• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion
Can someone polease tell me how far away they are in releasing them on the UK store please? Thanks <3

Oh, so THAT was the original Dollmageddon. I knew about those dolls, but I wasn't really collecting dolls at that time. I might have showed more interest had Aurora and Rapunzel caught my eye, but I honestly wasn't interested in their designs for that set.

But, yeah, yeesh! Five dolls in one day? What on Earth was Disney thinking???

If I remember correctly....this is what went down. Ariel had just sold out and her price was climbing super fast on eBay. I actually saw a listing where she sold for $800 and the rest where all selling in the $600's.. This led to people flocking to the stores for the next release (these dolls were only priced at $59). I don't know what happened at the store for the 5th doll release, but I remember I was wanting Snow White and she was the 6th and I was planning on going to the store to get her. Then Disney issued a statement on their site (and I got a mailing list email) that the doll release dates were being changed and they would update the status soon. Then within a week or so, I got another e-mail stating that all 5 dolls would be released on the same day in store, and the next day online at noon (not midnight). We had to wait a month for this date to come...so I think the tension had too much time to build and by the time the date rolled around you had doll collectors and opportunists wanting to pounce. What was Disney thinking? I can only guess that there must have been a bunch of bad happenings for doll #5, and Disney just said "enough....let's rethink all of this".

OH I remember that its because someone got her link early and she sold out before she even went on line which usually happens anyway lol But they got heaps of angry people and decided to release all 5 at once it was horrible

Woop!

Good luck to those who are on their way to the store!
I'm gonna repost the images I put together when these dolls were announced!

Anna.jpg

Elsa.jpg

Just nervous about having to log in and stuff. Surely that's wasting time and more possibility of the dolls selling out. So nervous, and I'm really not that hopeful. Sorry to be negative it's just how unreliable Disney is. :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back