• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

delete post plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
delete post plz
Daryl, thanks for getting us help, my question is how do we go about adding a pin on the new site, I just learned how to get to other peoples collections etc so next step to add pins Please help

Daryl, have one question how do we add pins that are not on the site, like AP's etc have used the new site but still have my issues with it Thanks for the help in navigation

I've noticed some entries don't have a picture, is there a place we could send a picture if we have the pin?

I also love being able top search in my collection/trades/wants, and I also would love to have more than 20 per page

I see you stepped down as a DPF Moderator to join the PinPics payroll and I have to say, this is a helpful thread so thank you!!

However, I'm curious, was a similar thread recently created on PinTalk?

The reason I ask is because the PinPics links were disabled here on DPF for proprietary-related reasons but the marketing aspect of this thread has me confused. Why offer assistance here on DPF when the PinPics links were disabled? You want people to use the new site but make it difficult to access it from the most popular pin forum on the internet.

It's widely known that the number of active users on DPF far outnumbers the number of active users on PinTalk; offering assistance here on DPF is appreciated yet I wonder how many people have actively sought assistance on PinTalk or have just given up on PinPics altogether? I like PinPics and wish you all the best, but I am in the group of people who prefer the old site. Yes, the new site is pretty but it is cumbersome and not user friendly at all. Personally, I would gladly pay $10 a year just to keep the old site running but this fee needs to be warranted, which includes timely additions of new pins; if users are not adding new pins, the moderators at PinPics need to do so.

As stated previously, the community is moving in droves towards Facebook Groups to trade/buy/sell pins which leaves me to also wonder, has the number of active users on DPF also diminished over the last few months? It would be disappointing if DPF suffers from this shift in the pin trading community and what circumstances can we blame for that?

On a side note... VILLAINS ROCK. You have excellent taste. :D

I'm one that is also having a major problem with the white screen on the new site. On everything. I tried contacting pp, via their own site, concerning a trade I accepted, from another trader, thru the new site. Nothing. Not sure if it had anything to do with the white screen or not. Then I tried submitting a trade complaint, with their form, again on the new site, nothing. I don't know if anything is getting thru to them, as I never hear anything back from anyone on pp. Not sure if I am being ignored because of previous problems with pp and their staff or what.

Also, the person/trader I am having a problem with, ID is now missing in my message folders (sent and received). I can see the title to the message, but their ID is gone and I can't open the message. Says I am not authorized to do so when I click on it. How in the world am I supposed to get the information I need to file a complaint, if I can't access their or my own messages? This means, since I am not using email, and saving it in my own computer (which I have done for the last 12 years). I will now have to cut and paste all trade information, from the new site, in a file and save it on my computer. Again, more work, than just using the old email system.

Just an FYI, I was able to get the bad traders information from someone else, on FB, that was smart enough to save all this traders info to their computer. And thank heavens she posted to a FB pin page she was having problems with a UK trader, or else I wouldn't have been able to file a complaint at all. Tho, not sure it even went thru. Sigh......

In closing, I have stopped using the new site all together. Nothing works for me. I can see trade requests sent to me, but that's it. If I open them and and try to reply, I get a white screen. If I delete the requests, it automatically sends me to my 'sent' page. And I have to return to my 'unread trade requests' page, weather I delete in bulk or one at a time.

This is my biggest question, for SURE. I have stopped trading online specifically because of this, I also have not been able to bid an any auctions because of this issue.

Good morning,

Again, this question is one that needs to be addressed by the staff here at DPF, we as PINPICS cannot answer this, please contact the DPF Admins if you have concerns about this , however my thread was to help folks use the site there, not to arbitrate between sites. Sorry I wish I could answer this for you.

A few more things...

Mobile/Tablet functionality. On Old Pin Talk, I posted photos of what I get on my iPhone and my iPad when I try to search a member. Basically, it doesn't display members when they are searched, which means I can't use Pinpics on my phone to see my wants list, or collection or compare it to someone else. It's a good thing I'm not local and attending PTNs because not being able to look those up and compare pins with people would be a deal breaker. So is there mobile testing going on?

Second, this is more of an explanation on how I used a feature on Old Pinpics, and I'm wondering if there would be anything like it added to New Pinpics. Basically, the edit wants/collection/trades checkboxes you can get from the My Pinpics page. I can see how people can easily think that that feature is redundant with the add to wants/trades/owns boxes on each individual pin's listing. Most of the time, that is how I would add pins to each of those lists, but in a couple of instances I would go to the My Pinpics edit pages. Namely, Epcot pin events and Hidden Mickey lists. In both of those cases, I would need to add 50 or more pins to owns or wants at one time. It takes a lot of time to go to each pin page individually, and mark them appropriately. The option to edit via the My Pinpics page allowed me to just click everything off, in only a minute or so. I also imagine being able to click 50 checkboxes and save was less stressful for the server too, but I'm not that techy enough to know. So will there ever be a multi-add screen where you can add many pins all in one go vs going to each pin's page to add?

