• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Any Star Wars Collectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Star Wars Collectors?

stitchfan71

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, I decided to kick off the start of my soon to be awesome pin collection by concentrating on Star Wars, as the franchise is in my top 5 all time favorite films. I was wondering if there are any other Star Wars fans here. If so, let's see those Star Wars pins so I can drool on my keyboard.

Mike

I'm a huge Star Wars fans... though, to be honest, my fandom of late has leaned more heavily towards the Expanded Universe than toward the stuff Lucas was stamping with his official "canon" seal of approval. My first pin was a Pete as Boba Fett. I also have a Stormtrooper helmet with Mickey Earhat, Daisy as Aurra Sing, and the Rebel Alliance logo with ears. There are a lot of Star Wars pins out there, but I typically just pick up the mash-up ones. I'm sure we'll see this section of pins grow with the recent acquisition.

I'll post a picture of them later tonight if I can... or maybe this weekend. :p

Sweet, can't wait to check out the pins.

I lean more toward the original trilogy. Luke Skywalker is my favorite and I collect anything with him on it. The first pins I get will be from the classic trilogy, then I'll expand into the newer movies.

Mike

I mainly collect the Disney characters dressed as Star Wars characters. As you can probably tell.
starwars_zps2c8db169.jpg
[/IMG]

Being new to the hobby, I don't "have" a Star Wars Pin collection, but as I sit here and narrow down the subjects/themes/collections I want to focus on, "Stormtroopers" continue to make the cut.

I will take some pics of my collection this weekend and post them up for you. Check out my thread in the trading section for the last six in the 2002 series that I am looking for. There are 30 pins in this series. I would recommend starting here and this years Star Wars Weekends Pins. This is one of the few they have previewed so far:
mail

There are similar pins for Star Wars and Empire!

Good luck with your collection. If you have any questions, Feel free to ask me anytime.

David

Welcome to the wonderful world of Star Wars! Im such a nut when it comes to this movie. Since I first stood in line in 1977 with my Dad to see this movie, I had no clue at the ripe age of 7 what kind of influence it would have on my life. Is it possible for that to happen?!

My home office is riddled with Star Wars goodies. Im new to Pin Trading, however working frantically on my SW Collection! I'll continue to watch this thread to see what other folks have as far as their collection of SW Pins

Can't wait to see the pics guys.

I too saw Star Wars in it's initial run. I was 6 years old and I remember going to see it with my mom. Back when I was a kid, you were allowed to go into the theater in the middle of the movie and stay as many times as you wanted. We walked in when the Millennium Falcon was being pulled into the Death Star. I was transfixed on the screen and stopped walking. My mom had to come back and take me to our seats. I remember watching that movie 3 times before we left and I saw it a few more times after.

When it comes to collecting Star Wars, I generally collect my favorite character, Luke Skywalker. I just started recollecting so my collection is small. Once I saw Disney made Star Wars pins it was a no brainier for me to start a Star Wars pin collection. Been looking on eBay for a few, being real careful to investigate any pin I was interested in. Don't want any scrappers in my collection.

When I pick up my first Star Wars pin, I will let you all know.

Mike

My boyfriend and I love, love, love Star Wars! We have a super tiny collection of mostly OE pins! This is our favorite that we really want but probably wont get HA....

pin61576
Pin 61576: WDW - Star Wars Weekends 2008 - Jumbo Helmet Boba Fett

I have all of the 2000 Star Wars weekend pins, and most of the 2001 Star Wars weekends pin. I stopped collecting them after that for some reason. BTW, I have a couple extra of this one:

pin1731

Pin 1731: Disney/MGM Star Wars Weekends 2000 -- Chewbacca

If anyone wants to work out a trade.

We need more pictures of collections. I am going to attend this years Star Wars weekend. It will be my first. I also so the original movie first run at the theater the special effects still mesmerize me.

I am a BIG Star Wars fan, though I will admit, I do not have a lot of Star Wars pins. Tons of figues, vehicles, comics, models, trading cards, more figures, lightsabers, posters, books, etc! Most of the Star Wars pins that I have are here in this frame:
F9B0C6CA-5A1B-467E-8D37-B6228A7D4D52-1859-0000024AFA3F51AD_zpsc2174a38.jpg

I need to fix that one pin that fell and add a few more Star Wars/Tours pins. That is a print of the old Star Tours mural that was in Star Tours. It is still there, but the Starspeeders have been updated with the new paint job.

I also enjoy dressing up as Star Wars characters. Here are my girlfriend and I at Wondercon, dressed as Steampunk Mandalorians:

def33b4e99ad11e29f7222000a9f130b_7_zps20c951cb.jpg

Awesome pins everyone. Seeing your collections is making me want to dive in headfirst and start my collection.

Buckout, would you be willing to sell one of your extra pins?

Mike

My husband collects Star Wars! We're only missing a few pins that he wants. :)

I'm also a big Star Wars fan although I don't always like all the pins. I am looking forward to seeing what new stuff comes now the merger us complete.

I do have a few Star Wars/Tours pins in my collection though & I'm currently in the process of making new pin boards up, so when it's complete, I'll try & post a pic.

My husband is a HUGE star wars fan. Besides collecting the pins from Disney, he has almost ALL of the Lego Collector Edition sets...can we say $500 for the ultimate millenium falcon set?? Makes my pin addiction seem like candy.

Omg, I love this! It's so hard to find other Star Wars pins collectors out there! We need to keep in touch more, guys! :)

My husband and I are reeeeally into Star Wars and have a collection going but we're both kinda picky and the pins that we're looking for don't seem to pop up all the time. We're mostly purists in that we're not into the Disney characters dressed as Star Wars characters too much, and my husband isn't even interested in the cartoon characterizations either. They have to look like the regular characters from the movies. I'm not quite so strict about it. I like some of the Leia vinylmation pins, and I have a couple of the muppets in Star Wars costumes. I'm sorry, Beaker in a C3P0 costume is just too cute to pass up! :) My husband is mainly into Boba Fett and Darth Vader pins but his holiest of holy grails is the bounty hunter set from Star Wars Weekends in 2007. He's been after that one for ages. A close second for him is the Jumbo helmet set, which I think is from the year after the bounty hunter set so probably 2008. For me right now, I'm after some more Leia pins, especially the one called Interrupted Kiss, and the set with the characters and their vehicles. That one has a Snow Trooper with an AT-AT and Han with the Falcon and a few others. So cool!

I don't think I've ever taken a pic of our Star Wars pins so I'll see if I can get one and post it. I'd love to see more pics of Star Wars pin collections!

I have a few Star Wars pins, but I am very picky about the ones I collect. Most of mine are Star Wars Weekends pins from 2006 (that was the year we were there), but I have quite the amount of Minnie as Leia, too. STAR WARS NERDS FOREVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back