• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Marquee display, Part II...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok to make it easier for you: what are your top 5 favorites?

Hah... You're gonna make me answer this, aren't you? :) Alright, here's my thoughts:
Simply because I love the movie (in no particular order)-
Terabithia, Oliver, Tron, Lion King, Arrietty

Because I think the design is cool (again, in no particular order)-
Wall-E, Tangled, Tron, Toy Story 3, Bolt

(Although I could keep adding to each list... Man, it's so hard to do this! :lol: )

For some reason, I'm thinking if I could only keep one (and not considering trade or cash value), I'd keep Wall-E...

What about you?

It's funny, I was just thinking it's a shame that there's no Star Wars marquees... But now that Disney owns those, I wonder if that may happen some day...

Oh wow!! That's amazing!
Are you gonna buy a second shadowbox like this one as you get more, or splurge for a custom one??

I'll probably use the smaller shadowboxes I already have for a while, and then might splurge for the custom one. I'd like a 27x40 inch frame with a hinged front glass for easy access (current frame is 36x20 I think...). I've also considered the idea of actually building a small El Capitan Marquee (small in comparison to the actual theater, that is... 3-4 feet wide maybe?), and using the space where the title is to hold all the pins... But then I'd have to make it light up with twinkly bulbs and all... That's a lot of work. :p And might distract too much from the pins themselves...

Still, depending on the design, not something that's completely ruled out...

Another thing I hadn't thought of was the weight of these things... One or two doesn't seem to much, but when you try to pick up 100 of them, there's some definite poundage going on there. I'm almost afraid to hang this thing. Either it might pull the nails out of the wall (I think screws into a stud are in order here), or it might rip the hanging things out of the back of the frame... Anyone else have a single frame with this many pins in it? I think most of what I've seen is multiple little 18 inch or smaller frames... Fortunately the frame is thick enough that it can just stand by itself on a table. :)

What about you?

my favorites just because i like the movies (in no particular order)
Tron, Wall-E, Mary Poppins, Enchanted and The Avengers

My favorites based on design (in no particular order)

Tron, Cars, Beauty and the Beast (Blue background with Belle and the Beast), Jungle Book and Tangled

If i had to keep one (not considering trade, monetary or personal value) I'd have to keep Tangled, its my favorite of the whole set
Now that Disney owns Star Wars and Episode II and III are being released in 3D at the end of the year im hoping DSF will make marquees for them. Im also hoping that the Iron Man 3 marquee will have a character on it

I've also considered the idea of actually building a small El Capitan Marquee (small in comparison to the actual theater, that is... 3-4 feet wide maybe?), and using the space where the title is to hold all the pins... But then I'd have to make it light up with twinkly bulbs and all... That's a lot of work. :p And might distract too much from the pins themselves...

Sorry to interject, but that idea is amazing! It probably wouldn't fit on a shelf though so you could always make the box (paint the yellow instead of lighting it up) and then you could put it on a table, that would also look really nice :D

Wow your collection is amazing and it looks so good all together! I just found out about the Beloved Tales series and began collecting today with the Melody Time Jenny and Joe Kissing pin!!! It will be in my mailbox in about a week! So excited! Thanks for sharing!

Wow! They look fantastic all together, what a great collection!

The custom made marquee shadowbox idea sounds really cool. You could probably use a regular shadowbox and do the marquee as a frame around it with lightweight wood/moulding and attach it to the shadow box. My brothers really good at making all kinds of neat stuff like that, in fact, he did custom pieces for Amy Adams last year. :)

If you don't mind me asking what did you trade for the UP marquee(if you did trade for it)?

Yep, I started collecting these with Oliver and Company, so almost everyone after that I was able to buy when it was released.
Avengers, Brave and Tinkerbell Secret of the Wings I didn't get to the store fast enough for, so I just resorted to eBay for those at whatever price it was selling for the day it was released (wasn't going to wait, had to have them _now_. :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back