Will there ever be a create shopping list or similar "sandbox" type group, where people can create their own personalized list of "something"? I can't tell you how many times I would create a temporary private pin group and add a dozen of more pins so that a friend or my parents or I could print it to carry around while they were on a trip.

hey there Hope,

ok as of rite this minute , I do not know of a mobile app that is in progress, Will there be one in the future, I would almost bet the farm on it, but right now we are trying our hardest to get the database cleared up and the functionality of the site in general up to PP standards, trust me when I say, yes the mobile app will be available, but probably not till 2014, We have tons of other new stuff on the list to accomplish first, some of which will be apparent sooner than you might think, STAY tuned as the TV man says,,,

It sounds to me like you are asking about the groups feature from old PP, as of right now there is no plans to reinstate that feature, if we get enough feedback from the community that reque
st it we of course will consider adding it back, but to be honest the amount of storage used on the servers for over 300000 members and their groups was a bit staggering, by eliminating them we allow a much faster server response time to searches, so to be honest, I only see this returning to the site under exceedingly popular demand.
I hope this answers these for you?

I'm going to need a tutorial on how to use the new pinpics site...call it a "New Pinpics for Dummies" for those people who don't have enough time to go figure it out (me included). But make sure the tutorial is free :)

Thanks!

Hey LI,
Thanks for the question!!

WE will be posting youtube tutorials and taking a laptop with a demo tutorial to most major pin events<or at least some to start> between the two it should be easy to learn, and you betcha its FREE!!!

FYI, this feature was/and is available through old Pinpics. You just need to edit via the wants/trades/owns off the My Pinpics page. At the bottom, past the pictures and checkboxes, and past the button to update, is a search box. You can enter a search term in the box and then check owns, trades or wants depending on which one you want to search.

Just wanted to share, in case old site users were interested in this feature.

I just tried this ...very cool, and the resulting display is better than the new site, because there are more pins per page. I'd still say that the new site has the edge here, because I can also search within the lists of other members - helpful if I want to check whether they might have traders that I like but wasn't aware of.

I have some issues that maybe you can explain for me. I tried using the TA and I wanted an OE pin. Nothing fancy. Just a simple pin. The trade assistant only lets me pick LE pins from my list. I don't want to trade my LE's for an OE pin. Is this because it has matched me up with people who have the pin and all I have in their wants are my LE's?

I am curious why our original trade request data is not included in the responses we get from members. It makes it hard to know what the trade is all about. Is that something that will be fixed?

Also, when I respond to a message or request, I get a blank white screen and I cannot get back to Pinpics. I have to go and open it again. Are other people having this same issue?

Thanks for your help!

Morning Suzziesue,

YEs the TA will only pair you with those folks whom have what you want and want what you have, so in this case you may find no one wants to trade that OE for anything but an LE, usually this happens with high demand characters or themes, as well as older rack pins, I cant tell you the wants for some of the older DLR villains even as racks, but supply and demand are the vital keys so try posting a wanted thread for the OE you want , you will most likely get a better response.

Your other two questions were answered in previous post on this thread, but thank you for the question it is a relavant and good topic, I hope this helps?

I would also like to request that pin groups be on the new site. The private groups allowed me to organize my pins and buttons into manageable groups or sub-groups. The public groups allowed better organization of particular subject matters. For example, on the new site, if you use the "Enchanted" Category list, you get not only pins from the movie, but Enchanted Tiki Room, Enchanted Tales, etc. With the old site we get only pins from the movie and they are pretty well organized. Thanks for listening and responding to all the questions/suggestions!

Good morning Isabel,

Unfortunately I do not see any functionallity questions , the majority of your comments are preferences for the site,not questions about how to use it. I tried to respond to each point you brought up, but the system here would not let me respond to that long a list<not sure why> I will endevour to post you a PM, to respond, but please be patient with me,

Good morning,

Again, this question is one that needs to be addressed by the staff here at DPF, we as PINPICS cannot answer this, please contact the DPF Admins if you have concerns about this , however my thread was to help folks use the site there, not to arbitrate between sites. Sorry I wish I could answer this for you.

Actually, you might want to talk to Pinpics about this Lucan444. It is my understanding that Pinpics told DPF owners that the links would no longer work because they did not want them to be able to link to an alternate forum (which is understandable.)

I agree with all of this, especially being able to see more than a tiny or blurry picture and seeing just how many pins I actually have.

