• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My Ever Growing Collection of Tangled PODMs! (Image Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow! I hope you've got them both now!!! Will you post a picture of the song sheet when you've done it? It sounds amazing!!!

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Today is my very big day! Taz has been the most patient and wonderful human being as I settle some wedding finances and take care of some unexpected bills, but TODAY I have made my last payment on the final scene I was wishing for! Today I paid for my last "I See The Light" PODM!! WITH FOUR MONTHS TO SPARE before our wedding!!

I am over the moon and can't WAIT until it's home so I can start the frame!! Ron and I have the LEDs all set, and we've drafted and discussed many ideas for framing - now it's time to put the ideas in motion, get the sheet music, and put this whole thing together! Pictures coming, of course.

I've also been lucky enough to grab a few other Tangled PODMs, which aren't pictured yet, but I will share those later tonight. I'm still on the hunt, though! I am looking to flesh out my collection by adding:

- Healing Incantation Scenes - you have 'em, I want 'em.
- Kingdom Entry/Kingdom Dance Scenes - my most desired at the moment!
- The holiest of holy Tangled PODM grails - Forest Scene. I would die from joy for any -- ANY -- cel with Rapunzel, Flynn, Max and Pascal, but I understand their value and how highly sought after they are!

I won't give up! I am optimistic and so in love with these pins and this collection that I will wait as long as it takes! Thank you all for your support, your compliments and most of all YOUR HELP in making this collection come true! xoxo!!

Awesome J'aimie!! Congrats!!!

I hope my little mermaid PODM quest goes as well as your tangled one!! :)

I can't wait to see your design!!

Thank you!! I can't tell you how much this collection means to me, I can't think of a more wonderful way to commemorate our wedding song and our first dance. I can't wait to see the final product. This has been the biggest exercise in patience ever, and I've had so much help making it all come together... It's going to be so overwhelming seeing it all together in one big, lit frame.

Aah!! I can't wait!! So happy right now, definitely riding a grail high! :hsd:

WOW congratulations! I am really looking forward to seeing the final display, if your shadow boxes are anything to go by this is going to be astounding!

Can I just say this is one of the most amazing and sweetest collections I have seen. I am in love with it. That has also got to be my favorite song from the movie I wish you nothing but success and sending lots of pixie dust your way. Thank you for sharing! :love:

Whew, finally added some new pictures, and there's one more surprise addition on it's way for the wedding frame to round us out at 14 PODMs for our "I See The Light" frame. (We wanted an even number for framing purposes.)

Thanks for looking everyone, and for your sweet compliments! And for your support. We are so happy and so grateful to have these frames and the amazing people who helped us get them in our lives!

Last edited:
Wow, wow, wow, wow. TODAY WAS THE DAY! We finally started the framing project for our "I See the Light" PODMs. After months of searching and finding the perfect frames, we capped off our collection of PODMs from this scene at fifteen beautiful scenes and today was the day to start framing them. (Wedding is in 40 days... eek!)

Now, for those of you keeping score, you'll remember that I wanted to frame these sitting on top of the sheet music from "I See the Light" -- I quickly learned that with this many PODMs, this was a very unrealistic idea. Sheet music - at least available to a lowly consumer like myself - is generally only available out of books or as individual sheets which are typically not big enough for a shadowbox of the size I needed. For this to work, I would have to use several pages of the song and basically piece them together... which would mean I would have ugly seams in the background and it would look sloppy. For a few PODMs, this would be beautiful. For fifteen, it just wouldn't work.

I want to sincerely thank my dear friend Ron who spent hours working on this with me today - his math skills and precision in cutting each opening for the pin were insane. He worked so hard on this and I could never, EVER have made this happen without his skills and guidance. So Ron, you are amazing and I love you! :)

So, without further ado. Here's the "Before":

MuJ6NAq.jpg

... And "After":

da27vRY.jpg

c6swi65.jpg

pzF7zbH.jpg

K55BpAv.jpg

This is what it looks like held up to our dining room light. (It's actually quite heavy!)

We haven't put the LED circuit in just yet - preparing the foam core, measuring, spacing and cutting holes for the scenes took many, many hours and lots of precise calculations and measurements. Ron did an amazing job with it. Next steps for me will be to install the LEDs behind the foam core - Ron rigged up a way to get an on/off switch on the outside of the frame so we can turn it on easily. I will also be covering the foam core with either black or deep purple velvet (instead of the sheet music background) and we'll be putting in some parchment between the lights and the PODMs to diffuse and even out the light from the LEDs.

Once all THAT is done, I'll go ahead and start decorating the frame. I've got some ideas that I'm really proud of that could be a bit of a departure from what I usually do (I hope, eek!), and a plaque with our names and wedding date.

So, quite a bit of progress made tonight, but we're not done yet! I wanted to share my progress photos since some of you had been asking about it... I am so proud of this display already, and to have had so many people aid in acquiring the PODMs and then to have someone we love so dearly help us display them -- it's a pretty special part of our home already and it's something we'll cherish forever!!

Thanks everyone!! More updates soon!

This is beautiful. :) Though the sheet music idea was really lovely, having the pins against a solid background makes them really pop. ;)

Oh and...I kind of love the Rapunzel phone case in the reflection. lol :D

Wow, that is so beautiful! I love a DIY wedding, and this is so impressive! Please, please share pictures after the big day! I love all of your ideas! I hope you have a blast on your wedding day! After all this hard work and brilliant planning, I'm sure it's going to be one everyone talks about in years to come! :)

How beautiful j'aime!!!! Great job. I am so excited to see the finished product. No one deserves those podms more than you. Congrats lovely.

That is a gorgeous framed set. I know we have not always gotten along, but I just want to send you best wishes for a magical life. I hope you will share pictures of your big day. I sure it will be everything you dreamed and more. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back