• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS
*Still perched on his branch, Chessie watches the action unfold without saying a word. He opts not to go back to the cafe with Basil and Scar, preferring to stay right where he is.*

Chessie (to nobody in particular): 'I've heard of too many cooks spoiling the soup, but I'm not sure how many ... whatever ... it would take to kill the cook. Besides, I don't remember any of the meals being bad enough to merit killing the chef ... .'

*Chessie's attention is caught as Abu's ghost finally calms down to pantomime what happened to him.*

Chessie (again, to nobody in particular): 'Okay, so we know what happened and another person it isn't ... . Does this bring us any closer to figuring out who it is?'

Aurora listens as Abu tells his story. Aurora wanted to ask what he was hit in the head with but he vanished before she could ask. Aurora starts taking a closer look at the sword - and decides to dust the handle for prints.

*OOC* I'm putting together another post trying to consolidate a few things, and maybe fit together a few missing pieces. Wally said he sent some information out to people, who has it?

Aurora answers Tink - "You know I have not seen Pascal for some time now." "I really hope something hasn't happened to him." Aurora finishes gathering evidence from the sword and bags it up to send to the lab. This murder scene hasn't given us much to go on - Aurora thinks to herself.

*Chessie looks down at the activity still ongoing at the current scene.*

Chessie (to nobody in particular): 'Not much new to go on, is there? It really brings out the concept of seen and unseen, doesn't it? It's almost like we should be seeing something that we aren't ... or maybe there isn't anything for us to see, which is why we aren't seeing it.'

*Chessie pauses for a second while the detectives try to unravel that statement.*

Chessie: 'In the meantime, maybe we should try assess what we know from what we don't know and try to figure out what we need to know next.'

Mike is panicking as he can not see Pascal anywhere.

The last time he saw him was just after Remy's death when they went to get a coffee.

'PASCAL!!!' shouts Mike. 'WHERE ARE YOU??'

Nothing.

*Scar finally arrives at the coffee shop with Basil. He is surprised as NO ONE is there.*

thumbnail-2.jpg

"Basil-let's go check out the kitchen as that is the most likely place that the rat was added to the muffin."

*In the kitchen Scar begins searching the cupboards and cabinets for clues. He sees nothing unusual for a kitchen. It seems that whoever was here left in a hurry. The counter has several ingredients layed out as if gettig ready to prepare something. Scar decides he will take inventory of those things in a minute, he is getting hungry looking at all the food items. He takes out a loaf of bread andlays two slices on the counter.*

"Basil can you help me a minute. I need to measure these slices of bread, but don't have a ruler. The data might be important to the case. Do you mind laying down on this bottom slice for me so I can compare it to your size."

imagesCAIEARHB.jpg

"Nice try, Scar. I'm afraid you're going to have to find a way to assuage your hunger without disrupting this scene. If you are not going to help me find clues, then go out into the dining area and see if they have a tray of cookies or pastries out there."

Basil then turns his attention to the ingredients on the counter. He pulls out his hand lens and begins to survey each item.

277231_1250432033080_500_279.jpg

*Back over in the Harambe village, Chief Louie has just about decided that no other clues are going to be found at this scene. He is also worried that Pascal has disappeared or maybe he is just in camo mode.*

"Everyone I don't think there is anything left to find here. a cleanup crew is on the way. Any clues that may have been left for Remy's death I hope that Scar or more likely Basil will find them and...."

*Louie is interrupted by his phone. looking at it caller Id lists Park Security so Louie answers it.*

"Hello.....Yes this is me......hmmmm, I see....I wander why also.....Ok we will check on it....bye."

*Everyone gathers to hear what that was all about.*

"Everyone, that was security. It seems that the animals that usually roam freely in the Kilamanjaro Safari area have started acting strangely this morning. They refuse to leave their nightime habitat. We have been asked to check it out. I am going to message Basil and let him know where we are going. Everyone stick together and we need to use stealth. There is a driver waiting for us at the safari loading area."

800px-Scar.jpg

*Back at the coffee shop*

SCAR*"Fine Basil since you want help me...I guess I am stuck helping you. I will call out the ingredients on the counter and you list them. i doubt it is of any importance, but that stupid primate will only sing again if we don't inventory it all.--Ready--I see sugar, cornstarch,cream of tarter, water,powdered sugar, rosewater, nuts and food coloring. Like I said probably nothing. Ok what else can we find? Check the blenders isde and out...especially inside."