I would also appreciate the search feature not requiring a "+" in order to not get 5,000 results before getting to the desired pin. I rarely use the new site to search because the old site just seems to know what I want so much better. Its really not easy, nor is it quick, to put a "+" before each word when you have a lot of search terms, such as when looking for a saying. I'd love to be able to search by number, as well. As for the "tip" to search by year, many pins have multiple years for the different runs. Unless all years are listed, you are still likely to get far too many incorrect results, right?

As for the +or - , these are no longer needed according to our programmers, we recieved a vast amount of complaints and have since eliminated<or so I am told> the need to have them, so pin searching is no longer a word problem!!!............
As for the year tip, actually only rack pins are released in mulit year denominations, almost all LE and CM pins are year based, so unless you are looking for a very generic pin, the year should help narrow it down,

hello FB!!!!

ok go to the gallery tab, enter anything <pin wise>and click enter, the left side of the next viewable screen should show a list of criteria to narrow your search, at the bottom of that column is a button labeled ADD a pin!!
Click it and it takes you to the add screen, enter the fields to the best of your knowledge<AP pins are limited just unknown quanity> and go from there!!!

hey there Hope,

ok as of rite this minute , I do not know of a mobile app that is in progress,

No, I am not asking about a mobile app. I am asking if there is testing to make sure the new site is viewable from a browser on a mobile device. I use an iPhone, so that uses Safari, and when I go to Pinpics.com and try to do the same things I can do via the browser on my laptop, IT DOES NOT WORK. When you log in, then you can't see the links for Login, Inbox, My Pins etc because it displays as white text on a white background (the header color fails to expand all the way across the page). If you try to search for members it does not return results. There is no way for me to look up pins belonging to lucan444 or any other user.

It sounds to me like you are asking about the groups feature from old PP

That is question 3. Question 2 you did not answer at all (or my first post of questions). This is referring to the edit function that is currently accessible via the My Pinpics page. The second link under "You May" in particular. Absolutely nothing to do with groups.

Last edited:
As for the +or - , these are no longer needed according to our programmers, we recieved a vast amount of complaints and have since eliminated<or so I am told> the need to have them, so pin searching is no longer a word problem!!!............
As for the year tip, actually only rack pins are released in mulit year denominations, almost all LE and CM pins are year based, so unless you are looking for a very generic pin, the year should help narrow it down,

I just tried it and yes, it does now work without the '+' signs - thank you!!

I've noticed some entries don't have a picture, is there a place we could send a picture if we have the pin?

I also love being able top search in my collection/trades/wants, and I also would love to have more than 20 per page

A> Yes you can send pics to INFO@PINPICS.com, we greatly appreciate your input of the photos, there may be some criteria<size mostly> but if you send it and its too large we can modify it to fit.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread we are working on increasing the number of pins per page for the collections/trades/wants.

thank you for the info /pic request, we REALLY DO APPRECIATE MEMBERS CONTRIBUTING`

I see you stepped down as a DPF Moderator to join the PinPics payroll and I have to say, this is a helpful thread so thank you!!

However, I'm curious, was a similar thread recently created on PinTalk?

The reason I ask is because the PinPics links were disabled here on DPF for proprietary-related reasons but the marketing aspect of this thread has me confused. Why offer assistance here on DPF when the PinPics links were disabled? You want people to use the new site but make it difficult to access it from the most popular pin forum on the internet.

It's widely known that the number of active users on DPF far outnumbers the number of active users on PinTalk; offering assistance here on DPF is appreciated yet I wonder how many people have actively sought assistance on PinTalk or have just given up on PinPics altogether? I like PinPics and wish you all the best, but I am in the group of people who prefer the old site. Yes, the new site is pretty but it is cumbersome and not user friendly at all. Personally, I would gladly pay $10 a year just to keep the old site running but this fee needs to be warranted, which includes timely additions of new pins; if users are not adding new pins, the moderators at PinPics need to do so.

As stated previously, the community is moving in droves towards Facebook Groups to trade/buy/sell pins which leaves me to also wonder, has the number of active users on DPF also diminished over the last few months? It would be disappointing if DPF suffers from this shift in the pin trading community and what circumstances can we blame for that?

