• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Villain Calendar Discussion - December Release - Stabbington Bros/Mother Gothel

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Villain Calendar Discussion - December Release - Stabbington Bros/Mother Gothel
I am so excited about this! I actually posted about it on FB a few days ago as a joke, asking if people thought that's what the next calendar series would be! I am not happy about the hair issue on King Candy but its still a cool pin.

So, with the villain/sidekick theme... is it possible that maybe, just maybe there could be an Yzma calendar with Kronk on the front?! (Be still my pin collecting heart if that happens!)

I think it might be cat Yzma with her and kronk on the inside..simply because 8 don't think they'll use any humans on the front....but maybe they will....

They could also have Kronks squirrel!

LET Scar with hyenas be a thing please!!!!!

I think Gov Ratcliffe with Percy the pug on the front would be cool, if slightly less popular than other villains ha ha. Shan Yu with the falcon thing from Mulan would be cool too. I like the ones you never see haha!

Woo! I love that they're doing another monthly surprise release. Despite some of the quality issues, I loved how big and beautiful the princess calendars were.

DSF is off to a bad start in 2015.Who is in charge of quality control?Whoever makes the pins for DSF must of thought King Candys hair were his ears...HA HA HA...:lol:

Blergh, I was in Hollywood until 1 yesterday but didn't stop by DSF. This is my birth month, too. Ah well, probably would have wound up as a trader and I'm trying to be really good about pin purchases this year.

I'm hoping for Scar too, with the hyenas on front. They probably won't do it but a Prince John/Sir Hiss pin would be great as well.

Actual picture of the inside of the pin on the secondary market show the same error. :facepalm:

The question is, is the entire run this way? For recall with that Surprise Ariel from 2013, not all of the pins had the color error in her hair.

Definitely seems like every one I'm seeing has this hair error. Seems like a big enough error that they should have called it out long before they sold them.

I see what you are all talking about with the error now. I was half asleep last night/this morning so I didn't really pay much attention, but that is a bit disappointing. And indeed, a rather large error to miss.

Does anyone know if the other quality issues of the past seem alright with this one? I know there was some major glitter issues before (badly dispersed, etc.) and bad hinges and inside smudging mentioned before?

I wouldn't be surprise if it doesn't go by order but randomize of villains like last year with the princesses.
I mean everyone's predictions were waaaaaaay off with the exception of Ariel's & Anna & Elsa lol.
It would be so funny if it was Dr.Facilier next month or Queen of Hearts for July or even Maleficent for December.
But I am very exciting for this new series, the only one I should be worried about is a Jafar with Iago one :3

Hmm. Facilier could make sense for February b/c of Mardi Gras / New Orleans connection. And the Queen of Hearts liked to have people's heads chopped off, which is pretty much Bastille Day (July). Ha! So your theory has a chance of being correct! ;)

I wouldn't be surprise if it doesn't go by order but randomize of villains like last year with the princesses.
I mean everyone's predictions were waaaaaaay off with the exception of Ariel's & Anna & Elsa lol.
It would be so funny if it was Dr.Facilier next month or Queen of Hearts for July or even Maleficent for December.
But I am very exciting for this new series, the only one I should be worried about is a Jafar with Iago one :3

Hmm. Facilier could make sense for February b/c of Mardi Gras / New Orleans connection. And the Queen of Hearts liked to have people's heads chopped off, which is pretty much Bastille Day (July). Ha! So your theory has a chance of being correct! ;)

LOL I like the way you think! I would have never thought about that. I'd say if I'm right ... Somebody should get it for me! ahahahaha jk xD

I like the ideas you guys have for the pins featuring 2 characters each month, like last year's set.

Iago and Jafar would definitely be good, as well as the two eels and Ursula, the King and Queen of Hearts, Kaa and Shere Khan, Lucifer and Lady Tremaine, Percy and Ratcliffe, Diablo and Maleficent, etc.. I could go on and on but unfortunately there are only 12 months in a year, right?

;)

Nope, but it is only five days in. Last year several of the calendars were released within the last few days.

Does anyone know if the other quality issues of the past seem alright with this one? I know there was some major glitter issues before (badly dispersed, etc.) and bad hinges and inside smudging mentioned before?

I would love to know this too.

I'm hoping for a Prince John and Sir Hiss, myself. Kind of hope there's no Gaston and Lefou because sadly I'm on a break from Beauty & the Beast, lol.

edit: Actually the Sheriff of Nottingham with Trigger and Nutsy would be pretty great too and kind of different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back