• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
16143132_1418251514866076_5459664655373309735_n.jpg

Adding this to this thread (pupuce added it to the Moana thread). Per DSUK social media. Limited edition of 5500 worldwide (1500 Europe, I think). Releasing March 7th. Again, info from DSUK.

Last edited:
so quick Ann! I just saw it 20 minutes ago (when I woke up, lol) and was heading over here to post too.

I get up at 5:45 (Eastern) to get ready for work. My morning routine has built-in "Interweb while eating breakfast" time, ha.

My bigger question is ... if Moana is releasing March 7th, what does this mean for LA BATB dolls? The movie opens 10 days later (March 17th), right? Disney isn't going to do two big releases within two weeks ... are they?!

Last edited:
I get up at 5:45 (Eastern) to get ready for work. My morning routine has built-in "Interweb while eating breakfast" time, ha.

My bigger question is ... if Moana is releasing March 7th, what does this mean for LA BATB dolls? The movie opens 10 days later (March 17th), right? Disney isn't going to do two big releases within two weeks ... are they?!

That is exactly what I was wondering. Maybe Disney will release the Beauty and the Beast limited edition dolls after the movie have they ever done that before? Should be interesting I hope the announcement of the second Moana doll means that the Beauty and the Beast one will be announced and shown off very soon I am dying to see what this version of Belle looks like. As far as this Moana doll I am going to be there to pick up the movie so I hope to get her as i think she is absolutely gorgeous. :daisy::lgm::goofy::donald::mickey2:

Last edited:
She is stunning, now the big question for me. I only have room for one more LE doll, go with an old favorite (BAB) or my new one(Moana). It will boil down to if I like the LE BATB dolls. Thanks for posting the photo.

They are releasing another Moana doll despite the last one not being succesful? Disney trying to milk a dry cow.

I love the first Moana doll, but I think this one is MUCH better! She looks gorgeous, and I like the softer face sculpt on this doll a lot more than the other one.

Well, let's face it - it wouldn't be the first time Disney's released multiple LE dolls in a short period of time. Remember last fall? Several Aladdin dolls, a couple Frozen dolls, the Designer Collection, and everything from D23?

They are releasing another Moana doll despite the last one not being succesful? Disney trying to milk a dry cow.

This doll was probably all ready on it's way to being completed when Disney realized that the first one wasn't selling out as quickly as they had probably hoped she would.

I think only time will tell. People were underwhelmed with the quality of the first doll. This one seems to be pulling its weight and will probably sell out before the first one.

It looks like a very similar face mold possibly the same one repainted a bit. I loved the first Moana doll but this one I love even more. Cant wait to get her. Now I am just waiting on Disney to release the pictures of the LE 17" Belle from the live action movie. Anyone think that after the backlash form the film collection doll they are reworking the face sculpt and mold a bit?

Does Moana's face look softer to you all?
YES. And it looks 100% more in-character, too!:) I'm not sure if the face mold is different, though-I think it might be the same one painted differently. Anyways it doesn't matter. If the first LE Moana had had this expression I would have thought she was perfect, too.:)

Well, their faces are really different so collerctors won't have the feeling they have the same doll twice in different ourfits (The Frozen ones were quite similar but still) at least that's what I think. I like how the dolls show Moanas different sides but I definitely like the second dolls face more.

It looks like a very similar face mold possibly the same one repainted a bit. I loved the first Moana doll but this one I love even more. Cant wait to get her. Now I am just waiting on Disney to release the pictures of the LE 17" Belle from the live action movie. Anyone think that after the backlash form the film collection doll they are reworking the face sculpt and mold a bit?

No, I don't think they are. Mainly because it takes too much time to do that.

I'll like it if the second LE Moana has a different face paint, because I like a variety of expressions. I'm sure it's the same mold because that's Disney's way.

I find her original LE doll has an expression I like too. I like to see some attitude in my heroines sometimes. I don't know which 17" Moana I like better, I want to see them side by side.

I'll like it if the second LE Moana has a different face paint, because I like a variety of expressions. I'm sure it's the same mold because that's Disney's way.

I find her original LE doll has an expression I like too. I like to see some attitude in my heroines sometimes. I don't know which 17" Moana I like better, I want to see them side by side.

I found a picture somewhere that puts them side by side, let me see if I can find it.

Hmm, can't find it in a quick search. But here are the two images:

16298837_1279693122121158_7195045902970993990_n.jpg

I would like to just put the head from the first one on the second one, because I like the expression and the hair on the first better.

Thanks starry_solo! I feel they're both beautiful :) The original really blew me away in person .... I'm looking forward to seeing the second one in person too.

OK, it took me a while to figure out the Photoshop 6.0 that I have (yes, that's like 15+ years old) and then to resize the larger picture, but I think I was able to do a side by side (for the face mainly).

Here you go:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back