On a side note... VILLAINS ROCK. You have excellent taste. :D

alright, the reply is no a thread was not created on PP PIntalk, mostly as questions about PInpics on PIntalk are asked and answered via PM by the moderators of PP. Then the thread vanished into obscurity much like my trade threads, LOL,
As for the reason to bring it to DPF, its simple, many users here do not visit Pintalk, even more do not even know its there, however with mulitple threads here on dpf asking questions and no one stepping up to answer them we felt it was time to bridge that gap, to aid the community in general, and to show two very importand factors
A> unlike the scuttlebutt , we actually are listening and trying to improve the site, we have folks working thier butts off trying to make this better than it was, most of whom dont get any thank you or even nice jobs... they work, we all work for YOU the pin community,
B> You here at DPF will help spread the word, you are correct as the largest bulletin board of its kind, DPF is a central place to both learn and diseminate the knowledge about whats going on in the pin community. We may not be the same site, but we do have the same intrest, why must it be so competitive? WE came to DPF like DPF members come to PP, to use the site to further our hobby, plain and simple, we are trying to help.

The access via FB or any other social media is just a shift from standard bulletin boards to more casual or informal settings, however it does not diminish or reduce the use of the database,which is what PP is not a social or bulletin board site as was mentioned and i must now correct you, PINTalk does have fewer members than DPF , however PP has over 30000, thats thirty thousand members active, a far cry above DPF, we are not in this for competition, we are in it to spread the word that the database that everyone uses, and by everyone i mean world wide for pins, heck even Disney comes to us as their servers only hold a 6 month history of pins, and uses our database.
As was stated the mods at PP are doing thier best to add the pins in a timely manner, we apologize if that speed does not satisfy everyone, in life you can not always make everyone happy.

I would also like to request that pin groups be on the new site. The private groups allowed me to organize my pins and buttons into manageable groups or sub-groups. The public groups allowed better organization of particular subject matters. For example, on the new site, if you use the "Enchanted" Category list, you get not only pins from the movie, but Enchanted Tiki Room, Enchanted Tales, etc. With the old site we get only pins from the movie and they are pretty well organized. Thanks for listening and responding to all the questions/suggestions!

Reply to the following addy if you would like to voice your opinon on features to be added to the site, INFO@Pinpics.com

I'm one that is also having a major problem with the white screen on the new site. On everything. I tried contacting pp, via their own site, concerning a trade I accepted, from another trader, thru the new site. Nothing. Not sure if it had anything to do with the white screen or not. Then I tried submitting a trade complaint, with their form, again on the new site, nothing. I don't know if anything is getting thru to them, as I never hear anything back from anyone on pp. Not sure if I am being ignored because of previous problems with pp and their staff or what.

Also, the person/trader I am having a problem with, ID is now missing in my message folders (sent and received). I can see the title to the message, but their ID is gone and I can't open the message. Says I am not authorized to do so when I click on it. How in the world am I supposed to get the information I need to file a complaint, if I can't access their or my own messages? This means, since I am not using email, and saving it in my own computer (which I have done for the last 12 years). I will now have to cut and paste all trade information, from the new site, in a file and save it on my computer. Again, more work, than just using the old email system.

Just an FYI, I was able to get the bad traders information from someone else, on FB, that was smart enough to save all this traders info to their computer. And thank heavens she posted to a FB pin page she was having problems with a UK trader, or else I wouldn't have been able to file a complaint at all. Tho, not sure it even went thru. Sigh......

In closing, I have stopped using the new site all together. Nothing works for me. I can see trade requests sent to me, but that's it. If I open them and and try to reply, I get a white screen. If I delete the requests, it automatically sends me to my 'sent' page. And I have to return to my 'unread trade requests' page, weather I delete in bulk or one at a time.

hi there,

Please contact us at INFO@pinpics.com to register your complaint, we take very very seriously the misuse of the TA and will do all within our powers to correct this situation. As for the white screens , we are aware and should have this issue repaired with the calendar month. As far as I am aware you are not being ignored, the contact us button was another feature that has been quirky since the site opened, and we are dilligently attempting to get that repaired as well.

Hi Lucan444 - I sent several questions to pp using the contact us button, and I got no response to any of them, so far as I know. I also paid for the premium membership, and entered the @cost drawings, but never had any contact after that. I sent an email to @cost to inquire, and was told the winners had been notified, but many had not responded. I am concerned I might miss the opportunity, because I never received any email or PM from @cost. I have initiated trade requests from pp, and I have received emails saying people offered me trades, but I never see anything in my trade inbox.

So far no questions, right? Well, here you go:

Are all of these known issues?
How can I know if all the messages I sent to contact us were received?
How can I find out for sure if I was not on the winners list @cost?

And most importantly, I am a tech, familiar with php and SQL programming... I am also experienced with tracing down issues in several db systems and debugging various other languages... How can I HELP?

Thanks,

norlando319 (pinpics and DPF ID)

Thank you for answering my 1 question, but this one wasn't...

The person/trader I am having a problem with, ID is now missing in my message folders (sent and received). I can see the title to the message, but their ID is gone and I can't open the message. Says I am not authorized to do so when I click on it. How am I supposed to get the information I need if I can't access their or my own messages?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back