• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Beloved Tales Game Offer (CSALSAITO) to those who participated in the last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beloved Tales Game Offer (CSALSAITO) to those who participated in the last game.
looks like everyone from the game responded, i hope we can find out whats next

And now this will be a pick your prize game? So the randomized number will be the order everyone get to choose their price?

Now it appears all the participants have been contacted, those whom opted out have said so, and we will allow the last minute canidates a day to decide, as well as for the host to add in any fill ins for those whom opted out.
Again your patience with this is greatly appreciated by all involved. Please continue to exhibit this patience.

Again it is all involved's goal to get this situation resolved amicably for everyone involved by this Fri ,5/24/2013

<slithers back to the rock he lurks under>

Fiendly neighborhood moderator

something feels off to me about letting people who weren't originally in the game in the first place take spots. I feel like re-doing the game is for all of the original players to have a 2nd chance at winning the grand prize, so if someone else joins and were to win... I don't know. I don't think I agree with that. my personal opinion.

something feels off to me about letting people who weren't originally in the game in the first place take spots. I feel like re-doing the game is for all of the original players to have a 2nd chance at winning the grand prize, so if someone else joins and were to win... I don't know. I don't think I agree with that. my personal opinion.

I agree with you

I agree too

the filling of the remaining spots<those left vacant by original players having withdrawn> is indeed up to the host. I used the term to denote the closing of the game, any discussion as to if the empty spots are let go to original players or new players is the host option<with the exception of the aforementioned friend>
You are welcome to express your opinions but again the final word is the OPs.

just clarifing before looking for a higher rock as the afternoon rains begin here in WDW

Just an idea/question of thought from the peanut gallery . . Since this is NOW a pick your prize game, would the spots necessarily need to be filled? Meaning, keep the same prize pool, just lower the number of players. Each player gets their choice, the OP still receives funds & then has pins already in inventory for the next game (if they choose to run another)? Just something to think about, although as Lucan said, it is up to the OP as to how to progress from here.

Just an idea/question of thought from the peanut gallery . . Since this is NOW a pick your prize game, would the spots necessarily need to be filled? Meaning, keep the same prize pool, just lower the number of players. Each player gets their choice, the OP still receives funds & then has pins already in inventory for the next game (if they choose to run another)? Just something to think about, although as Lucan said, it is up to the OP as to how to progress from here.

I like this.

the filling of the remaining spots<those left vacant by original players having withdrawn> is indeed up to the host. I used the term to denote the closing of the game, any discussion as to if the empty spots are let go to original players or new players is the host option<with the exception of the aforementioned friend>
You are welcome to express your opinions but again the final word is the OPs.

just clarifing before looking for a higher rock as the afternoon rains begin here in WDW

ahhh yes, the green text of reason!

Agreed, it is the OPs decision as to whether or not to allow the vacated spots to be filled. Obviously, that decision could (will) result in more folks dropping for a variety of reasons and the circle of trying to get this game completed will continue to turn.

Let us know ASAP, so we can get some closure to this and move on. Are we still waiting on confirmation from someone?

Last edited:
Thoughts from the peanut gallery...

Is it really fair to the OP to just offer a smaller group? They are left with all the "worst" pins they offered and no money for them. A better way is to have the OP (if you are not filling the game again) go ahead and take the empty spots and pick what pins he gets to keep as the game goes. That is fair to both. He should NOT however be eligible for the grand prize. When I end games early with spots still available that is how I do it. Sometimes I give my spots up as well. It is truly the OP's decision. But to just give him the bottom picks isn't fair to him either and he seems like he is really trying to be fair here. If you all are leery of him doing the scramble you could have a mod do the actual scrambler for him and that would ensure a list be fair as well. Just my two cents worth here.

Last edited:

Is it really fair to the OP to just offer a smaller group? They are left with all the "worst" pins they offered and no money for them. A better way is to have the OP (if you are not filling the game again) go ahead and take the empty spots and pick what pins he gets to keep as the game goes. That is fair to both. He should NOT however be eligible for the grand prize. When I end games early with spots still available that is how I do it. Sometimes I give my spots up as well. It is truly the OP's decision. But to just give him the bottom picks isn't fair to him either and he seems like he is really trying to be fair here. If you all are leery of him doing the scramble you could have a mod do the actual scrambler for him and that would ensure a list be fair as well. Just my two cents worth here.

the game was supposed to have been over already but there was some sketchy things going on. right now there would be no game if people didn't want to give him another chance at it

the friend hasn't posted since yesterday, either. I hope OP doesnt skip out!
LOL ... Picturing those reading this thread together laughing their asses off.

I just don't see why he'd even start this new thread if that was the intent. Time will tell.

Personally, I have no problem with this. I don't think anyone is out to bend anyone over here (at least I hope not). The first non-CSalsaito name to come up in the randomizer wins the Grand Prize and everything else goes in order.

Maybe I'm in the minority ... maybe not. Seems like a good resolution for both sides assuming the randomization is monitored. I'd think people may get a little uneasy if we back are on the honor system given recent history. Seems like it would be simple enough to do a video chat or something with a mod as a witness.

the game was supposed to have been over already but there was some sketchy things going on. right now there would be no game if people didn't want to give him another chance at it
:werd: It's definitely not like people started backing out because they got cold feet.

a pure outside opinion:

I think giving OP the extra spaces and not letting him be eligible for the first spot seems like a good compromise. I was in Rocke01's last game and thats how we did it and I felt it was very fair.

Since we're hearing from the peanut gallery, I'll pipe up too: I don't think it's fair to expect the OP to run the game with fewer spots instead of selling the spots that are now open. Players paid $25 for a 1 in 30 shot at the grand prize. The game does have to be run again because 1 player had an unfair advantage, but I don't see why that would entitle the remaining players to a better chance at the grand prize than they paid for. Anyone who doesn't want to play, which would be completely understandable in the circumstances, can get a refund.

and now I'll get some popcorn...

I dont know why people think there was a friend involved, I honestly think tht he just made another account, it wasn't even a minute before the winning number was chosen, and everytime one was on the other wasn't. The first time he wanted to refund the money, he used the wrong account by saying that he apologized and would issue refunds, I took screen shots of it before he deleted it.

Last edited:
I dont know why people think there was a friend involved, I honestly think tht he just made another account, it wasn't even a minute before the winning number was chosen, and everytime one was on the other wasn't. The first time he wanted to refund the money, he used the wrong account by saying that he apologized and would issue refunds, I took screen shots of it before he deleted it.

If the post under the friend's account was clearly written by the OP, I would suggest that you send the screen shot to the mods so that they have all the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back