• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion
Oh my gods you guys I am so nervous and so not ready. :< I just hope I get there early enough and that I use the right door and just... *flail* *breathes into paper bag*

Okay, so when I called my store today, it took me a couple of hours after opening just to get someone to pick up the phone. When someone finally did answer, they said that the Frozen Fever dolls are going to be first come, first serve while the Kristanna set will be done through the usual Designer raffle.

So turns out I am going to miss the dolls being online, since it's not the 3rd but the 4th for me. And Germany doesn't have any DS so I can't even try go in a store. Bummed because I could have swung it to be in the UK instead had I know...

That is so bizarre! I rechecked with my store today and even the manager confirmed that their would be no raffle tomorrow, wonder why mine's mixing it up while others apparently aren't?

Oh my gods you guys I am so nervous and so not ready. :< I just hope I get there early enough and that I use the right door and just... *flail* *breathes into paper bag*

Same, I've got an alarm set for 11:45 so I can be their even earlier than normal, just out of sheer nerves and paranoia. Going to try heading to bed in a few minutes, hopefully I'll be able to sleep!

So, Im thinking of heading to the Florida Mall's store tomorrow at around 6, but I'm worried about how busy and crazy it may get. Is anyone else going there too?

Im just wondering if maybe i should just wait for online. What do you guys think?

So, Im thinking of heading to the Florida Mall's store tomorrow at around 6, but I'm worried about how busy and crazy it may get. Is anyone else going there too?

Im just wondering if maybe i should just wait for online. What do you guys think?

You should try both to double your chances of getting them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

Like many others I am super nervous for tomorrows release. Is their anyone else going to the Galleria Mall in Missouri tomorrow? If so what time do you plan on getting there? Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!

I'm not. Gotta take kids to school at 8. It would take me 30 min to get to that mall, and if people are talking 6am...eh....I'd just be upset if the line was long.

So I'll be at work from 6am to 8pm tomorrow, so no chance at all of getting my Anna in store myself I don't suppose there's any super benevolent person in the Metro Vancouver area (BC) that only wants Elsa that would be willing to pick up an Anna for me?

That is so bizarre! I rechecked with my store today and even the manager confirmed that their would be no raffle tomorrow, wonder why mine's mixing it up while others apparently aren't?

When I called Sunday I was originally told there'd be a raffle, but the person didn't even know about the FF dolls. She was just assuming it was the same as the past designer releases. After much prodding I was able to get her to confirm with someone else how things were going to be handled. She changed her answer to all dolls were first come first serve. I'm thinking that's the way it's going to be at most stores, and the cast members are making assumptions based on the prior releases. I guess we'll see. I'm getting at the mall a little before 8:00. I'm thinking no reason to get there sooner since people just pile in. I'm not sticking around if they do an afternoon raffle for Anna/Kristoff. I'll just try to order it online. I don't think that'll happen though.

Funny, same thing with mine! The UPS website is stuck at 'label created', and that's it. No idea where/when my set is right now, or when it will be arriving. I'm also going in person to the store to buy the FF's! Wish me luck!

Call DS.com and ask them what's going on.

My store just denied that they were getting the FF dolls in tomorrow, said it would be someday, not sure what day.

I'm not. Gotta take kids to school at 8. It would take me 30 min to get to that mall, and if people are talking 6am...eh....I'd just be upset if the line was long.

I was just saying 6 because i thought that was the usual. When i did that for Ariel a few years ago it was deadsville till 9:50 haha, but i feel with frozen and the tsum tsums it'll be the craziest I've ever been to

@disneylover thats what i was thinking too I'm just debating whether I want to wake up that early and sit in front of a store for 4 hours lol

In that case, you're going to need to entertain yourself, or else you're going to go crazy waiting for 4 hours lol!

In that case, you're going to need to entertain yourself, or else you're going to go crazy waiting for 4 hours lol!

I would absolutely go nuts! maybe ill bring a book or something because nobody wants to go with me haha

My store just denied that they were getting the FF dolls in tomorrow, said it would be someday, not sure what day.

That is really weird. You'd think they'd check rather than just give a random answer like that. I thought they trained their cast members better. I don't often shop at the stores, though, since they're a bit of drive for me.

Did they know you meant the limited edition dolls? I'm seeing FF stuff on facebook, maybe they thought you meant you wanted to know when they are getting in new merch???

@Guppy94 - I showed up at 8:45am for the 5 doll release day at dollmageddon at FL Mall in 2011. It was first come first serve. Since I had no idea how many dolls they had I got in line and it felt like I was at around the 100 mark. About 15 min before opening they came out and started to hand out the cards. Basically the first 20 people got all 5 dolls and about 150 people wasted a portion of our life. Of course this was all new....the first 5 dolls were not done that way and there were no lines. Cinderella was in stock for 2 weeks....and I think Ariel was available for quite a few days as well. Even though I attended a few of the villain releases there with no problem, I have no desire to do a mad release again. If it ends up being not such a big deal, that's good news for you! Best of luck.

Last edited:

Oh, so THAT was the original Dollmageddon. I knew about those dolls, but I wasn't really collecting dolls at that time. I might have showed more interest had Aurora and Rapunzel caught my eye, but I honestly wasn't interested in their designs for that set.

But, yeah, yeesh! Five dolls in one day? What on Earth was Disney thinking???

Last edited:
Looks like I won't be able to make it to the store in the morning I had a feeling it wouldn't work out. Gonna try online though. I just really wanted to get there early so I could guarantee I would get the set. And I don't like to wait on shipping time ;(

Oh my gosh the first Dollmageddon was insanity. Seriously. It was madness. I didn't even end up with a doll.

Last edited:
Definitely not sleeping tonight, not that I really ever do with semi-insomnia, lol. Planning on heading to the store earlier than usual, just to be on the safe side.

Yeah, I tried to sleep, really I did! Think I exhausted every position and combination I could possibly think of! I was lying on the sheets, under them, in-between them, I slept with from a max of four to a minimum of zero pillows under my head, and both right to left and left to right on the bed, nothing worked...not like it ever does on release days, I just thought I'd try to be optimistic about getting sleep tonight! Oh well, it's midnight, instead of pretending to sleep for 3-4 more hours I might as well head to the store now! Good luck to all who's trying to get them in store this morning!

That reminded me how I felt waiting for Christmas morning when I was little Lola!

Status
Not open for further replies.