• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF July!! FINALLY Updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF July!! FINALLY Updated!
Ok marquee collectors, we need to decide if we should count this as an official marquee. What do you think?

I vote no. I noticed the Finding Nemo pin has no markings of anything that would let you know if it was part of a marquee. For me and it's only my opinion, a marquee pin would have only one movie associated to it as it is suppose to looke like the marquee out in front of the building. The name of the movie is actually small compared to the character which is sometimes the exact opposite of marquees. And we do see some marquees with only the title and not even a picture of anything from the movie, which is usually the live action movies.

Just came to the realization that this is essentially a $90 marquee...smart DSF, very smart. -______-

I'm wondering if the big marquee is worth the $81+ price tag. What I find interesting is that they say "be the first to purchase newly released limited edition pins!" Isn't this kind of a given? Maybe that means there will be some surprise releases that day. It just seems kind of redundant to put that on their flyer.

I'm wondering if the big marquee is worth the $81+ price tag. What I find interesting is that they say "be the first to purchase newly released limited edition pins!" Isn't this kind of a given? Maybe that means there will be some surprise releases that day. It just seems kind of redundant to put that on their flyer.

Maybe they'll release a surprise BT lol

tumblr_lzfqprpGeV1qdbqzh.gif
Interested in the Marque Pin

At least there are only two releases this month, and no beloved tales!! Thank GOD!!! But there are two weeks in between when they could do a surprise release or two!!! BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

tumblr_m4bs2677Ku1ql0mis.gif

Now let's just hope there are some sweet releases in August ;) This flyer made my day. No BTs, no WiR, no Helga Sincalir, awesome Stitch, Cat Yzma, or Charlotte pins, I'm good!

DSF needs to go Big with their pins...they have so much time and money they need to make things bigger so we can display them on our jumbo lanyards that Princess Wyllieam makes for all of us.

Speaking of Wyllieam, SOMEONE GET THAT WOMAN A MARQUEE! I really don't know how I feel about the marquee overall. I mean, I do think that completed, it is a great centerpiece to any marquee collectors' collection BUT it doesn't look that nice to me overall (completed). Instead of filling up the inside of the marquee with characters, wouldn't it have been cooler if when the marquee was put together, it had Pixar's logo in the middle? Just my opinion but still :D

Maybe they'll release a surprise BT lol

Doubtful considering it wouldn't go along with the theme, if anything, they are plotting a BT release for next month or the month afterwards (but I think in September, the LM release will be the big release so there is no need for a BT AND LM release, that's just too much).

I'm relieved lol I'm there for russell and that is it. Worst thing they could do is bring back PTDs this month. Can we say, pinpocalypse?!
apocalypse_by_push_pulse-d5my8ln.jpg

And of course there is no Ratatoullie on the marquee! Was it really so hard to fit Remy in there?? Ratatoullie is the most underrated Pixar film.

I'm going to predict it right now. BT release will be Sat sept 14th. the weekend of the Villains event. DSF is very smart and calculating with release dates. June 29 (Tiki Event), Aug 9, planes release (D23 expo).. Mark it in your calendars, Sept 14th 2013 beloved tales release!!!

I'm going to predict it right now. BT release will be Sat sept 14th. the weekend of the Villains event. DSF is very smart and calculating with release dates. June 29 (Tiki Event), Aug 9, planes release (D23 expo).. Mark it in your calendars, Sept 14th 2013 beloved tales release!!!

Remember that DSF is going to have an LM release (which will be huge) sometime in September and if I remember correctly, they are going to start showing LM3D there on September 20th, that would mean that if they want to release the pins BEFORE the movie starts playing, the 14th will be that day and if not, then the release will be on the 21th, one week after a huge BT release? I don't see it likely since I think the LM is going to draw in HUGE crowds, you saw how that Ariel PTD spread like wildfire, a whole DSF release dedicated to LM WITH a new marquee???

They may release something else within the next weeks. The flyer isn't finished yet. They have to update time and place for the event and they could slip in another release, however unlikely it may seem

Possible but I doubt it because they send their main pin people to the florida event. Patty and theresa and someone else was there last year. Maybe though...hope not.

Just want the Wall-E piece of the marquee puzzle...wonder how possible that will be. Anyone willing to buy singles and doesn't care about the entire puzzle?

--Melanie

I just realized that everyone is right about Ratatouille being left out. There are 10 different Pixar film series and only 9 pins in this marquee? That's kind of dumb imo, why didn't they just shove Remy in with a different group of pins? It seems odd since now this pin isn't the be-all-end-all of Pixar marquees since it isn't complete. I don't think Ratatouille is the best Pixar film but nowhere near the worst so that's very disappointing that it isn't included on that marquee. Since Russell is on the PTN, it sucks that Ratatouille couldn't have taken Up's place on the marquee, that way there would have been a pin released of every Pixar series that same day.

Loving the marquee pin but since it will retail at around $90.00 I can only imagine what the pin flippers will be asking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back