• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---
I think that making more dolls at this point is out of the question. All the dolls have been manufactured and numbered. There is no way they are going to change this collection in any way now. It is too costly and does not make sense.

They will probably limit them to 1 per person and mailing address online and may actually choose not to sell them at the B&M stores at all. Considering the chaos that is happening at the malls.

They will probably look to their strategies with their highly sought after pins for guidance.

For all of you that are collecting the dolls and do not collect pins. Us pin collectors have been dealing with this kind of thing for years.

Do as I did two weeks ago. I took a camcorder (use your phone?) like walmart does on black Friday. The initial line gets video taped and when the manager came out for the handing out of numbers, I played back the tape and showed her who was in line and who saved places for friends and family members. I got my Ariel and 6 people didn't!

Haven't received that dreaded sorry email as of yet.

I'm excited/anxious to see what Disney comes up with to help solve some of these troubles. I'm hoping for a 1 doll limit. I'm not sure how much that would help with online ordering though.

I think that making more dolls at this point is out of the question. All the dolls have been manufactured and numbered. There is no way they are going to change this collection in any way now. It is too costly and does not make sense.

They will probably limit them to 1 per person and mailing address online and may actually choose not to sell them at the B&M stores at all. Considering the chaos that is happening at the malls.

They will probably look to their strategies with their highly sought after pins for guidance.

For all of you that are collecting the dolls and do not collect pins. Us pin collectors have been dealing with this kind of thing for years.

It was like this with beanie babies years ago as well. You know if they limited by IP addresses that would really make a difference? I seriously wonder if thats possible.

And be a member for months and have 25 "real" posts.

I am newer and haven't been a member for months, but I definitely am loving this community and although my pin collection is small, I do count myself as part of the forum.

Hey Everyone Im Lara from New Zealand and im totally addicted to dolls and disney just wanted to come in and say hi:)

The mall is getting worse and worse. I got on line at 730 this morning and I think I may have to go earlier next week. People who I know where only there to get dolls
For eBay where asking people on line in front of them what time they got there
It gives me such anxiety to think of how early I need to get there it's so infuriating!

Hi guys. Just wanted to drop in for few words.

It seems the Princess Design frenzy has attracted quite a few new members! Now for you new members, we have an Introductions forum where you can properly introduce yourselves to all of us fine DPF members! Here is the link:

http://disneypinforum.com/forumdisplay.php?4-Introductions

Take advantage of the Introductions forum, as we'd love to know all about you :)

Now, in regards to your guys' suggestion regarding certain threads as viewable to DPF registered members, I will have a chat with Cicada and thejessta within the next day.

Carry on!

...and good luck with the dolls! (Good thing I don't collect those)

Wow! These releases are getting crazier and crazier! My sister and I got to our Disney Store around 9:10 and there were already 25-30 people waiting. We thought for sure we would probably not be getting the doll...but apparently our store (Florida Mall) is the second largest after the Times Square location and they received around 55 dolls. I asked the first people in line when they got there and they said 7 AM...I didn't even know you could go in the mall that early! And before this release they were accepting phone orders as soon as the store opened, but they decided not to accept them until everyone in the line was served first. By the time the doors opened there were probably 50-60 people in line. About ten people behind where we were in line...a cast member said that the dolls would most likely be sold out by that person. Well as soon as he said that a guy behind the "cut off" person yelled to the crowd "If you buy me a doll I will pay you $100 right now!". People were getting desperate. I felt really bad for those that did not get a doll...but on the other hand our store received many more dolls than most stores...so what can you do? I thought I wasn't getting one either but we were pleasantly surprised that we did. :)

Overall...everyone was very pleasant and I only saw one or two people that looked like "sharks" to me. I was proudly wearing my Snow White t-shirt...and a guy that bought his dolls about 15 people before me came to me after his purchase and told me that if I did not get a doll, he would love to trade with me for my extra Belle doll (if you are reading this...thank you Phillip!) and I thought that was really nice...he even waited at the front of the store to see if we were able to get one or not. :)

It is really sad to hear about what has been happening at other stores...I'm sure the situation at my store would have been uglier as well if we did not have as many dolls to go around.

I am glad Disney is listening to it's customers and trying to make everyone happy...although no matter what resolution they come up with there are still going to be people that miss out...it is just the nature of the limited edition, popular collectible.

