• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disneystore.com Designer Villains pin set is available - LE 200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disneystore.com Designer Villains pin set is available - LE 200
CryingMonstersInc.gif

Oh my gosh! This was so the look on my face at 7am this morning!

On the topic of '1 per household' idea...

My family and I decided a few years back that due to financial reasons, the best choice for all of us would be to stick together. (We make it work pretty well too ) In our household there are 6 pin collectors and each of us have pretty healthy collections. While 3 shop mainly when we have the opportunity to visit the parks, the other 3 of us are rather dedicated to regular pin shopping/trading. In fact, the 3 of us who are regular pin shoppers are all members of this forum (though I guess I'm the most vocal, or rather the 'writer' of the bunch ... What can I say? my name says it all =>)

And I know I and others who mentioned they come from households with multiple collectors can't be the only ones in this situation; making the choice to stay together as families or to move back home has become a pretty common occurrence, at least where I live.

So while I understand that in theory some may think the 'household/credit card' restrictions would stop the resellers, it would just slow down the *resellers*, who I guarantee you will find another way to sell (isn't that always the case? online or park release? No matter how many rules Disney tries to set out, there's always a couple of sellers on eBay who manage to have 10+ of what is most wanted at the time available for a markup). In the end the only people they will really penalize or make collecting hard for is the collectors.

I know a lot of people are disappointed and I don't at all take away from how anyone who initially missed out is feeling (which is why I hesitated about posting as I don't want anyone to think I take offense to the posts here). I just wanted to share another side of the coin and hope that the calls to disneystore.com won't lessen the chances for households of pin collectors for future releases, and even more so won't jeopardize the orders for this pin set that are already said and done.

Besides, if orders were cancelled and 'resellers' and pin collectors alike were affected, whose to say 'resellers' won't jump on the chance to try, try again with a different address when hypothetically sets were taken away from others? Whose to say those who are honestly collectors that missed out will be around when they spring back up?

on the topic of '1 per household' idea...

My family and i decided a few years back that due to financial reasons, the best choice for all of us would be to stick together. (we make it work pretty well too ) in our household there are 6 pin collectors and each of us have pretty healthy collections. While 3 shop mainly when we have the opportunity to visit the parks, the other 3 of us are rather dedicated to regular pin shopping/trading. In fact, the 3 of us who are regular pin shoppers are all members of this forum (though i guess i'm the most vocal, or rather the 'writer' of the bunch ... What can i say? My name says it all =>)

and i know i and others who mentioned they come from households with multiple collectors can't be the only ones in this situation; making the choice to stay together as families or to move back home has become a pretty common occurrence, at least where i live.

So while i understand that in theory some may think the 'household/credit card' restrictions would stop the resellers, it would just slow down the *resellers*, who i guarantee you will find another way to sell (isn't that always the case? Online or park release? No matter how many rules disney tries to set out, there's always a couple of sellers on ebay who manage to have 10+ of what is most wanted at the time available for a markup). In the end the only people they will really penalize or make collecting hard for is the collectors.

I know a lot of people are disappointed and i don't at all take away from how anyone who initially missed out is feeling (which is why i hesitated about posting as i don't want anyone to think i take offense to the posts here). I just wanted to share another side of the coin and hope that the calls to disneystore.com won't lessen the chances for households of pin collectors for future releases, and even more so won't jeopardize the orders for this pin set that are already said and done.

Besides, if orders were cancelled and 'resellers' and pin collectors alike were affected, whose to say 'resellers' won't jump on the chance to try, try again with a different address when hypothetically sets were taken away from others? Whose to say those who are honestly collectors that missed out will be around when they spring back up?

amen :)

Well I just checked Evilbay and the sets and seperate pins are already going for Astronomical prices. One set ends in 6 hours, another in 2 days, 4 days, and a Buy it Now for $800. And then seperate pins are approaching the $100 mark. Just thought everyone would like to know.

Well I just checked Evilbay and the sets and seperate pins are already going for Astronomical prices. One set ends in 6 hours, another in 2 days, 4 days, and a Buy it Now for $800. And then seperate pins are approaching the $100 mark. Just thought everyone would like to know.

Wow, no wonder people are trying to trade their set for a designer princess pin set?!

Very well said, thanks for reading my mind!

On the topic of '1 per household' idea...

My family and I decided a few years back that due to financial reasons, the best choice for all of us would be to stick together. (We make it work pretty well too ) In our household there are 6 pin collectors and each of us have pretty healthy collections. While 3 shop mainly when we have the opportunity to visit the parks, the other 3 of us are rather dedicated to regular pin shopping/trading. In fact, the 3 of us who are regular pin shoppers are all members of this forum (though I guess I'm the most vocal, or rather the 'writer' of the bunch ... What can I say? my name says it all =>)

And I know I and others who mentioned they come from households with multiple collectors can't be the only ones in this situation; making the choice to stay together as families or to move back home has become a pretty common occurrence, at least where I live.

So while I understand that in theory some may think the 'household/credit card' restrictions would stop the resellers, it would just slow down the *resellers*, who I guarantee you will find another way to sell (isn't that always the case? online or park release? No matter how many rules Disney tries to set out, there's always a couple of sellers on eBay who manage to have 10+ of what is most wanted at the time available for a markup). In the end the only people they will really penalize or make collecting hard for is the collectors.

I know a lot of people are disappointed and I don't at all take away from how anyone who initially missed out is feeling (which is why I hesitated about posting as I don't want anyone to think I take offense to the posts here). I just wanted to share another side of the coin and hope that the calls to disneystore.com won't lessen the chances for households of pin collectors for future releases, and even more so won't jeopardize the orders for this pin set that are already said and done.

Wow! I have been gone for a few days and come back to this! I always miss the "surprise" releases. :(

A few things...

