• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: Frozen DSF/DS.COM/DLRP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: Frozen DSF/DS.COM/DLRP
Is there such an expression? Lol that's news to me and it seems to be in bad taste.

Is there such an expression? Lol that's news to me and it seems to be in bad taste.

There is such an expression that goes like that but I do agree that using the phrase in that way is distasteful given we do not know how his mother is doing and I myself would never want someone to say something like that to me given my attachment with my mother.

I personally only use the expression in close context with close friends who would understand the severity of it in relation to my own father, but that is just me. Others use it more willy nilly!!
Still no winner announced...?

Makes sense...I'm wondering the same thing. How long do we have to keep our pins on hold? I'd like to know which I am able to offer for trade still. It's kind of frustrating...I doubt I won lol, but I still don't want to go ahead and trade anything without someone being acknowledged the winner yet.

Makes sense...I'm wondering the same thing. How long do we have to keep our pins on hold? I'd like to know which I am able to offer for trade still. It's kind of frustrating...I doubt I won lol, but I still don't want to go ahead and trade anything without someone being acknowledged the winner yet.

To answer your question the OP has 24 hours from auction closing to post the winner. If the winner is not posted after 24 hours then I probably wouldn't hold the bidded pins anymore.

sorry for the delay. I'm been slammed with finals. Thanks for everyone's respect.
after long talk with jack, we chose f_gis. You can pick up my mothers grave at 1 Lincoln Blvd. in SF. Thank you so much for this bid. I can't wait to get it!! To everyone else, my second set is still for trade!
Nick and Jack

sorry for the delay. I'm been slammed with finals. Thanks for everyone's respect.
after long talk with jack, we chose f_gis. You can pick up my mothers grave at 1 Lincoln Blvd. in SF. Thank you so much for this bid. I can't wait to get it!! To everyone else, my second set is still for trade!
Nick and Jack

Now how about you pick a bid that actually took your auction seriously, as you stated in your initial post?

I'm not disappointed. I really wanted the pins I bid on, but at the same time, I think that some people have been completely obnoxious and downright rude throughout this auction. We can all see that this person has negative feedback, but that doesn't give anyone the right to be horrible. So yeah, despite my disappointment, I think the guy has a right to just call this auction off. Just another example of a pathetic few ruining it for the polite majority.

For me, I really wanted to clear up the whole mrtaco thing. Thanks Rachel for clearing that up. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. I hope I didn't come off that way. Just curious :/

I'm hoping that he didn't think I was being rude :/ I sincerely found that comment about his mother's gravestone to be just as disgusting as most of you; expression or not, f_gis should have been warned with that comment because it was clearly meant in bad taste. Anyone can see that.

I don't think it was inappropriate, for those of us who asked him to ship his trades first. His feedback is worrisome and a lot of us were bidding high-value pins and most of us have 100% feedback. Didn't think there was any harm in asking clarification on that; so I'm hoping that wasn't what turned him off.

To be honest though, this auction wasn't boding well when pictures were asked and leaderboard updates were being requested and nothing was being posted. That tells me he had 1 set, not 2, and he didn't intend on following through with the auction from the very beginning.

While I understand his frustration and anger, those of us who genuinely participated, are equally as frustrated and upset. I didn't expect to win... But yea that disrespectful banter from f_gis needs to be addressed. If anything, it's his/her fault that this auction isn't happen. They should be just as responsible as StitchinWonderland.

Now how about you pick a bid that actually took your auction seriously, as you stated in your initial post?

With all due respect, I am not sure if he should be expected to pick a winner and go through with the trade.

I was a bit skeptical and confused at first (but Rachel cleared that). However, all the negative comments made in this auction post might have deterred many people (including myself) from placing legitimate bids. I do not believe this auction got a fair chance and fair bids.

Maybe it would be better to close this post and ask StitchinWonderland to start a new one with 3 conditions:

1. Posting a picture of both sets
2. Willing to trade via one of the mods
3. Updating the leaderboard in a more regular fashion

This way, people who realy want these pins might get a shot at them. Just my 2 cents, I hope that I do not offend anyone with my opinions.

