• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS
Pascal stands there all alone, with no one to talk to as Mike has vanished as well. So Pascal decides a tub of icecream would make him feel better "i hope they do chocholate cricket icream"

Pascal wonders what icecream Mike would like maybe a scream sunday with an eyeball(bubblegum) in the bottom. Pascal remembers the screwball icecreams when he was a baby.

*Chessie rolls his eyes as King Louie breaks into song over his ice cream sundae after coming to ... especially after telling them that the phone call concerned another dead body found at Kali River Rapids.*

Chessie: 'Are you sure that you aren't experiencing premature brain freeze if you think that we don't have to get there quickly? How can you be so sure that the body or evidence won't be going anywhere from in here ... ?'

*Chessie sets down his cup of tea and looks pointedly at the other detectives, wondering who is ready to check out that next crime scene.*

Eeyore is also glad that it wasn't what he was dreading under that lid of King Louie's. He starts heading towards Kali River Rapids with Aurora and is nervously wondering just who's body it is that they're going to find there. Could it be that Simba's killer has struck again? Or perhaps this is just another unfortunate accident where someone met his untimely demise?

Pluto is proud that he and Tink are the first on the scene. He quickly starts to search around the area for the body hoping to maybe turn up some clues somewhere as well. He looks back at Tink thinking that maybe she could fly up and get a better look at the area and see if she can see anything from up there.

*Swinging through the trees and just a bit heavier, Chief Louie spots something in the rapids. Whatever it is seems to be rolling over and over stuck at the bottom of a rapid flow between two elephants. Louie takes apicture and forwards it to all detectives with a text.*

MEET ME ON THE BANK OF THE RAPIDS NEAR THIS ELEPHANT STATUE
kali.jpg

Last edited:
Archimedes gets a picture text from the Chief and flies a little faster over to the rapids. As he gets there, he sees tumbling red, blue and yellow swallowed in the river's rapids. Also, many forest animals seem to be gathered on the banks. As the owl settles in a branch, he hopes that someone a bit larger will come by to pull out the body, and Aurora might be able to take care of these animals.

Pluto getting the Chiefs message quickly makes his way to where the he wants them to meet. He sure hopes the others show up soon so that they can figure this all out. This could be the big one that breaks the case wide open.

*Chessie's phone rings, indicating a text message. He checks it and sees the photo message from King Louie. He quickly disappears and reappears at the requested spot, staring down at the water in what he hopes is hidden distaste. He knows that someone will have to retrieve the corpse, but he hopes that it isn't him ... he really doesn't want to have to get wet.*

OOC: As a point of information, Wall-e, what does the message in the bubble in the photo say? I can't quite make it out on my screen, sorry.

After hearing the the news of another body from Louie, Basil runs back to retrieve his bag and head out. When he turns back to everyone, he notices that Tink and Pluto have already dashed off. He calls out to another for a ride, "Eeyore! My good fellow. Can I hitch a ride with you over to the next scene?"

Tink remembers basil and quickly flies over to get him and brings him to the scene with some pixie dust. they look down at the body in the water. it seems to be someone they know.... the bubble says who is going to take care of the dwarfs? Tink gasps as she reads it! tink cant go in there she is way too small to go it or she could meet the same fate!

OOC*The Bubble says Who is going to take are of the Dwarves? Info has been sent out and I will post again soon. Hoping a few more detectives will join us--worried some have lost interest. Point of interest a clue and note and trivia are coming within this day.

Aurora and Eeyore were already on the scene when they recieved King Louies text. They rush over to the Elephant statue and something catches Aurora's eye. She bends down to pick it up. She says "Eeyore, I think you lost this" She holds up his tail and begins to re-attach it for him. Darn for a minute there she thought she had found a clue. Aurora thinks about jumping in to retrieve the body. But decided since there could be some sort of device or even creature in there to blame she will wait for further instruction before doing so. She does not want to meet the same fate as Snow White. Aurora does decide to talk to the nearby forrest creatures to see if any of them saw what happened and find out what they do know about this.

