• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Holy Hot Fudge Sundae - AMAZING BIRTHDAY ZAP!

ZAPPED! Holy Hot Fudge Sundae - AMAZING BIRTHDAY ZAP!

disneycrazee

I just got pixelexia, ok?
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Oh that sneaky TheOtherSteve...

So at DSF today (errr...actually last night lol), he handed me a very appropriate birthday card along with other amazing goodies: 2 Oz gift cards that he ordered from Canada...since we don't have awesome gift cards like that here in the states :hsd: and 5 PotC reveal/conceal pins!

How awesome is that, right??? I've been obsessed with Oz lately, so the gift cards are PERFECT for my collection! I LOVE the PotC pins...when they came out, I couldn't afford to buy a ton of boxes, even though I wanted them all, and BAM! Just like that, Steve helps me knock out a few like nothin'. And that bday card!!! ahhhh Wouldn't you agree? Appropriate, yes??
BUT HE TOLD ME THE OTHER PART OF MY GIFT IS NOT HERE YET...
AND THIS IS WHAT'S COMING:

:shock::shock::shockmgomgomgomg!!!!!:shock::shock::shock: This is the Mondo WiR poster, released the night of the Academy Awards, LE430. For those unfamiliar with Mondo, they create high quality artistic limited edition posters that almost always sell out within MINUTES of going on sale. This was a "surprise" release - they revealed it after the animated feature award was announced. I was crushed when WiR failed to win the Oscar...but I think I was even more crushed when I went on the Mondo website that night and saw this on there...and it was of course SOLD OUT.

Ummm...I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone how much I love Wreck-It Ralph :lol:, but I also LOVE LOVE LOVE art prints and posters, which makes this a true gem. Needless to say, I'm definitely going to be framing this beauty.

Thank you SOOOO much Steve!!! I know I've said it before, but I truly am blessed to have friends like you! This is the best bday gift ever! :hug:

WOW!!!! That poster is so cool! I've never even seen it up to now and boy I would love to buy one since they are up on Ebay but my room just can't take anything that isn't KH :facepalm: Congrats Kristen, we all know how much you enjoy some good wrecking haha xD BTW, I'm catching up to you on the viewings...I'm currently at 18...only 6 behind instead of 8!!!! WAIT AND WEEP!!! lmao

Thanks! AND...I accept the challenge!!!!!! muahahahahahaha

Ah! Why didn't I own a house sooner! When I grow up this is the EXACT type of poster I'd like to decorate my walls with. It's really subtle and nice and I love posters like this I just looked through their archive and they make some really nice stuff...of course, stuff that is impossible to find nowadays O_O

Yep. I love so many of their posters, but they are so hard to obtain. They'll announce a release date, but never a time. They just tweet when they go on sale. I've only managed to get one poster directly from them (it was the storybook Snow White one for Once Upon a Time), and it was because I had the day off and kept refreshing the page. Lol

They are very nice posters. I'm very happy that this WiR one will never be as pricey as some of those Star Wars ones...woah! Over $1000 for one of those babies, no thank you (same goes for the Batmand and Avengers ones which are nice too) <_< I also ADORE their Battle Royale poster! GASP! That one is another one I'll pay top dollar for along with WiR once I get a job and want to fill my house with art (I love thinking about what my house will look like, I really want my house to represent animation through the ages, whether it be cartoons, CGI, video game models, or stop motion, I think animation items are so cool) and I love how the Battle Royale one is reminiscent of the artwork from Scot Pilgrim, which was a teen comic so I love how it sort of combines the 2. They also have a My Neighbor Totoro one and thank heavens I'm not a Totoro fan or I'd be going nuts haha xD

Happy Birthday and big time congrats on your very cool gifts!! All terrific stuff!!! Wishing you a whole year full of wonderful, magical, awe-inspiring things!!

Thanks everyone!!!

I actually tried to get the Totoro poster for my sister, who is a big Miyazaki fan, but I wasn't fast enough! Argh

Milk my duds!!! It's your BIRTHDAY??!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

:hug:

And Steve, once again you are amazing!
You. Are. Awesome. I have never seen that Vanellope gif!!! omg!!!

Woah I just looked up the Totoro poster and boy does it go for a hefty price xP Let's hope you get it one day ^_^ If they made one for Princess Mononoke, I'd love that one too. Ah! Look what you've done Kristen lol Now I'm checking Mondo too! I can't afford all this stuff lmao xD

They DO have one for Princess Mononoke!!! (Plus its variant.) Uh oh...You're in trouble now!!

They DO have one for Princess Mononoke!!! (Plus its variant.) Uh oh...You're in trouble now!!

Crap -__- The price of that poster goes for over $200 also...oh no...and even worse, the Totoro and Mononoke ones make such a nice set -___- When I grow up and get my house...they're going down <_< Now this brings the total to 4 (Princess Mononoke, Totoro, WiR, Battle Royale) and so help me if they make Castle in the Sky, Little Mermaid, and Stitch, they pretty much hit every one of my favorite animated films...Ponyo would also be awesome a la Little Mermaid one haha xD

And after you get all of these posters (including the ones not yet made ), I'm visiting youuuu and the pretty posters! :lol: