• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS
*Chessie is perched on one of the branches of the tree, directly where Abu has been pinned to the tree with the sword, so he doesn't see the murder scene yet, waiting for the detectives to arrive. When the detectives start arriving, Chessie grins at them in welcome ... but is surprised when they respond in varying degrees of distress.*

Chessie: 'Well hello to you, too. If I didn't know better, you look like you've seen a ghost ... '

*Chessie's voice trails off as he catches sight of Abu's ghost waving the sword on a lower branch.*

Chessie: ' ... or are looking at a ghost right now ... . Now do we have a ghost of a chance of finding a clue around here?'

*Chessie grins down at the other detectives, appearing not the least bit inclined to get off his comfortable branch and join the search at the moment.*

thumbnailCAXCZ16N.jpg

*Scar bares his teeth to park security and they quickly release him. He makes his way back to the scene and confronts Tink.* "Did you really think that park security could hold me that easily? I mean they dont even have guns, what a laugh."

*Louie sees that Tink is trying to deal with Scar and puts a stop to it. Atleast temporarily that is.* "Tink I will deal with Scar in just a moment. Right now as long as e doesn't interrupt our work leave him to his own. We need to find evidence at this scene and hopefully Abu's gost will calm down enough to tell us what happened. Did anyone bring me a muffin?" *Louie carefully removes the note and reads it to the others*

YOU THINK THIS CASE IS GETTING HOT
I'M HERE TO TELL YOU THAT IT'S NOT
NOW GIVE IT UP IT'S GROWING OLD
YOUR SEARCH FOR ME IS GETTING COLD

*Louie also tells everyone to gather round he wants to share what he learned at the lab before they get distracted with their search and he forgets.*

louie8.gif

"Ok group I have two things to share before you start searching this area First--the black and gray hair that was found seems not to have come directly from our killer. The high level of testosterone present in the DNA indicated a male. 2. The Black and Gray fur that was found has been cleaned up, although no species has been IDd yet. I will send a picture to your phones."

wolf_fur1-1.jpg

"Not sure if this helps anyone. Everyone look for clues. I need to have a talk with Scar face to face." *With that Louie takes his muffin and walks over to where Scar is sitting,*

Last edited:
Basil transcribes the contents of the note and Louie's lab report into his journal. He then proceeds to search the area for any other clues.

Last edited:
OOC* Just some advice for rookies...the longer the game goes the more sure you become of your guess and you want to make an arrest. Just be careful and double check your clues. Once you make a false accusation it's too late to take it back.

OOC2* Remember the trivia yes/no questions have a 24 hour time limit to be asked...then the chance expires.

OOC - Grimm, if you haven't asked your question yet and are still wanting ideas, how about asking if the character is from an animated film or a live action film? Or if others have an idea, please present them as time is running out.

Tink hears about the clue from the fur, and sits down to think of it while waiting for abu's ghost to calm down enough to speak. she has mike and pascal to take down the body of abu and to look for further clues.

*Chessie, who still remained perched above the action on his tree branch, was listening as King Louie read the note and give his updates from the lab. After pulling out his iPhone and making a few notes, he looks down at the detectives.*

Chessie (thoughtfully): 'Is there any significance to the killer's use of the word cold in the note, other than it just being pulled from a rhyming dictionary to partner with "old" and being used to deter us from the case? Is it probable, since it's always possible, that this case is going somewhere physically cold next?'

OOC: I think that, if your question hasn't been asked yet, you could try to further narrow down the date of the killer's first appearance, find out if the killer is a villain/antagonist, or find out if the killer is animated/live action (be careful how you ask that - use a definition for the word animated or you will regret it).

OOC* The question has not been asked yet and there is only a little time left before the chance expires. Abu has a clue that we are waiting for and maybe we can find out who was falsely accused.

OOC*Unfortunately time has expired for the Yes/No question to be asked. Better luck next time. I will ask another Trivia question on page 28

cliplouieswing2-1.gif

*King Louie walks over to Scar and begins singing to his favorite song.*

NOW I'M THE KING OF THE SWINGERS, OH AND THE CHIEF YOU KNOW.
IF YOU CAN'T HELP US OUT, THEN YOU HAVE TO GO
YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET INVOLVED, BUT DON'T GET IN THE WAY
SOLVING A MURDER CASE IS NOT A TIME TO PLAY

OH SCAR I KNOW YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE THE TOP OF THE CLASS
BUT THERE IS NO NEED FOR YOU TO BE A PAIN IN THE

*Before he can finish his song he is interrupted by the detectives searching around the tree.*

Last edited:
OOC* Ok I have tried to wait for posts all day today, but it is time for me to go to slee here in Japan. I will try my best to post before I go to work in the morning. Let's start a new minimum post count here. 4 in 48 hours.
If Abu doesn't reveal the latest clue soon I will figure out a different way

NEW POST COUNT STARTS HERE --4 in 48 hours

Tink keeps looking for clues as indeed the case seems to be getting on the cold side. Tink wonders where pascal and mike have gotten off too? hopefully they are not pin trading or another victim of the murdering murderess.

Aurora finishes photographing the scene and sends the film to the lab. Aurora takes a look at Abu's ghost still frantically swinging the sword. She sends word to Aladdin and Jasmine about Abus tragic end. Aurora hopes that Abu will calm down soon in order to tell the detectives what he saw. Aurora goes back to looking for clues as she decides to search the base of the tree.

After Abu hands the note to Aurora he sees the text from Louie about food. Starting to drool, Abu bounces onto Carpet and they head out into the park using the open window from Pluto's room as an exit. Along the way, Abu spots something from above and without warning Carpet dives over the side.

OOC: I apologize for the dalay but I was away for a few days and would not have made the post count, therefore I made a guess for several reasons. I will post the rest of the info I have in a bit as I needed to get Abu to where he currently is.

Archimedes arrives on the scene and sees the gruesome death of yet another fellow detective. He hears the note that is pinned to the sword, and hears the beginning of the ghosts tale. Intrigued by the rest of the story, he perches in the baobab tree.

*OOC -- ACK! I was at work all day yesterday and didn't have a chance to log on to post. Sorry folks. :(

Mike arrives on the scene belatedly due to always taking Saturday's off from his detective duties.

He sees Pascal and asks the little fella for an update.

'What, little Abu??? Oh no!!' says Mike!

*Chessie, who had been staring down at the detectives trying to get Abu's body down from the tree and the interaction between King Louie and Scar, looks up as Archimedes suddenly flies in and lands on the tree. The Cat looks over at Archimedes and grins at the bird; he means to be welcoming, but it comes off just a bit disconcerting.*

Chessie: 'Well, hello.'

*Chessie returns to watching the detectives search for clues, not particularly inclined to joining in this investigation.

Mike is taking a closer look at the evidence which came back from the lab.

He thinks these are the best two bits of evidence so far and is a bit skeptical about what the toilet water would reveal if anything.

Mike notices chessie is inputting minimal efforts and shakes his head with dissaproval!

Tink looks up as mike looks at the evidence and is glad to see that at least a few of the detectives are working and not goofing off! tink continues her search of abu as he is still hanging there, and she is unable to get him down.

Back