• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS
Upon arriving in the AK Chernabog spots the Everest Expedition mountain. It looks to be the closest thing to home, so he decides to move in. When Chernabog arrives at the mountain he hears a noise coming from a large ice cave. Upon entering he sees a shadow just before having tons of ice and snow piled on him from above. The ice and snow is too heavy for him to move and he meets his fate

Eeyore shivers upon hearing Chernabog's story...or it might be the chill from his ghost.

"I wonder who or what that shadow could have been...would be helpful to know how big of a shadow it was, especially compared to Chernabog himself..."

images

Tink thanks pluto for his comfort and goes in with the rest of the detectives and orders some tea to calm her stomach. she explains to the newer detectives about the history of being served duck ala orange while on a few cases but the duck ala orange ended up to be a friend whom had met a bad end and had been served to them. so any poultry is met with alot of suspicion when eating during a case.

Pluto shivers at the thought of being served a friend of his while eating. He decides to lay off the food for now and just get a shake or something. He takes a moment to ponder Chernabog's fate and hopes none of the other detectives meet a similar one.

louie36.gif

*King Louie arrives and orders a mixed fruit drink, heavy on the bananas.* "So cousins, what do you think? Seems like either Kiara is our killer or our killer left no footprints in the Yetis cave or all that snow covered up the footprints she left. I think we need to concentrate on two things who and why has the killer killed? and why kidnap Kiara?"

OOC*By the way Louie is just talking here. Don't mistake anything he says as a clue. There are a few hours left on this posting period....double check your count.

Pascal quivers at the thought of a ghost and clings to mike..... pluto comes and saves the day as he flicks mike and pascal on his back and runs out of the cave. After leaveing the cave Pascal feels so much better out in the sun but in the distance he spots a storm cloud coming in there direction.

Archimedes notes the curious conversation that the Chief has directed the detectives into. Is it possible the the lion cub might be involved in more ways than might what be perceived? He notes that there are several ways to not leave footprints behind, and as a spotted dog once demonstrated, cover them up in the snow....

Last edited:
Pluto texts Pascal back and says "I think we're just going to hang around the Chief for awhile and see if he has any more information for us."

*Chessie looks up from his cup of tea as the other detectives join them.*

Chessie: 'I think we should sort out the little that we know and figure out what we need to know from what we'd like to know. And most important, we need to stop jumping at ghosts and illusions and worry about the real threats - if we can identify them. If we can't tell the real dangers from the imagined ones, we won't need to worry about ghosts as we'll become ghosts ourselves.'

*Chessie pours himself some more tea, adds milk and sugar, and settles back in his chair, grinning and waiting for a response from the other detectives.*

Seeing Snow occupied, Abu slips inside the conservation station to go chat with Rafikki as nothing looked out of the ordinary outside. Upon entering Abu lets his eyes adjust to the dim lighting and looks around at the various exhibits. Quickly he scans the room to find Rafikki before Snow notices his abscence.

As Archimedes bats off the sugar bowl (which has now successfully created a mountain of sugar), he over hears the pink feline in his ramblings. He rolls his eyes as Chessie taunts the rookies.

tumblr_lezauocB3x1qdaqkno1_400.jpg

As Abu finishes scanning the room he doesn't see Rafikki anywhere so he takes a quick walk through the area. Upon cursory examination he doesn't see anything amiss and decides he should get back to Snow before she notices his abscense. Making his was back to the entrance he walks back out into the sunlight and squints. He tries to look around for Snow but can't see anything. He looks to where he last saw her but that area looks empty.

*As detectves enjoy a short break, waiters begin bringing out trays of food. One of them brings a large covered tray and sets it in front of Chief Louie. * "Your order sir."

*Chief Louie looks at the waiter.* "I only ordered this drink, but hay you can leave it. My stomach is beginning to rumble with the rhythm of the jungle."

*Chief Louie gives a slow peak under the lid and then promptly faints.*

Basil starts to take a bite of the first noodle when he notices Louie slumping in his chair. He runs over him to make sure he is still breathing and is relieved to find that he has only fainted. "Someone, splash some cold water in his face to see if we can revive him!" Then Basil turns to eye the large, covered dish...

Aurora answeres to Eeyore "I am too. In thinking about motive - is there some sort of ransom that the killer would want and thinks they can get it by taking Kiara?"

Aurora also listens to the story that tink tells and is very glad she ordered a house salad.

Aurora is still very thrown by the brown feather and asks the group "Can we start talking about who or what this feather may have come from."

Aurora watched as the servers bring out the dishes and before she takes her first bite of salad she sees King Louie faint at the sight of his dish. She thinks that she will probably not be hungry when they find out what just made Louie faint.

Last edited:
Tink watches warily as a coverd dish is brought to the table. As king Louie raises the lid he faints. tinks stomach starts to turn and dreads seeing what is underneath the lid. she will be unable to lift the lid so she waits for someone to do it.

*Having his face splashed with water, Chief Louie sits up from his faint. He carefully lifts the lid of the dish. He can't believe his eyes at what he sees.*

"It's true!! I can't believe it!! This calls for a song."

bananasplit.jpg

IT'S TRUE! I'TS TRUE! WHAT I SEE
RIGHT THERE ON MY PLATE
A GREAT BIG BANANA SPLIT
WAITING TO BE ATE
SO PASS MY SPOON RIGHT ON DOWN
I GUESS I'LL HAVE GO
TO MAKE THIS DISH DISAPPEAR
LIKE A MAGIC SHOW
SCOO BEE DOO..

*Before Louie can continue his DFiPhone rings.He stops and answers it.*

"Hello. What?? What happened? Where? Ok we will be right there." *With that Louie hangs up and digs into the banana split. The others are looking at him and waiting to find out about the call. *
"Hold on ...hold on. Let me finish this. The body that has been found is as cold as this icecream and isn't going anywhere. Ok Fine...if you are in such a hurry...it seems that someone has been found in the Kali River Rapids. Go ahead... I will be right behind you."

Last edited:
Aurora is relieved to see that it was only a banana split that made Louie faint.

After King Louies phone rings Aurora is practically holding her breath waiting for Luie to tell everyone what the call was about. Once he does Aurora and Eeyore get up from the table - they weren't that hungry anyways. They make their way to the door eagerly headed towards Kali River Rapids. Aurora calls out to figment "You coming???"

Last edited:
OOC*The posting period is now officially over...I am now doing a count to make sure everyone has there 4

OOC*2 people have not mad the minimum 4 post count...I will put those two names in a hat and draw one.

Last edited:
After seeing Louie faint Pluto along with the others is very glad they did not have a body show up right in front of them and that it was just a banana split. But after hearing that another body has been found at Kali River Rapids he starts to get worrisome again. He looks at Pascal and Mike and asks them if they want to head over there right away? "I think going over there right away would be the best bet" He says.

Tink peeks as louie wkes up and lifts the lid and breaks out into song, its only a banana split! then the phone rings and they find out it iss the report of another body at kali river rapids. Tink finishes up her tea and asks who wants to go with her. She waits for a reply as everyone is finishing up their plates of food as fast as they can.

Pluto looks at Tink and gives a nod in agreement saying "We can go now if you want." Knowing it's not that far from Yak and Yeti he grabs Tink and tosses her on his back and takes off running towards Kali River Rapids. Hoping to get there before the scene is disturbed by anyone else. The next clue could be hanging in the balance.

Back