I really do feel bad though for the actual collectors that miss out on these dolls...as someone who has missed out or received the "dreaded email" many times for pins (and then had to turn around and buy them at a premium price on eBay...because I want them THAT much) I know how heartbreaking it can be. :(

Hi everyone,

As one of those guests that were (are?) lurking your forum and this thread, just wanted to say not all of us are eBay sharks.

In fact, I stumbled across this thread looking for information about the order of release.

I'm trying to get one of each as a birthday/Christmas present for my loving wife. We've both had a rough year and she passed on even trying to collect any of them. As a surprise, I've been buying them and having them sent to my parents house.

So, if your admins want to lock this thread that's fine but there are some of us out here who aren't pin collectors and didn't see a need to register because I really didn't have much to add to the conversation.

I hope we can all get the dolls we want and Disney can fix the distribution issue.

Oh and very nice Rapunzel drawing. :). I'm pretty sure my wife would want her most of all just like everyone else. :)

Take care,

Ken

I'm a newbie who has been reading threads here for quite some time (just like DreamingSnowWhite!) I finally joined here to ask if anyone knows if the Snow White compact mirror from this collection ever went on sale. The website lists it as sold out, and I want to buy one but don't want to pay the $100 it's going for on ebay. If anyone knows if it was or will be released I'd greatly appreciate the info!
Thanks!
P.S. I love the Rapunzel drawing-- it's adorable!

Hi everyone,

As one of those guests that were (are?) lurking your forum and this thread, just wanted to say not all of us are eBay sharks.

In fact, I stumbled across this thread looking for information about the order of release.

So, if your admins want to lock this thread that's fine but there are some of us out here who aren't pin collectors and didn't see a need to register because I really didn't have much to add to the conversation.

*nods*
Im another lurker turned member simply because of this thread. I am a doll collector (and disney lover) and stumbled upon this lovely forum because it was one of the first to have pictures of the dolls.
I truly hope Disney comes up with a good solution that will satisfy collectors because lets be honest, that's who these girls were created for.
Im not against resellers, people have to make their living however they can nowadays, but when someone is walking away with 10+ dolls, thats just plain greedy.
I came into this venture with a 4 doll goal, and I've completed 3. Rapunzel is my last girl & I have my fingers crossed it won't have to be an all night adventure to get her as well, lol.

It's really been great reading through the posts here, you are all very knowledgeable and have great community spirit. Im looking forward to diving in a little deeper into this world. (Although my wallet may frown a bit, lol)

are you serious??? do you have the link to the ended item? I really want to see this. I have that pin set and have been debating on selling it...

If you do think you're going to sell it, please please please PM me because I am desperately wanting to add it to my collection. I couldn't go to D23....

I took my mom to our local disney store this morning - we were the 1st to arrive at 8:30. By 9:00 the cm came out and asked us how many we wanted - then he told us we were lucky b/c we got the last 2 - WHAT??? The store hadn't even opened. Apparently he was taking phone orders before the store even opened. I felt so bad for the people who came trickling in after us and left empty handed.
I just don't see this as being handled appropriately - glad DS is rethinking releases!!

Wow wow wow there is over 5 hundred of the snow white dolls listed on eBay right now! This might seem like a horrible thing for us collectors but it actually is problally a really good thing! Most people will not be willing to pay the high prices On eBay so the prices will drop because there will be hundards maybe even over a thousand listed by the end of this week. people want to sell them not be stuck with there 5 dolls they bought to sell so there going to drop there prices.i really think that this will happen by Friday and most will be selling at 120 which isn't that bad. So everyone that didn't get their doll I would hold off on buying and wait to see what happens with the prices.

are you serious??? do you have the link to the ended item? I really want to see this. I have that pin set and have been debating on selling it...

I'm not sure if we are allowed to post eBay links here...but just search for "D23 Pin Set", go to Advanced search and check the Completed Listings box.

After doing this myself I just noticed that another set sold for $700 today.

Also I am terrified that I will not be getting rapunzel but after seeing all these competing snow white prices I think after a week that rupunzel is released we could most likely get her for under 160. Just look at mulans prices now compared to last week :)

If you search snow white designer on eBay there is 612 listings. Which by the way just at 602 ten mintues ago.:down:

I know im soo scared i will miss out on Jasmine i really do need her lol and dont want to fork out 260us like i had to with Ariel Which was a must for me lol I want her pin and mug to but cant find any :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back