• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Another wrist banded random draw release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so happy with this method it is unbelievable. I think I will be in CA next Saturday for the July 4th release (not sure if I can make it Hollywood yet) and if the release is like this where I don't have to worry about getting there too early for a line (as long as I make it there before 7:30am on Friday) then I can just drop by early on Friday and if I get a wristband, yay, I'll show up on Saturday. If not, oh well ^_^ Now I just have to cross my fingers I can make it to Hollywood (it isn't a matter of a car but timing >_<).

I'm so happy with this method it is unbelievable. I think I will be in CA next Saturday for the July 4th release (not sure if I can make it Hollywood yet) and if the release is like this where I don't have to worry about getting there too early for a line (as long as I make it there before 7:30am on Friday) then I can just drop by early on Friday and if I get a wristband, yay, I'll show up on Saturday. If not, oh well ^_^ Now I just have to cross my fingers I can make it to Hollywood (it isn't a matter of a car but timing >_<).

The Monsters University pin release is on Friday (not Saturday)...for the 4th of July pins, if they follow what they are doing for MU, then the wristbands & vouchers will be handed out on Saturday the 29th.

This method still favors those with more than 1 person in their group...and those closer to the front of the line when vouchers are distributed...

Last edited:
The Monsters University pin release is on Friday (not Saturday)...for the 4th of July pins, if they follow what they are doing for MU, then the wristbands & vouchers will be handed out on Saturday the 29th.

This method still favors those with more than 1 person in their group...and those closer to the front of the line when vouchers are distributed...

I'm okay with it being on Saturday too, then it means I only have to go down on 1 day as opposed to 2. As for the distributions, do you think that many people will be there next Saturday REALLY early? So early that many of the vouchers will be gone :( I sure hope not >_<

Yep...I agree!

lets just see what happens on a more popular release like next weeks 4th pins before we really judge this system.i can almost guarantee people will be camping out just to get a wristband!!!

I am going to be texting at 730 am and ask whether all 250 are there, okay?! :)
You don't need to be within the first 250 to be able to get the pins. They will give out wristbands to everyone there and then distribute vouchers randomizing from 1-however many people are there. You just want to get a voucher in the within the first 250 to guarantee that you'll be able to get your marquees.

I think she was talking about whether or not 250 vouchers get handed out before 8. If that happens, there may not be any point in coming down later in the morning after it's all over to just buy a left over pin (marquee I assume). If only 150 people show up, then there may be marquees left over to sell through the afternoon...

I would think people could just post info here about it, since it seems like it's less likely to be any drama-related issues now... (he said hopefully...)

This idea is horrible only because like Steve said it only helps large groups. We did this last release with the posters, we were all over the line and since I only wanted Rapunzel (1 pin) we just bought max and at the end we sat down and moved the pins till our whole group was happy and taken care off. But for a release like TLM or BT how will this help?

Normally with the camp outs it controls how many people show up at all, if we see that in the “live from” there is 150 in line most will say well I don’t have a chance I will skip this week, but now there is no cap so everyone will show up (I know monsters won’t be crazy but just pretend it’s a good release like Beloved Tails) how will they handle a large crowd? Look at the past they don’t do well with crowds and each time the LAPD is involved. Also what’s with only having a 30min time window? I don’t know how this will work or end up but I hope they find a good better way.

Personally I think surprise releases would be better for everyone, this eliminates camp outs and large crowds not to mention presales. They just post on FB “surprise release Beloved tails Brave, Cars, Nightmare , Hocus Pocus” we all have the same starting line and it would be just like PTDs yes if you are local it helps. I know there are still ways it’s not fair to others but besides larger edition sizes there is very little that can be done to make everyone happy. At least they are trying

@Ozzie

This idea has been a long time coming and is the best solution next to upping the LE sizes, which we all know, by now, isnt going to happen. This gives singles a disadvantage in number of chances, yes. But groups can't possibly buy them all (unless they are resellers) and since singles more than likely have pin friends, they will likely get help from those who have extra vouchers or available pin slots.