-I am not a fan of how Mother Gothel turned out in pin form. You can't even see her face, and the yellow flower design that clearly references Rapunzel is not even recognizable. I would bet many people wouldn't even know which character this is just by looking at the pin.

-Pin prices are getting outrageous! When the Designer Princess pins were released I was able to purchase a set for around $380 I believe...which comes out to $38 per pin (and that was 10 pins that are LE 150 as opposed to 6 pins that are LE 200). Now the Designer Villain pins are going for over $100 each right after the release. And I was under the assumption that Princesses were more popular than Villains? These prices are just baffling to me.

Don't get me wrong...the set is really nice and if I was able to purchase it I totally would have...but I can't believe the eBay prices already! I am definitely not going to purchase this set on the secondary market, but if I can work out a trade for it I would like to have it. :)

Also...if anyone is looking for Jessica pins in exchange for this set let me know! :)

Evilbay update: 1 auction with 1 hour left and the bid is at 687.77. Just deliverying the FYI for anyone that missed out on disneystore.com that has some spare benjamins in there mattress and is insane enough to pay that much for em. Boy, Thank God I'm not that crazy about villain pins. I'm so glad I like Mickey. My pins never get this high in price. :p

So I am very sad that I was not able to get this set, like most I wanted one set for my collection and the other for trade....for designer pocahontas and cindy but it didnt happen..... I had heard they were going to be released with the last doll release....=/
So hear my cries if anyone has an extra set of villains and is willing to sell/trade it to me for a reasonable price please just inform me.
Second if someone simply is willing to sell or trade Queen of hearts because that is the one I want the most, plus I plan on getting the doll and how pretty will it look next to its pin =D
And of course if anyone has Pocahontas and/or Cindy as trades or reasonable pricing My sister and I will be very happy to speak to you

Also I'd like to thank steve and everyone that informed there friends to get the set at 2 a.m. it's nice to know that there are truely nice pin traders still out there, my sister and I are new to the pin trading community/forums and hope to meet freinds as nice as you.

So I am very sad that I was not able to get this set, like most I wanted one set for my collection and the other for trade....for designer pocahontas and cindy but it didnt happen..... I had heard they were going to be released with the last doll release....=/
So hear my cries if anyone has an extra set of villains and is willing to sell/trade it to me for a reasonable price please just inform me.
Second if someone simply is willing to sell or trade Queen of hearts because that is the one I want the most, plus I plan on getting the doll and how pretty will it look next to its pin =D
And of course if anyone has Pocahontas and/or Cindy as trades or reasonable pricing My sister and I will be very happy to speak to you

Also I'd like to thank steve and everyone that informed there friends to get the set at 2 a.m. it's nice to know that there are truely nice pin traders still out there, my sister and I are new to the pin trading community/forums and hope to meet freinds as nice as you.

Thanks for the shout out. With only 200 sets and way more people who wanted them at least we tried to get the word out to as many collectors as we could in the short time we had before the pins were easily found thru the Disneystore.com What's New Page. When I posted the 'available' message, only one person was shown in the chat room and no one I knew were shown with online status :(

So for those who listed the Designer villain set as traders on Pin Pics, how many pin trade requests did.you get? I got 20 this morning! A new record!!!

HAHA!! But how many of them were really comparable trades? Did you put it up as a set or the individual pins?

So for those who listed the Designer villain set as traders on Pin Pics, how many pin trade requests did.you get? I got 20 this morning! A new record!!!

HAHA!! But how many of them were really comparable trades? Did you put it up as a set or the individual pins?

There was one that was remotely close but it wasn't anything I really wanted. I listed the whole set, if I list them individually I'll just get mad requests for Mother Gothel

As of the moment, I only plan on keeping Mother Gothel. I haven't decided if I will sell or try to trade the other five. I won't confirm anything until I have them in hand.

Might be interesting to put them up seperately & see who you get the most requests for. plus you would break that record of 20! Congrats on getting a set & I hope you can trade for something you really want with it. :)

There was one that was remotely close but it wasn't anything I really wanted. I listed the whole set, if I list them individually I'll just get mad requests for Mother Gothel

As of the moment, I only plan on keeping Mother Gothel. I haven't decided if I will sell or try to trade the other five. I won't confirm anything until I have them in hand.

If you do decide to trade or sell keep me in mind for the queen please I would love her

Anyone with any pins left for co-op, please message me. I'm like crying right now because I missed these beauties. Most interested in Cruella, Gothel, Maleficent, and the Evil Queen (in that order). Thank you!

Depending on your price for it, I'd love to buy the Maleficent pin from you PatRin. :) If you decide to sell her, that is. I'd appreciate you keeping me in mind. She's the only one of the pins I want from this set. Thank you!

Last edited:
I'll say it again since it seems like it is quite popular to say here, I will definitely be willing to talk Designer Ursula (once again, I'm shocked that out of all the past posts, nobody has had love for the original lady with the body language)

tumblr_lpki2rN8Z91qm6oc3o1_500.gif

Out of curiosity...what do you all think the quantity necessary would have been to satisfy demand from all pin collectors up front? I'm not counting people who have yet to become pin collectors or casual passersby who see it and want it, I mean established collectors who WANT this item. I'm thinking 3000 sets.

Out of curiosity...what do you all think the quantity necessary would have been to satisfy demand from all pin collectors up front? I'm not counting people who have yet to become pin collectors or casual passersby who see it and want it, I mean established collectors who WANT this item. I'm thinking 3000 sets.

I think if they wanted to satisfy most, but not have too many to over saturate the market and give those really greedy people selling them for so much on Ebay a chance to get more, maybe 1000. However, I think even 1000 is pushing it for such a nice set, I would have liked maybe 500 or so...more in circulation helps me get one xP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back