*Chief Louie sees that no one is taking the initiative to jump into the rapids and pull poor Snow White's poor body out of the rapids, so he picks up his DFiPhone and places a call.*

"Hello...Yes..Maintenance.. I need to cut off the river flow in Kaliriver rapids. What do you mean who is this? I'm King Louie and I have top clearance in this kingdom. .....Ok I will forgive and forget this time just get that water shut off."

**Within a few minutes the water speed slows down and the water level begins to drop.*

OOC*Snow White's was drawn from the hat because of the last post count period. The next low post count period will begin here. However as mentioned in the rules--this period will be a GROUP POST COUNT. As a group you will need 30 in the next 48 hours. If that nmber isn't met --Everyone's name will be put in the hat. That averages to 3 each. If everyone works together then everyone will be safe.

Last edited:
After being pulled from the river by Chief King Louie, Snow White appears to the detectives. "I was on my way to join all of you when suddenly I noticed a PIECE OF BLACK FABRIC on the bridge crossing the Kali River. I bent down to take a look at the fabric when suddenly someone pushes me from behind and throws me into the river rapids! I don't know how to swim so I drowned twirling and twirling in the rapids!!" Ghost Snow White tries not to cry. "I hope you all catch the murderer very soon! I will do my best to help as a ghost.", she says and then disappears.

Last edited:
As Abu's eyes once again have adjusted to the change in light he looks around and still can not seem to find Snow White. Seeing Carpet resting in a corner, Abu goes over to see if Carpet noticed which way Snow wandered off in. Carpet shrugs so Abu pulls out his iPhone to check for any messages. Abu giggles a little when he sees that he had the phone turned off for some reason but then starts getting sniffly when he sees a picture of the rapids and hears a text message. Abu hops on carpet and they head for the designated area.

Tink is relieved to see that king louie has had the water shut off and the water level begin to lower. It just was not safe for her to go in there. tink flies down to see that snow white has a piece of black fabric clutched in her hand. tink bags and toags the fabric and send it off to dsi lab for analysis. she looks over the area for anyother clues.

Aurora while talking to the forrest animals finds out that none of the animals say they were present when this happenbed to Snow White. One little rabbit starts to tell her that a couple of blue birds were flying over the rapids and saw Snow White struggling in the water so the birds called all of them to the scene but by the time they arrived it was too late. Aurora starts to ask if the bunny knows where she can find the blue birds that saw Snow White struggling when she feels a tug on her dress. Aurora looks down to see a squirl carrying a piece of paper. The squirl tells Aurora that he found it a few feet away in the woods. Aurora picks up the paper and reads:

DETECTIVES BACK OFF NOW IT'S TOO LATE
KIARAS STILL ALIVE, BUT SOON WILL MEET HER FATE
I WILL DO ANYTHING THAT I NEED
I CAN'T CONTROL THIS NEED FOR GREED
IF I HAVE TO KILL YOU ALL
I WILL BECAUSE I CANNOT FALL

Aurora calls for everyones attention and reads the note aloud. Aurora then bags the the note and sends it to the lab to be processed.

Pluto is saddened by the fact that they have lost another investigator. He hopes that we don't loose any more detectives as we will need as many as possible to solve this one. Hearing the note that Aurora found he agrees with Tink. We can't go to much further in our investigating until we get the hair and feather sample back from the lab. Hopefully that's soon.

Mike is a belated addition to the group of detectives at the scene of Snow White's death.

'I thought we had Sunday off' said Mike. 'Who's going to make the kids laugh today? I promised Sulley, I'd cover his shift!'

Mike is scared by the letter and feels intimidated. However he is more interested in the black fabric!

*Where could this hove come from* he thinks...

Mike is looking forward to the results from the lab before jumping to anymore conclusions!!!

From his tree branch, Archimedes watches as the river is shut off and Snow White is retrieved from the water. He listens as the story of the black fabric is told, and then later as Aurora discovers the note with the Animals. While it seems that there is still not much to go one, he believes that the black fabric at least narrows down what species the killer is....

Back