• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love watching people on youtube that re-paint doll faces. I wonder if anyone does that to the big Disney dolls.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but I'm thinking of selling my LE Frozen Fever Anna and Elsa dolls. I have two LE Anna's and I definitely don't have the space for multiples of the same character. (Plus there are other characters I'd love to have more, so I figured I should sell the pair.) Where is the best place to do that and what is their current value?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but I'm thinking of selling my LE Frozen Fever Anna and Elsa dolls. I have two LE Anna's and I definitely don't have the space for multiples of the same character. (Plus there are other characters I'd love to have more, so I figured I should sell the pair.) Where is the best place to do that and what is their current value?

eBay is your best bet. I did a brief search and it looks the doll is going for retail.

Another silly idea: Cosplaying as your 17" doll. I would love to make the 17" Aurora doll outfit
15404301118_b3b1c933a6_b.jpg

Cosplaying as the 17" dolls isnt a silly idea. Ive seen some people do it at cons and its amaaazing. My friend is actually doing Auroras 17 inch gown in blue soon. Itll take her a while to do it.

I've seen cosplays for Aurora and Rapunzel. Also lots of 12" designers. I just did a Google image search for 'designer doll cosplay' and the results were amazing 10/10 would recommend!

Seriously Disney wtf is taking so long to announce and show the LE La Beauty and the beast Belle doll!!?? It's getting annoying but I guess she has to be coming soon. I'm dying to see the pics of her

Seriously Disney wtf is taking so long to announce and show the LE La Beauty and the beast Belle doll!!?? It's getting annoying but I guess she has to be coming soon. I'm dying to see the pics of her

My guess is they realized they did a horrible job on their Disney store dolls, mainly Belle, so they aren't releasing them now. I'd rather they take their time and make it right. So maybe they'll come out a bit later.

I have 2 theories, both of which are just me musing and not to be mistaken for "rumors," reality, or anything else:

1. They are trying to give Moana a chance to shine. The 2nd doll comes out next week, and if everyone sees and starts freaking over BATB, Moana is going to get shoved to the side. I think she'll sell, because people are excited about how pretty/more elaborate her new outfit is, but the first doll really didn't fly off the shelves. People are already excited about BATB regardless, but with actual photos/info, anyone who's debating Moana might just be like, "NEVER MIND."

2. Disney realized from the Film Collection debacle that they cannot release the LE dolls in their existing form. I know someone pointed out earlier that the dolls are already made and it would be cost- and time-prohibitive to re-do them. But I really think, if Disney is smart, they will fix Belle's face before they release the LE dolls. If people wouldn't pay $20-$30 for an ugly-face doll, they are NOT going to pay $130 (and certainly not $750 for a platinum set) on a doll that is ugly as f---. It would be smarter business for Disney to absorb the cost of a delay and re-do, and then ACTUALLY SELL DOLLS, than to proceed with expensive items that people are going to be VERY reluctant to buy because they are aesthetic trash. If those LE dolls sit and sit and sit, Disney is going to have a bigger problem than if they have the dolls' faces repainted (at least).

Emma Watson is very pretty and there is no reason the dolls should be that hideous. Collectors have shown that they will throw down $$$$$ for items they want, but how many people are honestly going to waste money on something that will make them cringe every time they look at it?

And now that I've ranted, Disney will make the announcement tomorrow, and the dolls will be ugly as sin. Ha ha ha.

Last edited:
I have 2 theories, both of which are just me musing and not to be mistaken for "rumors," reality, or anything else:

1. They are trying to give Moana a chance to shine. The 2nd doll comes out next week, and if everyone sees and starts freaking over BATB, Moana is going to get shoved to the side. I think she'll sell, because people are excited about how pretty/more elaborate her new outfit is, but the first doll really didn't fly off the shelves. People are already excited about BATB regardless, but with actual photos/info, anyone who's debating Moana might just be like, "NEVER MIND."

2. Disney realized from the Film Collection debacle that they cannot release the LE dolls in their existing form. I know someone pointed out earlier that the dolls are already made and it would be cost- and time-prohibitive to re-do them. But I really think, if Disney is smart, they will fix Belle's face before they release the LE dolls. If people wouldn't pay $20-$30 for an ugly-face doll, they are NOT going to pay $130 (and certainly not $750 for a platinum set) on a doll that is ugly as f---. It would be smarter business for Disney to absorb the cost of a delay and re-do, and then ACTUALLY SELL DOLLS, than to proceed with expensive items that people are going to be VERY reluctant to buy because they are aesthetic trash. If those LE dolls sit and sit and sit, Disney is going to have a bigger problem than if they have the dolls' faces repainted (at least).

Emma Watson is very pretty and there is no reason the dolls should be that hideous. Collectors have shown that they will throw down $$$$$ for items they want, but how many people are honestly going to waste money on something that will make them cringe every time they look at it?

And now that I've ranted, Disney will make the announcement tomorrow, and the dolls will be ugly as sin. Ha ha ha.

Both very reasonable theories. As for the facesculpt it is Emma Watson they just need to redo the paint job as that's causing an issue. That and the hair being rooted behind the forehead. That being said I don't mind the film collection doll all that much I own her and will pick up the Belle and Gaston pack eventually. If the film collection Belle goes on clearance I'll buy another and put her in the something there outfit from Hasbro. Would I mind an updated face for the LE doll no. Not at all but who knows with Disney I mean they released the Alice and Moana dolls after the films release so I'm guessing the same is to be said here. We will probably see pics after Moanans release next Tuesday

Agree with all points in those theories. I'd also add that the Alice dolls and their poor sales will have informed the release of the live action dolls. Not to mention the sheer fact that the normal release of the Belle doll hit the headlines. Further, the film isn't out yet. Once Moana is done I can see the promotion for the BATB doll to kick off.

There seems to be a really low buzz on the new Moana LE doll. Nobody here or on tumblr/facebook pages seems to be talking about her much if at all. I know that I plan on getting her and it seems that the first Moana doll is still available on Disney Stores website! So I am hoping that this one sticks around in the store at least until the afternoon when i have a chance to get to the store. Also cant wait to see what the LA Belle looks like I want her as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back