• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disneystore.com Designer Villains pin set is available - LE 200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disneystore.com Designer Villains pin set is available - LE 200
The lady on the phone told me that they would go back up lol...then everyone will blow up the DS.com servers trying to buy those last 6 ahhaah
hopefully it's still at the same link at the first post :D

here again, just for reference: http://www.disneystore.com/disney/store/DSIProductDisplay?isSingleMatch=true&catalogId=10002&catEntryId=1319961&langId=-1&productId=1319961&catalogFromSearch=10002&storeId=10051&N=1000286&LSID=4003003%7C10676026%7Cbqnppj8euxmt

If you read all the posts on this thread there is one person on Ebay who already bought at least 6 of them because this one seller has sold I think 5 or 6 sets of the pins already. If that is the case and they void their purchases, what happens to the pins that they bought? Will they just put 6 or so back up and sell those for all of 5 seconds or will they not sell them? What'll happen to those lovely sets!!!!!!!!!!!

IF this occurs, then everyone here needs to be checking the website regularly to see if it stops saying sold out.....

What rule did these buyers break though?? - Disney clearly states "In response to our loyal Guests requests, each Guest will be limited to ordering a maximum of one of this item per order."

ScreenShot2012-09-10at111610AM.png

You guys can read the fine print but it did not say one per person. It said limited to ordering a maximum of one of this item per order. Not per person. Those who bought on the same credit card should be fine and if not I am going to complain because many people bought one per person and used the same credit card since they are married and such like myself. I understand it is frustrating that it was a surprise release but not every person was dishonest about it. I got myself pins for my collection and trade for the designer princess pins I have been begging forever. I hope I can get my pins so I can trade for the pins I really want too.

What rule did these buyers break though?? - Disney clearly states "In response to our loyal Guests requests, each Guest will be limited to ordering a maximum of one of this item per order."

That is sadly true. They did not limit the purchase to one order per household. One pin set per order, but one can order multiples as Shivatopia mentioned before and there can be also multiple collectors within a household.

I still hope that they will cancel multiple orders, maybe orders for more than 2 per address or per credit card or something like that.

I still hope that they will cancel multiple orders, maybe orders for more than 2 per address or per credit card or something like that.

I wish they could but that is still slightly unfair. If a family collects pins a the minimum to a family would be 2 parents and 1 child, they would need 3 sets. So who is to say that the order isn't one per person in a household. I think from now on DS.com should be stricter and limit it to one per household to avoid this mess in case this happens again.

On second thoughts .... I am not on FB, but is there a way to complain on DS.com FB page about this ?? Maybe it will get their attention ?

I get the frustration but I think that Disney needs to follow the rules they had stated. I know many people who have like 4+ pin traders in a house and all are family. I mean it isn't the buyers fault for putting more than one pin set on the same credit card. I love my American Express points and why would I charge on two different credit cards when I buy everything on one. At DSF I pay for our pins all together not a different card per person. It's just one of those things if Disney stated certain rules they should follow them. If they changed it many people are going to loose out on pins where the rules were never stated to use different cards and mailing addresses etc. I hope Disney sticks to what they stated because if I miss out on these pins I am going to be pretty angry. :/

I wish they could but that is still slightly unfair. If a family collects pins a the minimum to a family would be 2 parents and 1 child, they would need 3 sets. So who is to say that the order isn't one per person in a household. I think from now on DS.com should be stricter and limit it to one per household to avoid this mess in case this happens again.

It's an ongoing problem - it happened all the time when they had the LE 6 pin sets, then with the designer princess dolls, the pre-order for villains, and now these pins - they really need to set it up like they do on the UK website

I would have to say that a re-seller like that knows what they are doing to get around rules... Using different payment methods from different IP addresses... probably even having them sent to different mailing addresses (every family member will have one)... Who Knows... and there will be no way of Disney tracking them down... It is unfortunate for those traders who truly want the set for their personal collection that this happens, but honestly how can it ever be prevented??? Luckily for many of us on the forum we have members like Steve who will notify others as soon as they find out... Kudos to you again Steve...

Ugh... after complaining to Disney apparently their manager has agreed to do a sweep on all Villain sets to see if anyone has purchased more than 1 set. The manager(whos name I will keep hidden) has stated that they will search each order based on email address, shipping address, phone number and lastly credit card number. She told me more than likely if 1 credit card was used to purchase more than 1 set they will try to contact the buyer and void all of his order numbers. She told me that these pins have NOT been shipped out yet according to the system and nothing is guaranteed until the pins show a tracking number and have left the warehouse. I am DYING to get these pins so I will keep complaining in hopes that whoever is trying to make such a massive profit on these will get penalized and hopefully get their orders voided, even if they are a DPF member.