Tink flies over to the safari loading area, glad that she is not stuck with Scar. But she is still worried about Pascal. She wonders what is going on back at the coffee shop. and hopes Basil does not end up as a snack.

OOC* I jst want to let everyone know that a correct arrest guess was made about 16 hours ago. Unfortunately I have been busy today. I hate when a game ends abruptly, so please evryone go along with the story for now. An arrest will be made probably tomorrow, but I don't want to cut the story short. You will find out who has made an arrest and who they are arresting soon enough. For now everyone on the Safari truck please...unless you have different instructions from me.

100_0148.jpg

*Detectives start to gather and load onto the safari truck. Chief Louie gets an update from security via an overhead aerial photo.*

kilimanjarosafariaerial8wv.jpg

*There seem to be no animals in the savannah, but there is something out of place.*

*King Louie studies the picture carefully. Shocked at what he sees he sends a message to both Scar and Basil.*

DROP WHAT YOU ARE DOING. SOMETHING HAS COME UP THAT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN CLUES. IT SEEMS AN ARMY IS GATHERING IN THE SAFARI AREA. WE NEED EVERYONE WE CAN GET. BASIL CONTACT ANY RODENTS YOU CAN THINK OF. SCAR GET THE PRIDE TOGETHER. MEET US IN THE SFARI LOADING AREA ON THE DOUBLE.

OOC*Sorry folks I have to sleep now...that's the bad part of such a time difference. I will post more throughout the day tomorrow.

*Scar contacts the pride like he is asked. Afterall the more of Simba's group that dies the better for him. He only wants loyal or frightened subjects when the crown is finally his. Though he contacts the pride he doesn't report to the safari loading area. Instead he decides to watch from the background and not put himself in danger.*

OOC:We need people to post and report to the group in order to finish the game. If you can't then I will finish up the story later tonight.

Mike makes his way over to the Kilimanjaro area after his search for Pascal was extremly fruitless. No sign of the little chameleon anywhere!!

Mike notices that Scar is not putting in a shift today, and is dissaproving of this but again does not dare to say anything.

He takes a look at the ariel photo of the safari and wonders why the animals won't come out!

Basil finds Remy's address in the coffee shop office and heads out to find his family. They will be saddened by the loss, but they will at least have a chance to help bring the villian to justice. Basil hopes that they have a means of contacting many others. Many, many others as they will need all the help they can get.

Not finding anything terribly distressing about the sword pinning the monkey to the tree, Archimedes receives order to report to the Safari. He takes flight to meet the others on board one of the buses.

*Chessie's phone rings, indicating a message. He quickly checks it and finds the new directions from King Louie, directing everyone to report to Kilimanjaro Safari immediately.*

Chessie (softly, to nobody in particular): 'There have been how many deaths and he only now thinks that something is out of place?'

*Figuring that this crime scene is just about wrapped up and he has nothing better to do, Chessie quickly disappears and reappears in the waiting safari vehicle, joining the detectives already waiting there.*

Tink sits waiting for the others to arrive, soon mike, archimedes and chessie show up. we are still waiting for aurora and pascal she says, she asks king L if they need to wait longer or should they go on ahead to stop any fighting that may occur based of the surveilance tapes.

safari.jpg

*Finally Chief tells the driver to get going. Not everyone has arrived, but he wants to prevent as many deaths as possible.*

lionness.jpg

*With the trucks speed so slow an angry Nala leads a group of Lionesses and run by the detectives.*" Find Kiara!!" she roars.*

*Next a group of mice and rats run by being led by Basil. King Louie looks down and sees Remy's family and the mce of Narnia charging by.* BASIL* "ARREST HER!!"

*There in the distance we can finally see the killer. she is prepared for battle and wants her crown.*
a4cd121f.jpg

OOC+The person who guessed correctly will now make an arrest using the info I sent. When I get off work...Louie and Scar will wrap it all up. After that I will explain the clues and some hidden clues you may have missed. Finally I will tell you some news about the next game...some changes are coming.

Last edited:
Back