)
I kind of wish I had done some boards now...it looks like HKDL ponied up a bunch of Duffy and friends pins for them.

In the....12 years?...I've been doing the events, though, the boards have NEVER produced a good pull for me, so I eventually just gave up. An hour each time is a lot of time to waste for blah pins.
I went home with more Hong Kong pins than any other origin today and I'm certain most of them came from the boards, if that tells you anything. HKDL came out in full force today. Which is odd, because they did not have a rep for their pin releases.

I'm sorry that not everyone had a great experience, especially BiS. Maybe I was dazzled by my first event, but it was nothing short of magical for me. Do I wish the boards had more special stuff? Yes. But I still walked away with LEs, LRs (always APs) and some harder to find overseas pins every time. That's all I could really ask for, especially considering I don't have the budget to constantly buy LE traders. I wouldn't have been nearly as successful if I hadn't gotten to trade with the boards. They were amazing for me. That said, I am a local and while I shelled out quite a lot of money, I didn't shell out quite as much as others so take what I say with a grain of salt. I can't imagine how much more frustrating it would be for those who came all the way from the other side of the world.

Less musing, more pins. All the board pulls I ended up keeping have a small purple dot next to them. There are more i pulled floating out there in the pin ether.
eu0IJey_d.jpg

ygjhSOn_d.jpg

I had a spectacular second day. People were so kind and generous to me today, and I feel bad because I sometimes didn't realize it till after the fact. The gentleman who traded me the rainbow spinner didn't tell me it was an LE, and after a long two days I dumbly assumed it was just a regular Hong Kong pin. He seemed fine with the trade we worked out but I didn't even realize it till I got home, and was mortified to find out it was LE 800. I would have definitely insisted on something better if he'd let me know. And the trader who traded me the Paris + Tokyo Card Club Oswald, it meant a lot to me. Thank you. I couldn't stop smiling on the way to dinner and even on the way home. Not sure if either of them are on here but still!

So to the people who put up with the small-time traders like me who were fumbling with their tiny bags, thank you, and I hope the good pin karma returned something wonderful to you.

Let's see what everyone else got on day 2! I love looking at your hauls! I'm returning for day 3, mostly because I forgot to take pictures with all sets but the Aristocats ones, so I'll bring what little traders I have left! See y'all there!

Edited bc I left my full name in the pic. Not that it matters, but y'know lol.

Last edited:
So Amazing. Wonderful haul. Soo many pins from the boards. Love the Alice pins. How many times are you able to go to the boards, etc?
You get four tabs per day and can do two pins per tab. They also had an rsp for two additional tabs per day. And the BiS got two tabs per day for their dedicated board.

There were many complaints. They seemed to have run out of pins to put on the Best in Show board, so they culled pins from the regular boards to add to that board. At some point, there were even Hidden Mickeys on the BiS board.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I spoke to someone about that and this is what they said: The intent for the BiS board was to have pins from locations not usually represented on the other boards - DSF, Shanghai, etc. And they had tons of those. Problem is, Shanghai and such tend to be smaller pins and everyone wanted big large pins like WDI and DSF, etc. So people were complaining about the boards when only the smaller partner pins were left on it. They tried to appease those people by putting some of the “nicer” pins from the other boards on it. Of course, that upset the people who were expecting it to have only partner pins on it. It’s hard to please everyone.

Here is my haul from yesterday.

Boards
02a4a08bfa8af9fa1433c37c12309b9d.jpg

The top two lines are AP with the top row being limited edition.

Line Trades
3cd38add0bcdeecb2a06da19932fa51d.jpg

Trades with DPF members.
0f6c5deb39cf7b8a91a63bb4fb0abc72.jpg

Thank you @swscref and @Fins4pins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that Tiana USA pin up for trade? PM me, I'd love to try and work out something...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I spoke to someone about that and this is what they said: The intent for the BiS board was to have pins from locations not usually represented on the other boards - DSF, Shanghai, etc. And they had tons of those. Problem is, Shanghai and such tend to be smaller pins and everyone wanted big large pins like WDI and DSF, etc. So people were complaining about the boards when only the smaller partner pins were left on it. They tried to appease those people by putting some of the “nicer” pins from the other boards on it. Of course, that upset the people who were expecting it to have only partner pins on it. It’s hard to please everyone.

A CM told me they didn’t anticipate its popularity and weren’t sent enough pins for it so they started picking out the nicer regular board pins as it got later in the event to fill in the gaps. No idea what the real story is but Friday afternoon the board was relatively empty.

I was very happy with my day. Not as epic as yesterday, but still pretty awesome by my standards.

Here are my trades. Managed to finish off a couple of older HM sets and make good progress on others. And thanks to @slbrabham for continuing to help me on the storybooks (just five more to go!) and @watzshakinbacon for ZAPing me the most appropriate pin ever (guess which one!)

0d5d02294e98f599a8412267394b2cb6.jpg

and here are my regular board pulls. Top two rows are AP. Would love to trade for the ghost park pack I still need. Also, I have two of middle aged Carl and Ellie now so would love to trade for one of those I need.

612cbe258dbcb64ccc290a7d8e3edc54.jpg

And finally BiS board. Tip row is AP. Definitely a step down from yesterday for my pulls, but I really like the crest series, so I’m happy. (But bottom row will be up for trade.)

4823ae294d900d32c96f385800ec02e3.jpg

Yay! Looks like a great haul to me!!

