• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Merlin's Collection: IT CONTINUES!!! Updated 6/11/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merlin's Collection: IT CONTINUES!!! Updated 6/11/13

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
Hey there! :3

Well, it has been quite a long time since I posted a fully updated picture of my collection! And despite my silence lately, it's certainly grown! :3 So, without further ado, let's show off! :D

Sword in the Stone Collection:

This baby is my pride and joy! Ah! I got the case from a huge lot of pins I bought and it's been absolutely perfect! I couldn't ask for a better case! :3 I love it so! I'm so happy with these guys. I teach literature, and Arthurian is my absolute favorite, specifically Merlin. I've always has a major fascination with him and he'll likely be the subject of my doctoral thesis starting (hopefully) this Fall!

Some close ups on these guys. The sword and stone in the bottom right might be one of my favorites. :3 Or maybe Merlin with the book. :3

But my absolute favorite is the Valentine one with the squirrels in the center right. :D Gosh, I was so excited to get that one! :3 Other favorites include Arthur pulling the sword (top center) and the Ears of Excellence to its left. :3

The Merlin Shield (bottom row, second from the left) was my first pin EVER. I got it in 2009 when I went to Disney for my Undergrad Graduation. I spotted it out of the corner of my eye and nearly tackled that poor cast member. "EXCUSE ME!!! WHERE CAN I BUY THIS!?" "Oh, you have to trade it. "HOW? TAKE MY MONEY!" "Just buy a pi--" *woosh, back with some random pin* "HERE! IS THIS WORTHY!?" "Um....yes... o_O?" That poor little old lady. XD The one that started it all. XD But I didn't really get into pin trading until this past trip in December.

I've also been lucky enough to score TWO SitS PoDMs. :3 One with Merlin as a Rabbit and another with him as a Caterpillar. I'm (of course) searching for one of him as a human and would be happy to include one (or maaaaybe both) of these in a trade to procure that. So please let me know. :3

Aladdin and Personal Favorite Collection Board:

So, without me really realizing it, I started an Aladdin collection! Hahah! I focus mainly on the Magic Carpet Ride, but dabble in the other aspects of the film as well. :3

I am SUPER proud of this Magic Carpet Ride collection! It has come leaps and bounds since I started it in February! I've pretty much gotten down to the super hard ones to get (DA and BT), but I'm very happy with how it's going so far!

One of my favorites is Prince Ali on the Carpet with the Scarab dangle (bottom center), but it's a tie for my absolute favorite between the Balcony scene slider (far left, center), and the UK Store "Do You Trust Me" scene (second row, just left of center). I love them so much! :D

Then comes the catch-all Jasmine and Aladdin pins. Hahah! Just a motley crew here!

And while he's not a major focus, I've managed to pick up several Genie pins along the way. One of my all time favorite pins (and one of my first) is the Lamp (bottom right). Soooo pretty!

It's just not an Aladdin collection without Jafar. ;P One of my favorites is the Scarab Slider (top pin) as well as the Being Bad pin (second from left, bottom row). That one's sexy! Hahah!

I'm also lucky enough to count among my ranks an ADORABLE Aladdin PoDM! That's one of my favorite scenes! :3 but my all-time grail would be one featuring the Magic Carpet Ride! Let me know if you have one and if we can work something out! :3

This is just a little splattering of some of my favorite pins and characters. :)

The Ludwig von Drake Graduation pin is kind of a commemorative pin for me. My first major trip to Disney was for my Undergrad Graduation, then when I got to go again (with MaryScribbles), it was shortly after my Masters Graduation. And when I get to go again, it will be right after Mary's Masters Graduation, so graduation and Disney go hand in hand with me. :3

The No Standing pin (middle, far left) has a funny story to it as well. I got this pin in a trade because it was just SOOO random. My friend and I tried SO HARD to figure out what it was. Or favorite theory was "No Dancing on the Couch." That name has stuck (although we know it's "No Standing on the Ride"), so it's got some comical backstory. :3

Just got some random guys over here. Darkwing Duck is my all-time favorite cartoon, so he's ~got~ to be here. And I about wet myself when I saw Kingdom Hearts Mickey in the store! (I have a tendency to overreact when I'm caught off guard with excitement). The Dragon Mickey Head was my second pin ever. I bought it because I absolutely adore dragons and, frankly, it's a pretty bad *** pin. XD

Scrooge McDuck has always been one of my all-time favorite characters in the Disney universe, so I'm building a tiny little collection of him. :3 That Scrooge McDuck on the right was the first pin I ever traded with a non-cast member! I love Scrooge (that Top Hat thing again), so I think he's always gonna stay with me. :3

Robin Hood is another one of my childhood favorites, so I'm slowly building up a side collection for them as well. I have two more on the way, so that will round that out nicely. :D

Side Collections Board:

Here you can find some of my more defined side collections, namely Villains and Pin-Tiquities

This set has really just popped in and out, but I'm absolutely in love with it! I have a major love for the kind of "meta" style of pins, such as when Disney "invades" real life, or Characters dressed as Characters.

The Vitruvian Mouse (THE HUGE ONE) was my first in this set and I was absolutely guffawed by how big it was! o.o!!! A close second would be Donald carving Chernabog, as it is based on the Le Pensur gargoyle at Notre Dame (which I've seen personally).

