• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Marquee display, Part II...

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Marquee display, Part II...

rik1138

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Okay, time for an official unveiling! After several years of collecting these things, I've _finally_ managed to complete the collection! So a new display was in order... :p

I got the biggest shadow-box I could find (made for holding a sports jersey), and re-did the back of it with felt covered cork board and foam core so it's easier to insert the pins and move/remove them if necessary. (I actually priced a larger one being custom made, but that was a little more than I wanted to spend right now...) As it stands, every pin fits with room left over the next 8... I guess that's one of the drawbacks of collecting a series that seems like it will never end- your display solution is _never_ big enough for them all...

So, I present:
The complete Disney Soda Fountain Marquee Collection:
(98 movie-title pins, including Sky High)
MarqueesDisplay1.jpg

I added the marquee-looking 'non marquees' at the bottom since there was space, and centered Peter Pan just for the heck of it. :)
Here's how it looks sealed in the frame (just couldn't get a glare-free picture of it...):
MarqueesDisplay2.jpg

And for even more silliness, here's a picture of them all upside-down while I was spacing them out...
MarqueesDisplay3.jpg

I find myself asking 'Now what?'... And I'm thinking as an answer: 'All the Beloved Tales would cool right next to the marquees...'
Yes, it truly is a sickness that we have... :hsd:

Last edited:
Congrats rik! I had no idea how long you had been collecting them O__O I do see that Tangled Marquee pin...wow. Congrats and now, for the next few weeks until Mulan comes up, sit back and admire your 100% complete collection. Feels good

tumblr_lwnyszQBNH1qm6oc3o1_500.gif

Yeah, feels good haha xD

I really like how the back of all the Marquees look together, so colorful ^_^

Congrats rik! I had no idea how long you had been collecting them O__O I do see that Tangled Marquee pin...wow. Congrats and now, for the next few weeks until Mulan comes up, sit back and admire your 100% complete collection. Feels good

Yeah, got kind of a giddy feeling when I saw them all on display in one place... :)
I started with Oliver and Company at the store, so I guess Jan 2009 is how long I've been after them... Just barely over 4 years, almost hard to believe.

I really like how the back of all the Marquees look together, so colorful ^_^

Yeah, I kind of liked how that looks, so I figured I'd post it... Tron stands out for sure! :)

Rik

Congrats Rik. I kept telling myself "two more to go two more to go" while I looked at this. If you go home one day and your Terabithia and Game Plan marquees are missing it wasn't me I swear

Last edited:
Yeah, got kind of a giddy feeling when I saw them all on display in one place... :)
I started with Oliver and Company at the store, so I guess Jan 2009 is how long I've been after them... Just barely over 4 years, almost hard to believe.

Yeah, I kind of liked how that looks, so I figured I'd post it... Tron stands out for sure! :)

Rik

4 years isn't bad at all ^_^ and look on the bright side, you can keep collecting marquees, but since you live by DSF you don't have to fight through mobs and mobs and spend oodles of cash to get them lol If you end up attending the Mulan release for the marquee, I think you could make a whole bunch of people here happy who are after the Mulan pins (not myself, I only stick to Stitch or pins that are just so amazing they get special exceptions haha) if you don't want them.

Also, yeah...Tron...that blue metallic backing. Can you just split the pin in half and give me the backing lmao? I'll display just the backing permanently! I absolutely love that shade of blue, I also love the NBC with Jack and Sally, that really black backing looks really nice on the black background ^_^ Congrats and if they ever make a Lilo and Stitch marquee (I know I can't believe they haven't either) and you attend the release to get yourself one...since you can get 2 *cough*I-would-totally-love-the-second-one-if-you-wouldn't-mind-because-it-is-so-cool-yay-super-awesome-happy-fun-time-lol*cough* wow...I have a bad cough...I should go see a doctor <_<

Haha, yeah, definitely that Narnia one... Been scrounging forever for that one... Prior to that the one I had the most difficulty getting someone to sell or trade to me was the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus 3D pin... I think I figured trading for it would be easy since it's just a Hannah Montana pin.. :) It hardly ever came up on eBay, and I remember trying to offer everything for it through PinPics (Oliver, Pinocchio, the other Hannah movie, Snow White, NMBC...) No one would trade for it... I only got it about it year ago by just buying it off eBay.

Wall-E was the only other really challenging one, and up until Narnia was the most I had ever spent on a single pin...

There is a simple solution if you run out of room. Don't buy a new shadow box, just give your marquees to me:p!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back