Are you collecting the dumbo park pack or trading it? I have the red and yellow tent and am debating if I wanna try to get all 4 or just keep the one

Reactions: Ajk
A CM told me they didn’t anticipate its popularity and weren’t sent enough pins for it so they started picking out the nicer regular board pins as it got later in the event to fill in the gaps. No idea what the real story is but Friday afternoon the board was relatively empty.
Man, I hope that wasn’t really the cause. They know exactly how many tickets they sold and therefore how many pins they need. Along with some “filler”. Doesn’t seem that part should have been hard. Unless they presumed the BiS folks wouldn’t do the board, but that was one of the main attractions so seems odd to me for them to think that way. But you never know.

Man, I hope that wasn’t really the cause. They know exactly how many tickets they sold and therefore how many pins they need. Along with some “filler”. Doesn’t seem that part should have been hard. Unless they presumed the BiS folks wouldn’t do the board, but that was one of the main attractions so seems odd to me for them to think that way. But you never know.
That's not exactly what we were told. We were told they had enough partners pins for everyone, but the caliber of pins each partner sent was lacking for all but maybe WDI, but they only sent a few. So, Paris sent over a couple LE PTN pins, but the rest were OE rack pins. And DSSH only sent leftovers. DEC even ended up contributing to the board, but they were the clearance pins.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yay! Looks like a great haul to me!!

Are you collecting the dumbo park pack or trading it? I have the red and yellow tent and am debating if I wanna try to get all 4 or just keep the one

Haven’t fully decided. I do collect park packs but am more into the attraction ones than the movie ones. But now that I have Dumbo and Up (and want to get the Ups I don’t have) I might work on the movies too. That said, if it was Park Pack for Park Pack that would be an easy trade.

Haven’t fully decided. I do collect park packs but am more into the attraction ones than the movie ones. But now that I have Dumbo and Up (and want to get the Ups I don’t have) I might work on the movies too. That said, if it was Park Pack for Park Pack that would be an easy trade.

That’s ok then! I’m happy with my single one

Reactions: Ajk
That's not exactly what we were told. We were told they had enough partners pins for everyone, but the caliber of pins each partner sent was lacking for all but maybe WDI, but they only sent a few. So, Paris sent over a couple LE PTN pins, but the rest were OE rack pins. And DSSH only sent leftovers. DEC even ended up contributing to the board, but they were the clearance pins.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah, that jives with what I heard. And I’m all for getting nothing but high quality pins. :D But to be fair, they didn’t advertise it that way (to my recollection), but more like the other boards where there might be good stuff and might be not so good stuff. But would all be from different groups than usual. So you stood a chance at a great pin, especially if you were there at board flip. But later might not be so great. I will say, they were very flexible and accommodating with people saying they wanted a new board and letting them step to the side and wait for one. I do give them credit for doing what they could with a difficult situation and trying to make the board as special as possible. It will be interesting if they try it again next year or decide it doesn’t work as planned.

Yeah, that jives with what I heard. And I’m all for getting nothing but high quality pins. :D But to be fair, they didn’t advertise it that way (to my recollection), but more like the other boards where there might be good stuff and might be not so good stuff. But would all be from different groups than usual. So you stood a chance at a great pin, especially if you were there at board flip. But later might not be so great. I will say, they were very flexible and accommodating with people saying they wanted a new board and letting them step to the side and wait for one. I do give them credit for doing what they could with a difficult situation and trying to make the board as special as possible. It will be interesting if they try it again next year or decide it doesn’t work as planned.
3cc8a8c79ca3e7e27e811b432fe80195.jpg
It was the worst day 1 trading we’ve ever had-

Seems to be more resellers and ‘my stuff is gold yours crap’ than actual ‘let’s trade!’ People this year and most seemed to stay long enough to meet with friends and leave without trading so hopefully tomorrow is better-

It looks like you were collecting the IaSW set. Did you finish it? The DLP Carl is so sweet and sad.

Last edited:
Very solid trading day. Keeping the Sorcerer trend going! But I also snagged the Jafar Card (which I had forgotten dropped! Whoo!) Thank you so much @kiragigi anf @wdwaurora and @chubs191 for all the great trades. :D

b199a6876fdbcfe44ccd81baae21793f.jpg

And my board pulls were pretty good too!

0d6df77277e27f88805993d6935f5942.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Did you pull the Hades from the boards? I pulled two from that set on Saturday.

Very solid trading day. Keeping the Sorcerer trend going! But I also snagged the Jafar Card (which I had forgotten dropped! Whoo!) Thank you so much @kiragigi anf @wdwaurora and @chubs191 for all the great trades. :D

b199a6876fdbcfe44ccd81baae21793f.jpg

And my board pulls were pretty good too!

0d6df77277e27f88805993d6935f5942.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Wow the Hades villaintine… nice board pull!

This is it! My final haul guys! It's not as impressive as the past two days, but I'm personally impressed with it considering how few pins I had to trade. Was definitely missing those boards though lol. Once again, thank you everyone for the trades!

PifUtlg_d.jpg
Love all those diamond pins!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Here is my haul from trading at the boards. I have two pins with my sister’s pins.
f18deba88cfc5d115e3ab1053d67607a.jpg

The top two rows are APs The APs are all LE except for the King Hearts puzzle and Genie guitar. I really like the Splash Mountain 30th Anniversary pin. It was my last board pull on Saturday at 5:45 when the lines had closed. The Genie puzzle piece is LE and from the Disneyland 60th anniversary puzzle. The Park Packs are fun. I only pulled Hidden Mickey pins once as there were some great mystery box pins I wanted for my collections on the boards. I liked the boards for the most part.

Here are my line trades.
0e3b37fbee8203f687ca13ff75012bc4.jpg
. The King Richard was trade from before the event started. The Dancing Ariel was a trade with @Ajk and he zapped me the Robin Hood. The other pins were from two really nice traders from California. We got along so well in line that exchanged Instagram info.

Last edited:
Back