• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disneystore.com Designer Villains pin set is available - LE 200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disneystore.com Designer Villains pin set is available - LE 200
Ok, I just got off the phone with a supervisor named Jared from ds.com.

He basically said the same thing like disneydogs. While the dolls will be restricted to one per address, the pins are only restricted to one per order, but a person can place multiple orders. Now, how does that satisfy "In response to our loyal Guests requests ..." part if the loyal guests will have to lump it and pay $500+ on Ebay is beyond me, but it seems to be the current wisdom of ds.com.

So, everyone who placed orders, should be able to get them :) Collector and re-seller alike.

I also asked him if there were any future plans to restrict these pin sets to one per household. He said that he was not aware of any current restrictions.

So, I think it pays to stay up in the night and read the forum and follow the links. To friends who are trying to find these, I wish you best of luck :)

last year didn't they limit the last 5 of the designer princess dolls to one per customer per household or something like that?

No, they didn't. It was the same as this: maximum one item per order. The volume of merchandise and orders being made probably made it impossible to screen any of them. The US DS.com does not seem well equipped to do more than make an item limit per order. Cancellations only seem to happen when items are oversold.

Since the verbage on the listing is what it is, I have to agree with AmySchweppe that Disney should hold to that, despite whatever their intent was, because households can and do often have multiple collectors, some of whom may be minors or do not have credit cards. The real answer is that Disney ought to have just made more (though it is of course impossible for that to happen with this set or any other numbered LE item). Sure, it reduces the lower-edition collectibility, but you would end up with more happy consumers. Alternatively, they should change the phrasing of the "limit disclaimer" to reflect what they really "mean."

Btw, I didn't even know this set was out until 8 am PDT... =/

Last edited:
Ok, I just got off the phone with a supervisor named Jared from ds.com.

He basically said the same thing like disneydogs. While the dolls will be restricted to one per address, the pins are only restricted to one per order, but a person can place multiple orders. Now, how does that satisfy "In response to our loyal Guests requests ..." part if the loyal guests will have to lump it and pay $500+ on Ebay is beyond me, but it seems to be the current wisdom of ds.com.

So, everyone who placed orders, should be able to get them :) Collector and re-seller alike.

I also asked him if there were any future plans to restrict these pin sets to one per household. He said that he was not aware of any current restrictions.

So, I think it pays to stay up in the night and read the forum and follow the links. To friends who are trying to find these, I wish you best of luck :)

I am a grown man crying over pins right now.... i seriously need to re evaluate my feelings over all this. My designer girls will be without their Villains i guess... :(

I am a grown man crying over pins right now.... i seriously need to re evaluate my feelings over all this. My designer girls will be without their Villains i guess... :(

Don't give up hope yet Laz. There are 200 of these pin sets out there. They will eventually make their way. Don't give up hope, just give up "NOW" and you will get them sooner or later. It is the journey not the destination .... or .... insert your choice cliché here :lol:

Dang .... I should have gotten up when the cat licked me this morning :(

Last edited:
I suppose it is what it is. What I really like seeing is that many people are keeping these or they've picked them up for others. :)

I suppose it is what it is. What I really like seeing is that many people are keeping these or they've picked them up for others. :)

I truely hope that is the case <3 I would like to think our DPF family is being helpful to eachother. The sellers that are pricing all these pins ridiculously to make a quick buck out of greed are simply killing this hobby :'( this is why i like to help as many people as i can aquire the unnatainable at cost whenever i can help out for the most part <3

I am so upset because I was ON the forums last night at midnight to 1am when Steve announced these however, I did NOT check the GD forum until early morning! Cruddy thing is, if I got the set, I would've GLADLY traded/sold (at fair cost) all but Maleficent and Evil Queen to fellow DPF members. I think I'm the only one who is unimpressed by the Mother Gothel pin. All you can really see is her back and just barely her profile. I kind of wish that she would've been facing front like Maleficent or Cruella. I cannot believe how many of these sets are selling on Ebay for $500.00 ... my jaw is just... on the floor :(

Edit: For the record, if by some sheer miracle I DO manage to get this set, I'm sticking to my words :)

Last edited:
i went to my disney store this morning and they had 25 dolls and only 10 people showed up for the big release so everyone got one and they still drew the names out of the culdron and low and behold mine was the first one drawn out and the bad thing is they were not giving no discounts on them not even the visa card discount that was upsetting

No, they didn't. It was the same as this: maximum one item per order. The volume of merchandise and orders being made probably made it impossible to screen any of them. The US DS.com does not seem well equipped to do more than make an item limit per order. Cancellations only seem to happen when items are oversold.

Since the verbage on the listing is what it is, I have to agree with AmySchweppe that Disney should hold to that, despite whatever their intent was, because households can and do often have multiple collectors, some of whom may be minors or do not have credit cards. The real answer is that Disney ought to have just made more (though it is of course impossible for that to happen with this set or any other numbered LE item). Sure, it reduces the lower-edition collectibility, but you would end up with more happy consumers. Alternatively, they should change the phrasing of the "limit disclaimer" to reflect what they really "mean."

Btw, I didn't even know this set was out until 8 am PDT... =/

yep you are right I just looked up the sku's for the last 5 dolls and it had the same limitation - however on their blog it said otherwise so that's probably what I am remembering

• We will then have a Disneystore.com release of all 5 Disney Princess Designer Dolls: Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas, the following day on 10/18/11, at a time to be determined – the time will be released here, on the Buzz, continue to check back for updates.
  • We will be limiting the purchase to one doll per Princess, per Purchasing Guest. This limit applies both in-store and at Disneystore.com. NOTE: Purchasing Guests are Guests present at Store age 17 and older.

Since I see people putting their names up I guess I will too. I am looking for just Ursula (Maleficent would be nice but my witches of the sea come first.) in case anyone cares I'm located by NYC. I really hope someone has her and wouldn't mind parting ways with her because in this case I am the poor, unfortunate soul :(

i went to my disney store this morning and they had 25 dolls and only 10 people showed up for the big release so everyone got one and they still drew the names out of the culdron and low and behold mine was the first one drawn out and the bad thing is they were not giving no discounts on them not even the visa card discount that was upsetting

How much is the doll regularly?

Was hoping for this set for my daughter's birthday this month -- alas, looks like at $500+ I won't be able to get it (that's what I get for going to sleep last night)! Willing to pay double if anyone happens to have an extra set (and always willing to trade). Thanks for remembering us (and all the others who missed out).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back