Got some lovely Ursula (a constant point of bicker between me and MaryScribbles), my small Hercules collection, some Mulan, and the ever-overlooked Great Mouse Detective! I have some gems in these collections that just make me smile, like the Hades No-Smoking Sign and Ratigan in his Royal Garb. :D

No good villain collection is complete without the Mistress of all Evil! :D This lady is such a bad ***! Hahah! Maleficent is perhaps my favorite villain, or at least the one I respect the most. (I mean, honestly, she curses a whole kingdom because she doesn't get invited to a party...bad ***.)

Scar is the villain I identify with most (I mean, come on, rather gay lion based off of Shakespeare? Perfect.), so I'd really like to start a good Scar collection. :3 Of course, that often comes with the by-product of other Lion King pins. And one of my all time favorite pins is the "I'm Surrounded By Idiots" pin which MaryScribbles got for me early on! :D

Then there's my Knights, a collection I would like to expand, and my random Donald Collection. Out of the "Disney Family", Donald is my favorite. It probably has something to do with Kingdom Hearts, but I just love him. XD

Random Sets and Other Pins:

And this is the great dumping ground of completed sets and random other pins I rather like. :3

I'm particularly fond of my Disney Afternoon collection! :D I love those logos; they bring me such joy. :3 And my HM Zodiac! I think a few of them are scrappers, but who's counting, right? XD

I'm quite pleased with this little set! It sort of started as an accident and then became an obsessive "gotta catch 'em all" race to the finish. XD But I rather like them. Maybe one day I'll get all of the zodiac pins!!! :D Oh, excuse me, I have to go resuscitate my wallet. It just had a heart attack.

I love my carousel set! :D Nearly this whole collection was zapped to me by Rasputin not too long after I joined and I can still never say thank you enough for it! ^0^

Ah, yes, my villain Hidden Mickey collections! I'm quite pleased with them. :3 Only a few scrappers in the bunch, but what can you do? I'd like to get the Magic Mirror set as well at some point! :3

Here's just a hodge-podge of things. Pins I've picked up here and there. No real rhyme or reason. I'm rather fond of the Countdown pins, but that's a very slow-going collection. Nothing I'm actively going for presently. /nod

Well! that's all I've got for ya folks! :D Keep an eye out for more updates! I actually JUST got two more Sword in the Stone pins WHILE I was typing this post! Hahah! Get to update that soon! XD Thanks for reading and looking!

~Merlin

Last edited:
Awesome collection! I love the story behind your No Standing pin- I think the first time I saw those signs (they also had one of "good behavior" on the attraction it was on) the CM explained them as "You can hold hands, but you can't dance out the windows."

Awesome collection and your "how I got the Merlin Hidden Mickey" pin story is hilarious! Hope you get some more soon :)

Wow! Awesome collection! And I loved reading the stories behind a bunch of your pins! Especially the Figment story! Now I'm thinking I might do something fun like that with my sister when we go to WDW in June! =D

I absolutely love your Merlin collection! I have the same Arthur-pulling-the-sword-from-the-stone pin!!!!! I loved your story about your missionary (I'm Mormon, so I get that). The figment trading idea is great! I think I will do that (with a twist- maybe different character?) when I go to Disneyland next week! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Thank you all for reading and commenting! :3 I'm glad you're enjoying it. Hahah! And please, shamelessly steal the Always-Trade-A-Figment pin idea with any character!! Next time I'm going to track which Figments I get and at what time. XD

~Merlin

The Figment game is SO fun, but there's always a moment when you HAVE to trade for a Figment you don't like, you know? There's the collective sigh and then, "Whose turn is it again?" Still, it makes for good memories (and in a bind Figment CAN be traded for a much wanted pin. He got us some good stuff a couple of times!).

I too am saddened by scrappers. I found out that most of my alphabet set are fake, and, considering they were one of my first--and most ambitious--sets, it makes me sad. Really sad. Still, I think that my love of the pins is mostly sentimental. I'm trying to start a legit collection, but I will hang onto my sentimental scrappers. And let's admit it, the cross-eyed Evil Queen (in the alphabet set) is pretty hilarious.

BEAUTIFUL collection!

I've never seen that Storybook pin... It really is lovely. So lovely... I think it needs to be added to my wants list! :lol:

I hope you keep updating this thread every time you get more... I really love seeing all your Sword in the Stone pins.

BEAUTIFUL collection!

I've never seen that Storybook pin... It really is lovely. So lovely... I think it needs to be added to my wants list! :lol:

I hope you keep updating this thread every time you get more... I really love seeing all your Sword in the Stone pins.

It really is lovely in person. Like, pictures just can't do it justice. And while the pin is awesome, the card really does make it. /nod

And of course! :D I've actually got two more SitS pins coming in the mail! ^0^ The collection is ~ever~ growing! Hahah! I'll probably update it about 2-3 times a month. Whenever the SitS collection grows in any noticeable way. :3 Thanks for checking it out! ^0^

~Merlin

My niece and I have that same no standing pin... Because everytime we are in line for a Disney ride, one of us points to the sign and says "Remember, no bad dancing" :lol:

Whenever we see it on the rides, we always slyly mime it to each other. XD It's just too funny. XD

~Merlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back