• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DS Worldwide 14th November: Frozen Jumbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS Worldwide 14th November: Frozen Jumbo
With what happened to me with the Tangled fiasco... should I even bother trying for this pin? :( I don't want to start hating Frozen pins too, I can't stand Tangled pins now (nothing wrong with the movie, just the pins).

The way I see it, since you're not emotionally attached to this pin since you don't actually want it for your own collection, you'll just be less hurt if it doesn't work out. Also, I always think "better to have tried than regret not trying at all." If this pins ends up at all like the WiR jumbo (which is currently one of the biggest WiR grails at the moment) and you didn't even try? I sense regret coming...

how on earth will they manage that??? worldwide? the whole computer system is gonna crash.

Besides them being on opposite sides, they are actually posed differently and this pin is obviously a Jumbo, something I'm assuming the DSF one won't be ;)

Well how do we know where in the US?! Gah! Lol

That's the thing, we don't. Keep in mind that Thursday (the day this is coming out) is a very odd day for US releases so something tells me it isn't that day (but it's worth a shot???) so it's really up in the air still for the US <_<

That's the thing, we don't. Keep in mind that Thursday (the day this is coming out) is a very odd day for US releases so something tells me it isn't that day (but it's worth a shot???) so it's really up in the air still for the US <_<

I have a feeling that the pin may be released in the US earlier than the UK (if not on the same day) the reason I think this to be the case is because the US seems to get the earlier pin releases than the UK especially where the pin has a worldwide release, we saw this with the Art of Ariel pin. So I think that with the potential Frozen merch release this coming Monday it may be released then? Or if not it would be the following Monday. I just think that it would be a Monday for some reason as that is generally when Disney does their larger releases. But this is all speculation so dont quote me on that.

we all know the release in the uk is going to be bad....question is how bad? with only 150 between 3 european sites, it will be chaos, possibly worse than the rapunzel release...i am going to try for this one but dont hold much hope.....

might try for sake of trying but wont hold much hope, I would have been successful with tangled except that damn error. So Im still 50/50 weather to try or not when that be money to my paris trip lol

I am going to ask my mom to try for me while I am at school. I am hoping way more than I should because I have a feeling I am just going to let myself down :lol: :facepalm: :anxious:

My personal prediction for U.S. release would by that sunday night/monday morning. Midnight as is usual for the U.S site updates. 10th/11th. I am going to be online just in case for that one. :)

I wish we knew for sure when it will be released in the US.

A part of me wishes we did for my sake, but a part of me wishes we didn't since if there was a guaranteed release, everyone and their mother's father' child's best friend's fish's owner would be online and then I feel like my chance of getting 1 is next to -5% (yes, NEGATIVE) so at least with it up in the air, those who don't truly want it won't put in the effort to stay up possibly 3 times if it doesn't show this Sunday...

i wonder what they consider jumbo?

While no definition exists, from what I've researched, every jumbo apparently is 3" in one direction (height, width, diagnol, etc.). Now I haven't looked through every jumbo out there, but all the ones I've seen are. So in this case, I'm assuming this pin would be 3" tall, which is quite tall when you think about it O_O

I'm going to try for the DSUK release on this one, missed out on Rapunzel (ended up paying more than I should have on eBay as I really wanted one...) but maybe I'll get lucky this time!

I'm new here. I have been following the jumbo Frozen pin. I didn't see it posted here, but it released (and sold out) late last night for US. I have no idea how people knew of the release time/date, but some were still ordering (finally getting through) at 4am this morning. Someone mentioned that only 50 were released in the US.

So just wondering ,do anyone knows when it is going to be release in UK cuz apparently some didn't know it was going to be release here.Whats the big deal with DS not letting us know when they are going to release
pins. Are they doing surprise releases on the DS now? so how sure are the people that want to buy the pin from the UK store know when the release date is?
just wondering its been a very long time I've bought pins on line, the last time I bought it was when they released Jessica in costume and they announced the date and everyone knew about it.So DS does not have release date for pins?
Thanks I just want to know how DS pin release works.

Yeah its the 14th for Europe. I've got to get used to the fact this is going to be a disappointment.

For DS.com, they've always done surprise releases as far as I've been told, never anything announced.

Someone told me there's only 50 of this pin for the UK? And then 50 each for France and Germany. Does anyone know if this has been confirmed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back