• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS
*Chessie glances down and notices that the detectives still haven't removed Abu's body from the tree.*

Chessie (calling down to them): 'Are you going to leave this poor monkey to hang around here all day?'

*Chessie disappears from the branch he is perched on and reappears on the branch at a level near where Abu's body is. He reaches into his kit and, after putting on gloves, pulls out the sword and makes both the sword and Abu's body disappear and reappear between King Louie and Scar. Chessie then settles back down on the branch, grinning.*

After Chessie lays Abu's body onto the ground, Basil goes over and begins to inspect the body for more clues. Not finding any, he make a few notes in his journal and turns to Abu's ghost, who is still quite agitated. This is one ghost story he is anxious to hear.

images

"Abu my good fellow, my deepest sympathies on your passing. But please let us know what happened so we might come closer to bringing this fiend to justice."

Last edited:
Aurora watches as Chessie gets Abu out of the tree. Aurora is still checking the base of the tree for clues. The killer had to get him up there somehow. She notices that there are a couple of areas where the tree has been scratched but that looks like just normal wear and tear. Since Basil has started processing the body Aurora will continue to focus on the tree.

*Chessie still is perched on the tree branch near where Abu was pinned to the tree with the sword that he has just lowered to King Louie and Scar, along with the sword itself. Having nothing better to do while waiting for Abu's ghost to calm down enough to pantomime what happened to him, and noting that Basil has started examining Abu's body, Chessie decides to look at the tree itself and see if he can find any clues there.*

Chessie (softly, to nobody in particular): 'Either the killer left clues when she put Abu here ... or she left no trace evidence at all ... and the absence of a clue could be a clue ... .'

*When Chessie lays the body near him, King Louie sees Basil go to work. Basil calls Louie to lend a hand. More to calm the tension between Scar and Louie than anything else. Basil has started with Abu's pockets where he finds a variety of shiny trinketts, but nothing that really looks like a clue. Chief Louie then sees something in Abu's closed grip. carefully opening the monkey's paw, Louie sees what looks like PINE NEEDLES.*
"Everyone I think I found something. Not sure how they got here, but these look like pine needles."

*Louie carefully picks up the needles with tweezers from his DFi Kit and bags them. He then hands them to one of his assistants and directs him to take it to the lab.*

*After turning over the evidence Louie sits down on a nearby bench to think things over and finally eat his muffin. Louie takes a bite and begins to chew. He quickly spits bits of chewed muffin out. *

LOUIE* "What in the world???" *Louie looks at his muffin and drops it in shock.*

Basil inspects the 'pine needles' along with Louie then makes notations while Louie bags the new evidence. Basil goes back a couple of pages in his notes and starts to pour over everything again. He's completely engrossed in his journal when he hears Louie spit his muffin out. He turns to see what is the matter with his breakfast.

Mike is very intrigued by the pine needles. How could such a minute clue lead to the killer.

He instantly grabs his iphone and googles 'disney pin needles' but all that comes up is pictures of christmas trees and old adverts for christmas trees for sale.

Mike wonders if the Christmas dream floats may be a good place to look...

From his perch up in the tree, Archimedes watches the detectives scramble around Abu's body. After several "shinies" are discovered, a few pine needles are discovered also. Intriguing. He then realizes what the mystic cat has said to him, and scowls down at the group.

*King Louie picks up the muffin and looks inside. There he sees a Rat that has been bitten in half. On the sidewalk there are other parts, but Louie has swallowed atleast part of the victim.*

"Oh gross...someone give me some water quick. There was a rat stuffed into my muffin!!"

33b-1.jpg

Smelling fresh rodent, Archimedes goes down to inspect the muffin closer. He's curious as to if this was something meant to be left for the chief, or if the kitchen staff are just getting careless. Regardless, he asks if the monkey is willing to share his breakfast.

Basil recoils at the sight of body parts of a fellow rodent on the sidewalk.
th_basil_396.jpg

"Good heavens! It was in your muffin?!"

Basil steadies himself and goes over to see if he can identify the deceased from the freshly mangled pieces.

scar02.gif

*Scar watches the scene play out and gets a smile on his face.* "Nice job Aurora. Ididn't know you had it in you. So close to getting rid of this overweight baboon. If only had choked on it."

