• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

difficult to register on the forum

difficult to register on the forum

rubyquest

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi Monitors, I have a question and I don't know if it is out of your hand or I am asking in the right forum,but here it goes. I have met several people that have been interested in pins and I've told them about the forum and told them they have to registered first to get in the forum. All the ones I've told have told me the they've tried to register but they haven't be able to get on they are denied. And my question is why is it so hard to register on the forum when you have entered all that it is require. Is there something I have to tell these people of another way to register or a different link then what is on the forum? Please let me know so when I direct someone to the forum it would be easy for them to register and they won't give up. These people seem to interested in learning about pins and how to get started in pin trading. It will help me to give these people the right info. Thank you for your time in answering question.

How is it that they are getting denied? Perhaps screen prints or an explanation would be useful. Someone I know registered successfully two weeks ago and got the activation email really quickly (within 5 minutes of registering).

I don't know how they are denied they are having trouble with the random question being asked. They tell me that the
they are still trying to register but the denied registration keeps popping up. I am going to try to register from my computer to see if it works or the same thing shows up. I get back to you maybe you can help.
thanks for the reply.

I know that when I first tried to become a member of this forum, it took me forever to get activated... like a week or so. It was very frustrating. But that was almost a year ago...

this is what I got when I register all there info they gave me. In the random question it asks "what is Walt Disney's middle
name " I entered Ellias when I googled to make sure it was correct.
I tried again when it came to the random question again it asked what type of mouse is Mickey, I answered mouse

both times I got the same thing that I pasted below. I remember that the first time I registered to the forum I had a hard time and had to contact the monitors for help. I mean it is simple just enter date of birth, usersname, email, password, answer the random question and check the I accept the term box.Again I don't know what we are doing wrong.

Registration denied, this forum runs an active policy of not allowing spammers. Please contact us via the "Contact Us" page link if you believe this is in error

If you can help or anyone it would be great. P.S. to contact the monitors i go to the front desk and there will be a link
to there email?

Thanks

I signed up a few weeks ago, I think it's been a few weeks, let me go check.

Walt's middle name is Elias (one l) so that might have been an issue (wrong answer?)

I think after a few failed attempts, the servers might think you are a spambot? So perhaps try a different computer?

hey rubyquest,

ok several things may be at issue here,,,,,I will try to help as a greying Moderator in spandex with a villain complex may try...

A > As was pointed out by bookhugger, the system is very precise, we are trying to stop smart computer programs with this, so the misspelling of a word will stop you, as will spaces at the end of the cursor like hitting the spacebar after your done typing .
B> our system sometimes does not interact well sometimes with certain browsers< a program thingy which I have no idea why but it does> see im the people person not the gigageek.you may wish to try another browser.
C> Sometimes we have issues with the servers, a system upgrade we are trying to complete, and if the user will give us thier username we may be able to manually activate their account if needed<this is an ADmin only function so be aware it can take awhile>
D>Until issues are resolved, they can always sign on as guests, some access is restricted by at least they can see how we play the game, and if they wanta join in for real?

I know this wont solve your problem<or maybe it will> however we are trying to make the registration process spam proof, and as recent attacks have shown, we still have some work to do,
You and your friends ,as well as our entire pin community here at DPFs pateince and understanding is greatly appreciated by the entire staff here at DPF
WE work hard to make DPF the kinda place you love to come to, we appreciate your work to help us make it that place.

It took DPF several months to get my account activated. I was told to check my spam folder a dozen times for the activation email....but it was never there. Out of frustration I frequented another forum.....I guess that probably explains my low post count here. DPF is losing new members and needs to take steps to ensure there is a smooth process.

I also had issues with the random question and then would get it finished and never get an activation email in junk or my inbox. A friend finally had to sign me up from their computer and I had to create a separate email account just for DPF. I agree it was difficult and I had given up until my friend called to help me get on. We could be losing lots of new members to our community.

Same here. A friend had to register for me. I tried 4 different computers at different locations (work, home, etc) and different web browsers and none of them worked. I also tried PMing and posting the facebook group with no response. I had given up until a friend created my account for me.

Another issue is that there is no contact information for anyone on the forums. You cant email an admin to let them know of you issue if you arent a member. I think just addressing that will help a ton.

I had a lot of trouble registering, too. I redid the form at least 10 times. Each time it SEEMED like it worked, but then no confirmation ever came. I did it on my computer at work (shhh dont tell!), but when I registered my husband, we did it on the home computer, and it still look about 10 times of submitting over and over.

I also tried like 10 times over a period of 4 days or so, it always kept telling me I was a spammer -_-
Then for some reason I thought I'd give it another try, and they finally let me thru.

My friend have been trying to register again on her computer and I've tried registering her again on my computer
and we both get this
Registration denied, this forum runs an active policy of not allowing spammers. Please contact us via the "Contact Us" page link if you believe this is in error

Is there an email that I can send one of the monitors so that maybe they can help with registration.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back