The LE hasn't controlled how many people show up at all. Ever since DSF folded at the BT release and went one per person, people show up in droves to attempt anonther flip flop and therefore a chance at getting pins. The situation has only gotten to a point where more and more people show up. With a full, not limited, lottery, everyone has a more equal chance and the need to be within 150 in line is simply null and void. No camping. No lurking. No pushing. No shoving. No splits in the pin community. Will it be perfect for everyone? No. But it is better than what they were doing or not doing previously.

Surprise releases are bad ideas. That method has recently demonstrated how crazy pin traders are and will actually promote the need to camp, loiter, and generally try to get the upper hand over the next guy.

Short of solving the root issue of the LE being far too low to meet demand, the lottery is the next best solution that gives most folks an equal chance at getting a pin.

Yeah I being a person who attends these releases alone can see my disadvantage as Steve and Ozzie mentioned... With the big releases I am driving down for less than a 50/50 shot at getting pins... This is getting worse than that PTD drug they got us hooked on then ration our addiction and now pull our drug from the streets... Been curled up in a fetal position shaking in the corner because of the lack of the drug the I am now addicted to... I would hate to see how I get after camping out to get nothing..... We know they will tweak the rules again and I feel I will be stuck naked in this corner for a long while...

IMO
They should release flyers like they typically do. They should have the prices, the pins, but that's all. Put a number next to the pin releases.

Then just randomly release the pins. On a random day and hour. That way we know how much to save to buy them and we still know what pins will be released and in what order. I would be really happy with that and it doesn't favor anyone! Basically first come, first serve. Like that PTDs.

IMO
They should release flyers like they typically do. They should have the prices, the pins, but that's all. Put a number next to the pin releases.

Then just randomly release the pins. On a random day and hour. That way we know how much to save to buy them and we still know what pins will be released and in what order. I would be really happy with that and it doesn't favor anyone! Basically first come, first serve. Like that PTDs.

Most of us have to request time off (or switch work schedules) to go to the releases...if they did random only releases, only those who don't work (or have non 9 to 5 work schedules) or go to school would be able to go.

All of the other physical venues have announced pin release schedules (except for the occasional surprise pin).

Also, (don't know exactly when it happened) pins are now drop shipped directly to the end customer from the factory (scheduled to arrive just in time for a release) instead of going to a central distribution center and then to the end customer.

When will we ever see PTDs in a nice sundae/milkshake glass again?!

What the heck.... So all this drama over pins has made the nice sundae glasses go away? Do u just get a crap scoop of ice cream in a foam cup now? So sad... But hey +1ooooo for the new lotto and wristbands. Its about time they do sum thing. It will not stop the re-sellers... but its a step in the right way.

Personally I think surprise releases would be better for everyone, this eliminates camp outs and large crowds not to mention presales. They just post on FB “surprise release Beloved tails Brave, Cars, Nightmare , Hocus Pocus†we all have the same starting line and it would be just like PTDs yes if you are local it helps. I know there are still ways it’s not fair to others but besides larger edition sizes there is very little that can be done to make everyone happy. At least they are trying

Surprise releases would only benefit those who live right by DSF or, as previously stated, those who can get there easily. If they did surprise releases, nobody can plan to take off for pins on certain days so really, as soon as they announce a huge release, what will happen is people will bum rush DSF which is dangerous not to mention those that live about 1-2 hours from DSF and have to plan to drive down have no chance so really, surprise releases just make DSF even more exclusive than they already are.

Surprise releases would only benefit those who live right by DSF or, as previously stated, those who can get there easily. If they did surprise releases, nobody can plan to take off for pins on certain days so really, as soon as they announce a huge release, what will happen is people will bum rush DSF which is dangerous not to mention those that live about 1-2 hours from DSF and have to plan to drive down have no chance so really, surprise releases just make DSF even more exclusive than they already are.

I live an hour and a half away from dsf, and I made it to every single PTD, usually takes around 3 hours to sell out. Besides they already do surprise releases. And they're fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back