If I remember rightly the last time this member held an auction they refused to honour it and then posted thread after thread of swearing and insults that had to be deleted. (im pretty sure but apologies if my brain got muddled). So I think everyone expected a not so stellar reaction to another large stakes auction. No that doesnt give people the right to be rude.

I think it was poor taste to begin with to swear on his mothers grave I personally hate the saying but there you go, therefore I took F_gis comment to be black humour basically saying your not going to go through with the auction.

However I do believe that if this auction does not go through it is the OP's responsibility and no one else's, rules are rules you choose a winner. Did any of that make sense or am i being an idiot?

Actually now that you've explained AgentofAnarchy, I retract my comment about f_gis being responsible. I am unaware of the prior auction history for them. If that's true, than it's pretty messed up. The phrase is pretty mean though too and I'm kinda glad I didn't know it lol.

I agree with Merryweather, in part, because that is kind of the risk you take in posting a Trade Auction or participating in one. Their feedback alone was what worried me, so I asked a shipping question, but my concern was sincere (I'm speaking for myself though).

The problem I can see is if they give him a "second chance" auction is what's to stop everyone else from asking for the same with other auctions? At this point, I think it might be best for them to step away from the forum for a bit to collect themselves. They're probably really upset with some of the comments and how the auction turned out...as many of us are disappointed. It's out of our hands now :sad:

This member has a long history of similar things as this. Which is why I kept mention his history and the reason why I kept asking him to clarify. Not surprised at all. :( You will never see me interject myself like I did unless there are possible issues.

The OP said that he would follow through with the auction, and he has 24 hours from the auction's close to post a winner. Please give him the opportunity to do so.

Requests that he ship first, and concerns about his having an identical set up for sale, were understandable and relevant to the auction, but further discussion about his past history is not helpful at this stage.

I'm hoping that he didn't think I was being rude :/ I sincerely found that comment about his mother's gravestone to be just as disgusting as most of you; expression or not, f_gis should have been warned with that comment because it was clearly meant in bad taste. Anyone can see that.

I don't think it was inappropriate, for those of us who asked him to ship his trades first. His feedback is worrisome and a lot of us were bidding high-value pins and most of us have 100% feedback. Didn't think there was any harm in asking clarification on that; so I'm hoping that wasn't what turned him off.

To be honest though, this auction wasn't boding well when pictures were asked and leaderboard updates were being requested and nothing was being posted. That tells me he had 1 set, not 2, and he didn't intend on following through with the auction from the very beginning.

While I understand his frustration and anger, those of us who genuinely participated, are equally as frustrated and upset. I didn't expect to win... But yea that disrespectful banter from f_gis needs to be addressed. If anything, it's his/her fault that this auction isn't happen. They should be just as responsible as StitchinWonderland.

I do not know the history behind all of this but I do agree the comment was in bad taste. Even if you are bitter, for some reason, two wrongs don't make a right!

A comment, be it offensive or not, should not determine the outcome of an auction when legitimate bids have been placed. Time to stop focusing on that, and focusing on the outcome of the auction. By 5pm est, 8pm pst, the winning bid must be announced. If not, then the auctioneer has gone against the rules of the forum. Let's focus on the rules of this messy auction (not due to comments, but because of its format), and figure out the outcome.

The auctioneer still has time to close this auction legitimately. For this reason I am not going to comment on that portion of it. As of now they have not broken any rules in this auction.

A comment, be it offensive or not, should not determine the outcome of an auction when legitimate bids have been placed. Time to stop focusing on that, and focusing on the outcome of the auction. By 5pm est, 8pm pst, the winning bid must be announced. If not, then the auctioneer has gone against the rules of the forum. Let's focus on the rules of this messy auction (not due to comments, but because of its format), and figure out the outcome.

Just to clarify, I think the mods said he has 24 hours from the auctions end to post a winner; that would be 8PM (EST) and 11 PM (PST) tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back