I HIGHLY doubt they will actually do that. Unfortunately, the limit says "one of this item PER ORDER". It says nothing about limiting it to one person, account, credit card, etc. I don't see how they can do anything about it. If this is what they told you they would do I think they were just trying to appease you.

*edit* - never mind, guess I should have kept reading as I see this was already addressed.

Last edited:
I still don't get why they didn't make it an LE 300 or LE 500 or so. If they bumped up the doll counts to more or less double from the Designer Princess pins, then they knew that these would also be hot items. Of all of last year's Designer Princesses merchandise, it's the pins (and the Designer Ariel doll) that have really vaulted into the stratosphere in terms of price on the secondary market, and for sure Disney is aware of that.

That is such a loophole stating 1 per order, manager stated that it was meant to be interpreted as 1 per household...but we shall see. I honestly doubt anything will happen but I only hope that it will!

I HIGHLY doubt they will actually do that. Unfortunately, the limit says "one of this item PER ORDER". It says nothing about limiting it to one person, account, credit card, etc. I don't see how they can do anything about it. If this is what they told you they would do I think they were just trying to appease you.

You're absolutely right but I can only wish that it happens right? I was just thinking in my head it doesn't hurt to try!

It's an ongoing problem - it happened all the time when they had the LE 6 pin sets, then with the designer princess dolls, the pre-order for villains, and now these pins - they really need to set it up like they do on the UK website

Exactly, the way it stands right now, either the people who didn't make it time don't get it or the people who were there on time get ripped off when they were there on time, but that allows some people to abuse the system. I think it is too unfair to hurt those who were up on time last night to buy them, so I'm going to have to say that I hope they change their policies to one per household, but for this set, keep it as is since that is how they were sold.

I would have to say that a re-seller like that knows what they are doing to get around rules... Using different payment methods from different IP addresses... probably even having them sent to different mailing addresses (every family member will have one)... Who Knows... and there will be no way of Disney tracking them down... It is unfortunate for those traders who truly want the set for their personal collection that this happens, but honestly how can it ever be prevented??? Luckily for many of us on the forum we have members like Steve who will notify others as soon as they find out... Kudos to you again Steve...

that may be if Disney ever implements something like that but it will slow the resellers down from just placing the item in the cart, checking out and then repeating the process multiple times the way it works now

I hope they change their policies to one per household, but for this set, keep it as is since that is how they were sold.

This sounds sensible. But ... can you blame me for wishing that they would cancel this sale or re-call or whatever and then sell this set at a later and unannounced date while limiting it to 2 per address or something ??

On a side note ... the math has changed with this set: Princess set was LE 150 but it came down to $20 per pin. In this set, they are LE 200 but now it became $30 per pin. So, there is about 50% increase in pin productions costs in about 14 months ?? Who got greedier ? China or Disney ?? :lol:

Last edited:
I get the frustration but I think that Disney needs to follow the rules they had stated. I know many people who have like 4+ pin traders in a house and all are family. I mean it isn't the buyers fault for putting more than one pin set on the same credit card. I love my American Express points and why would I charge on two different credit cards when I buy everything on one. At DSF I pay for our pins all together not a different card per person. It's just one of those things if Disney stated certain rules they should follow them. If they changed it many people are going to loose out on pins where the rules were never stated to use different cards and mailing addresses etc. I hope Disney sticks to what they stated because if I miss out on these pins I am going to be pretty angry. :/

+1..... people who bought extra for family, co-ops, purely to help others, etc are really gonna lose out if orders get cancelled :( :dunno:

Disclaimer: I didn't order any either! :lol:

Last edited:
last year didn't they limit the last 5 of the designer princess dolls to one per customer per household or something like that?

last year didn't they limit the last 5 of the designer princess dolls to one per customer per household or something like that?

Yes they did. So, when I went to our local mall, there were families with their kids waiting in-line although it was a school day ;) They also put an age limit on the kids if I remember right.

Speaking of this, don't you have to be 18 or over to buy a Designer Villain doll in the US in stores? Looks like they are keeping a tighter grasp on how they are gonna sell the dolls than they have with the pin sets.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back