• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Crikey! I got zapped... with a croc!

ZAPPED! Crikey! I got zapped... with a croc!

SoraPandora

Figaro Fan
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
Extra, extra! Read all about it! Docfish2u strikes again!

crikey_australia_zoo_zps61ce9027.gif

Today I went outside to check my mail, and was pleased to see an envelope from my buddy, docfish2u. We recently arranged a small trade, and I thought to myself "Excellent! A new pin is just what I need right now to cheer myself up." Little did I know...

Not only did the envelope contain the new Hanukkah pin I was expecting... It also held a beautiful zap. And not just any zap - A GRAIL ZAP! One of my most wanted! The very first pin in my signature, in fact!

ticktockcroc_zps16884d0c.jpg

This zap could not have come at a better time.

I have been in a terrible funk for the past two weeks - My bipolar disorder has had me at the end of my rope.

Last week I hardly slept at all (2-3 hours a night, tops), because my energy level was off the charts and I could not calm myself down. (My body was exhausted, but my racing thoughts would not stop.) By this past weekend, I was shaking and crying from the stress of just dealing with my everyday routine.

The past few nights I have gone back to sleeping a normal amount (yay!), but I still feel absolutely drained... It's just miserable.

As some of you know, I've also been dealing with an eBay auction gone terribly terribly wrong. (See my thread about that here.) And on top of everything else, I tried to join a co-op less than a week ago for this very same pin, but I was moments too late, and the pin went to someone else. (Thankfully, the person who got the pin also wanted it very much, so I was happy for her. Just pointing out my bad luck, and how absolutely perfect the timing was for this zap!)

So... Thank you, David. With all my heart, thank you. You are amazing!

e4972f0c6e43add27dad4032a59b54ee_zps0177a1f6.jpg

P.S. Here's a picture of my cat with my brand new pin - Uh oh, it looks like she hears an alarm clock ticking!​

ashihearsatickingnoise_zpsa1b9a40b.jpg

Last edited:
Cute and I miss Steve Irwin"The Crocodile Hunter"

Congrats!

BTW !way off Topic here,is that a Wizard of Oz pillow I see??I collect all things WOZ too

Last edited:
Wow, how wonderful!! David strikes again and so glad that he made your day with such a great zap. Congratulations and you have such an adorable kitty!! ^.^

Wow awesome zap! One of your grails...I love the Croc from Peter Pan. Especially the scene when Hook is trying to escape in Skull Rock and the final scene when he skips Hook on the water like a pebble lol.

LOL, Lizard1515 - She is totally making that face. :shock: :rofl:

Tiggermickey - Yep! It's a Wizard of Oz pillow with Dorothy and the Scarecrow. My mom bought it for me at a theme shop in Kansas. :)

I miss him too. I look for Bindy...but hardly find her stuff.

David...what else needs to be said.

Ccongrats on your zap!

QUOTE=tiggermickey;376872]Cute and I miss Steve Irwin"The Crocodile Hunter"

Congrats!

BTW !way off Topic here,is that a Wizard of Oz pillow I see??I collect all things WOZ too[/QUOTE]

Okay, so the pin is obviously super awesome, and I'm so happy for you, but let's take a second to talk about how adorable your cat is, and how I just want to cuddle him/her... <3

Congrats, doll!

Hi Sara, I never know when I am sending a zap that the person is having a hard time. It just seems to work out really well that way. I am so glad I could help brighten your day!!! Now you know why I was pestering you to put numbers on your grails. I hate to have to do all of the work!!!

Back