*Archimedes starts towards the newest victim, but Scar warns him off." "You better not Archimedes or Louie will chastise you for messing with a crime scene. Hmmmm..where did this muffin originate. I must go and compliment the chef....Oh and I guess I could look for clues while I'm there. Does anyone want to join me back at the coffee shop. I think that the kitchen will need to be checked, but we also need a group here for when that blame monkey's ghost tells his story."

Still feeling a bit uneasy at the current scene, Basil reluctlantly agrees to accompany Scar back to the coffee shop to search for clues as to how this happened.

"I'll go with you, Scar. Need a bit of a walk and a little fresh air after this one."

Basil nods to Louie and looks at Archimedes as he drools over the latest victim. He chuckles a bit to himself at the thought of the tiny owl trying to take the rat if he were still alive.

"He's not much bigger than poor fellow after all", he thinks to himself.

Last edited:
Mike is amazed at the braveness of such a small rodent. Not even a monster like Mike would want to accompany that giant furball.

Mike is glad he did not say that out loud or he might have got an ear bashing again from Scar.

Mike decides that he wants to stay at the scene of Abu's death and wait for his ghost to appear. There surely is a better clue around here than a few old pine needles...

*Louie sees a small chef's hat in what he spit out.*

"Scar you may not be able to compliment the chef because I may have eaten the chef. I do agree that you should go check out the other scene and with Basil joining you it may actually get done properly." *Louie mumbles so only Mike can hear..."and it will get you out of my hair."

Mike laughs out loud at King Louie.

However he is a little distracted by the small chefs hat. 'I hope that wasn't Remy or Emile' says Mike, hopefully they just lost their hat and didn't fall in to the muffin mixing machine themselves...

Mike spots Pascal all alone again so makes his way over to him to tell him all about the pine needles and the little chefs hat.. 'hehe'

OOC*Tomorrow is my busiest day at work so almost imposiible for me to post until night. BUT Abus story should come soon and I will send out some info before I go to sleep so that some people can post...also p28 will give us a new trivia.

Tink watches as Louie starts enjoying his muffin when he spits it out and starts gagging. she sees what it is that has made him so ill! she eyeballs scar as he spouts off his mouth again and volunteers to check out the kithchen, no doubt to destry any evidence. but basil is going with him as well. Tink wishes abu would hurry and tell them what has happened and maybe get the ghost of mufassa to keep scar in line, or even the ghost of Simba. Tink is busy between trying to figure out the murders and finding a way to get scar out of the way. it is almost too much for her.

Aurora looks up from her investigation of the tree to see louie find the pine needles. She takes out her notebook and begins to write down the new clue just as Louie spits out his muffin.

"Louie, what's wro . . . . OMG!!!!" AHHHHH is that what I think it is??" "Oh Louie I am so sorry. I ordered the muffin but never told anyone in the cafe that it was for u." "I am soooo sorry"

Aurora gives Scar a dirty look as he "compliments" her.

Aurora feeling very distraught by this event takes a minute to sit on a nearby bench. She ponders to herself. If this is another one of the killers victims then the victim list is getting very diverse. She watches as king louie announces that it is Remy. Aurora becomes very sad and wonders how many more the killer will get to before the detectives solve this case.

Abu completely misses his target but lands safely as Carpet was not that high. Abu then chases after his target hoping to catch up before something horrible happens. Eventually he reaches a spot near a large Baobob tree where the path splits and he pauses to pick a direction. Just as he makes up his mind he in konked on the head and everything goes dark. He wakes up briefly in time to feel himself hoisted and stabbed. He tried to focus his eyes to see who has done this but finds it too difficult and everything goes dark again.

OOC: I guessed Yzma so that at least my death was useful.... I hope, lol.

Tink sees Abu calm dow enough to tell his story. HMMM 2 character suspects eliminated now the field is starting to narrow down a bit but I think we are headed down the wrong path. tink needs to regroup her thoughts once things calm down a bit. she continues processing the scene. she wonders where that pascal is and if the wise owl would wise up and start to help process the scene. She is doing hard work and as an inspector she does not feel that grunt work is beneath her.

'So that rules that villanous Yzma out' Mike says.

Mike is confused by Abu's story. He wishes Abu would come back to say wether he was killed by the sword or the sword was inserted in to him after the death..

Being refused the muffin, Archimedes can't help but be disappointed. He listens to the rest of Abu's story, nodding as he finished. Archimedes finally finds a fascination in the sword used to kill the monkey, wondering if it will lead to any pointers to who the killer might be.

Back