• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF/DSSH DSSH Surprise Releases

DSF/DSSH DSSH Surprise Releases
Yes I managed to get in. Yes my whole purchase has already been claimed. Sorry I didn't think to open a 2nd window under my son's email to help more people out.

Just in case anyone in the future tries to give their queue position up like me and @Ajk tried earlier today be aware the person who is giving up their spot must provide their login credentials. The other person will need BOTH your email address and your password to make the purchase. By the time we realized this and I provided the info the queue number had expired :( they have definitely eliminated a lot of the ways but it does seem possible.

Reactions: Ajk
Just in case anyone in the future tries to give their queue position up like me and @Ajk tried earlier today be aware the person who is giving up their spot must provide their login credentials. The other person will need BOTH your email address and your password to make the purchase. By the time we realized this and I provided the info the queue number had expired :( they have definitely eliminated a lot of the ways but it does seem possible.
How do you go about doing that?

How do you go about doing that?
Toward the bottom of the page it gives you a link to your queue spot. I usually use it to get off Instagram and onto an actual web browser but I was able to PM that along to be used by someone else. To check out my login credentials were needed which wasn’t anticipated so I took too long to respond :(

I’m not sure the timing was an issue. The more I think about it, I’m wondering if they knew that the IP changed since there was something about “already used”.

In any case, THANK YOU @Rick195275 I appreciate the attempt. We were THIS close! Maybe. LOL

I’m not sure the timing was an issue. The more I think about it, I’m wondering if they knew that the IP changed since there was something about “already used”.

In any case, THANK YOU @Rick195275 I appreciate the attempt. We were THIS close! Maybe. LOL
I thought about that after too and think you might be right. I believe they tell you at the start of the check out process you have 20 minutes? or something around there to finish your purchase, I don’t think our process took more than about 10 by the time stamps.... but I want to believe it’s possible lol. Always happy to help out members on the boards... or at least try anyway.

Wish Soul would have featured them in their “soul” forms and was so hopeful for a Luca BT but it may be too recent. Luckily nothing I absolutely needed but a fun release! DSSH has kept the pin game going over the last year and a half.

Wish Soul would have featured them in their “soul” forms and was so hopeful for a Luca BT but it may be too recent. Luckily nothing I absolutely needed but a fun release! DSSH has kept the pin game going over the last year and a half.
Ack! I didn't even think about a Luca BT waiting in the wings! Now I am full of dread!!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Do you have to be a D23 gold member to get access to these online surprise pin releases?
No... just have to get to the link early enough. Links are posted on the Disney Studio Store Hollywood and Ghirardelli Soda Fountain Instagram and Facebook pages. Lately the links have been posted as surprises, but sometimes DSSH releases the link with some notice. There is no pattern to how they release (from what I can tell), except for they usually do 2 releases each month.

No... just have to get to the link early enough. Links are posted on the Disney Studio Store Hollywood and Ghirardelli Soda Fountain Instagram and Facebook pages. Lately the links have been posted as surprises, but sometimes DSSH releases the link with some notice. There is no pattern to how they release (from what I can tell), except for they usually do 2 releases each month.d
Thank you! Guess you just have to get lucky!

Don’t they do an NBC release pretty much every year? Maybe got tired of them?

Don’t they do an NBC release pretty much every year? Maybe got tired of them?
They usually do an NBC release and either a marquee or full pin release for Hocus Pocus because El Cap has yearly showings of both (just like how they usually do a yearly marquee release for Lady and the Tramp around Valentine's Day since they do a yearly showing of that as well). They did/are doing showings again this year (Hocus Pocus Oct 1-7 and NBC Oct 8-17) so it would seem likely to have pins released this year as well.

Ron's Gone Wrong CA-only release today at 10 a.m. Pacific.

yvILzVg.png

I was literally 40th in line and then it made me re sign in and then I got an error saying i don't have permission to access...what in the world?!?!?!?! I live in California and had to sign in to even get in the queue. I am so sad.

I was literally 40th in line and then it made me re sign in and then I got an error saying i don't have permission to access...what in the world?!?!?!?! I live in California and had to sign in to even get in the queue. I am so sad.
That stinks! :((

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

I got in and everything is available. Do you want me to snag for you or did you manage to get back in line? (Only extra cost would be me shipping to you)

I got in and everything is available. Do you want me to snag for you or did you manage to get back in line? (Only extra cost would be me shipping to you)
Thank you for offering you are so kind. I got back into the queue on my computer and even though I was 2000 something I was able to get in and get the pins I wanted...which i'm not sure how that works, I would have guessed everything to be sold out. I am not sure why it made me log in again on my phone but not on my computer. Have left a voicemail for the store and hopefully get a call back so I can get answers. Happy to get the pins tho...now let's hope I like the movie

Thank you for offering you are so kind. I got back into the queue on my computer and even though I was 2000 something I was able to get in and get the pins I wanted...which i'm not sure how that works, I would have guessed everything to be sold out. I am not sure why it made me log in again on my phone but not on my computer. Have left a voicemail for the store and hopefully get a call back so I can get answers. Happy to get the pins tho...now let's hope I like the movie

The numbers are always high but drop like flies with these CA releases. I think it’s because a lot of non-CA folks don’t realize it’s CA only until they’re in.

Also a lot of people do it because they want to see what’s inside the sale. A lot of times the flier only shows *some* pins for sale but the only way to see everything that’s for sale is by queuing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back