• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF/DSSH LIVE From DSF...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome !! Up BT showed up at $190 with a BIN of $250 and also at $225 BIN/OBO.

I can understand people wanting to pay for their food, parking charges, and pins they buy for themselves. But $250 is a weekend get-away with a SPA facial :rofl:

Ok, maybe not, but you got the idea.

Last edited:

I can understand people wanting to pay for their food, parking tix, and pins they buy for themselves. But $250 is a weekend get-away with a SPA facial :rofl:

Thats just gross. But someone WILL pay it, Im sure. Just not me.

I can understand people wanting to pay for their food, parking charges, and pins they buy for themselves. But $250 is a weekend get-away with a SPA facial :rofl:

Wow, there's some greedy people out there! I'll skip the spa facial and go on eBay and buy a lot of Haunted Mansion stuff!

I'm glad I dont collect up!... It would make a killer trader though, but definetly not for $250... Screw this I'm going to the spa and give you updates on that facial...lol

This gives me an idea .... Maybe we should arrange for a DPF SPA facial weekend. And to keep up with the theme, we'll distribute wristbands ;)

All I know is that, although some may be there to re-sell what they buy, there are a nnumber that are not.

Just putting it out there that Steve, theothersteve, is someone you can trust not to re-Sell and take advantage of anyone!

He'll go and somewhere down the line he'll end up gifting someone! He's crazy cool like that!

Nope not saying it cause I want any of thes pins. Actually I dont. Lolol not even sure what they are. Lolol

Just making sure people know that there are extremely generous people out there!!!!

Have fun peeps and stay off Ebay! Lol

Vicki

i went to a garage sale today and got a ton a OE pins for under $2 a pop,,,i know its off topic but felt some prospective on the fun of a find on wonderful pins by wonderful traders (bltboys) was needed. TBH i have a tough time pAYing the normal price for DSF nevermind the insulting resale price on ebay.

For those that went to this event, is it true that they gave you guys wristbands and told you to go home and come back at 6AM?

Wow! That's great! I hope they continue doing that. It will give us all, that don't want to sleep on the street, a chance at the pins.

Wow! That's great! I hope they continue doing that. It will give us all, that don't want to sleep on the street, a chance at the pins.
Not to mention the excuse for wanting to charge or over trade an $11 pin for hundreds of dollars because they camped out over two days.
I know some releases are hard and that in my opinion drives prices a little up for those that live far away. What I do understand is that if you are only allowed to get two pins, and you get pins for other people you are giving up a pin that you could use to trade or to keep. So I understand paying more, heck I'll pay even double the retail in some cases.

karkura said:

I don't think they will. I think it was experimental. I would say 80% of people stayed anyway.

In my opinion, but I have only attended two of these now... I feel the Brave was much better... To me it is like an E-Bay Auction... If I am willing to bid 18 hours of my time and someone else is willing to bid 27... then they win and should deserve a wristband... I only have to be within the top 150 people willing to bid or give up the most time for it... Now if they want to eliminate to sleepovers as their main goal... They should do it kinda like the raffle... 1 ticket or wristband per person in attendance, then draw 150 numbers for those who get to purchase... so then it does not matter if you are there 35 hours early or 15 minutes before the doors close... Yeah thats right, the doors close when the line is inside the theater... If you are late you wait outside to see the leftovers... Set a time... Saturday when DSF opens... Doors close 2 hours later and start drawing numbers... Just my thought tho... Will I do it again... Yeah of course I will... My DPF family is there... It's not just about getting the pins... It's the friendships we develop and the time watching the kids play together and those types of things that make an event like so much fun and worth going to... See you guys at the next one...

Bad, bad idea....brave was much better!

I thought it would trigger a mad rush from the unofficial line to the official line and create oodles of drama, like it apparently did for one of the previous releases where they tried the no line up thing.

While I understand their intent to not have people camp out for over 24 hours, I think they need to mull over some other ideas that nullify the more aggressive folks out there.

I would consider something along the lines of a specified time where you could pick up a randomly numbered wristband. At the time a random wristband is picked up, they also take down names and match them with numbers on the wristbands. This would allow for a record of who has picked up a wristband, so that cheaters couldn't go back and get a lower numbered wristband.

Once all wristbands have been distributed, you may only return to line up in the order of your numbered wrist band at Midnight on the release day. They may choose to perform periodic wristband checks at specified intervals, to make sure people are showing up or haven't cheated by creating their own wristband (this where the names for wristbands must match the DSF wristband distribution sheet).

The final show up or lose your spot wristband check could be a couple of hours prior to entry. No-shows are noted and the holes are filled with wristbands from the standby line.

This would possibly lessen the craziness and only require an overnight stay if you are into that sort of thing, but from only a designated time until opening. Otherwise, you are free to skip the whole thing and show up for only the final wristband check.

I'm sure there are inherent flaws in this plan too, namely the line for the initial wristband distribution, but if the main goal is to lessen the overnight camping this could be an idea to try. Maybe someone else would have an idea for the wristband distribution?

I think they should just do it like Disneyland does sometimes, the email lottery. To me it seems to work best and I think its fair. We wouldn't have people fighting in lines as to who got here first and people lining up early.

I think they should just do it like Disneyland does sometimes, the email lottery. To me it seems to work best and I think its fair. We wouldn't have people fighting in lines as to who got here first and people lining up early.

I was thinking the same, but DSF releases are way too often in comparsion to DLR events.

I thought it would trigger a mad rush from the unofficial line to the official line and create oodles of drama, like it apparently did for one of the previous releases where they tried the no line up thing.

While I understand their intent to not have people camp out for over 24 hours, I think they need to mull over some other ideas that nullify the more aggressive folks out there.

I would consider something along the lines of a specified time where you could pick up a randomly numbered wristband. At the time a random wristband is picked up, they also take down names and match them with numbers on the wristbands. This would allow for a record of who has picked up a wristband, so that cheaters couldn't go back and get a lower numbered wristband.

Once all wristbands have been distributed, you may only return to line up in the order of your numbered wrist band at Midnight on the release day. They may choose to perform periodic wristband checks at specified intervals, to make sure people are showing up or haven't cheated by creating their own wristband (this where the names for wristbands must match the DSF wristband distribution sheet).

The final show up or lose your spot wristband check could be a couple of hours prior to entry. No-shows are noted and the holes are filled with wristbands from the standby line.

This would possibly lessen the craziness and only require an overnight stay if you are into that sort of thing, but from only a designated time until opening. Otherwise, you are free to skip the whole thing and show up for only the final wristband check.

I'm sure there are inherent flaws in this plan too, namely the line for the initial wristband distribution, but if the main goal is to lessen the overnight camping this could be an idea to try. Maybe someone else would have an idea for the wristband distribution?

That is how the Cubs did it for ticket sales. I don't know if they still do, but they did it in the past. A couple of days before the sale you could go down and get a wrist band which you weren't allowed to remove until the ticket purchase. Then, at like 6 a.m. the day of they would announce on the radio what number they would be starting at and if you were close that was your queue to get down there.

Doesn't help anyone that does not live near DSF though. Our bloody carcasses will still be pecked at.

Last edited:
Met some new dsf faces! Amy schweppe, rumtigger, johnny58...yay!

PS, if there is enough interest around next big release we've been talking about making REAL versions of the shirt. Screen printed. Ooooohhhhhh! Ha! Mine gets to be the AP though ;)

This is not the main goal. The main goal is for the lineup of 150 people in the alley to not be during business hours because it interferes with the theater operations as well as the operations of the other businesses around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back