• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

new pinpics is up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.
new pinpics is up and running
Has anyone tried to do stuff with a phone.

When I login on my iPhone it blanks out the right side where on the computer it says Welcome Hopemax, inbox, trades, etc.

Nor can I can get it to search a user and display. The space where the username is supposed to show up, and click is just white background. So I can't get to my lists at all via my phone. Although, just searching for a pin, seems to work.

Last edited:
I want to know that what the "Price" tab is for, and who is in charge of deciding that and how do they come about it?

My understanding *i could be wrong* is that the price tab is for one of the pay features. You can view recent going rates for the pin. They get the info using a program of some sort that has been monitoring pin prices for a few months... I THINK. Don't quote me on that, but that is the impression I got when i asked a while ago.

I cannot click on ANYONES DPF link for trade/wants and get a result. I thought maybe i just needed to re-enter my pinpics id info on my profile but that didnt fix it. I assume, we can still type in a user name on pinpics somewhere to see all their trades or wants, does it still have the match feature for specific profiles?

I assume, we can still type in a user name on pinpics somewhere to see all their trades or wants, does it still have the match feature for specific profiles?

You can type a username, select Members from the drop down list.
When it displays results, click on the Member's avatar
Then in the left column you can click Compare pins
You'll have the option to compare your owns to the member's owns, your trades to their wants, your wants to their trades

I'm annoyed because we've lost the other options. For example, I used to compare my wants to my parent's owns. Or I had a secondary account where I would list my 9000 wants and periodically I'd compare to my primary account Owns and remove stuff. Or if I didn't have someone's wants, I could check my owns to see if there was something I could part with. I confirmed with Samantha over on Pin Talk, can't do that anymore.

pinpics has a new interface and a modification has to be to the DPF software to use the interface (probably just a base URL update). I assume the DPF staff has been in contact with pinpics (or visa versa) - someone posted a message from the pinpics that implied an interface will be made available for the other pin sites to use.

Are they running two separate databases now? There's a few newer pin listings on the old site that don't show up on the new site. Here's hoping that they have a scheduled merge/update planned, to catch those newer entries that seem to be missing on the new site; yet appear on the old site.

Where is the $9.95 option they said was available? LOL I haven't even looked at it as I my avatar speaks for itself.

Well, I already sent them a question, as I decided to go ahead and upgrade, but it is not showing it yet. PayPal shows the payment went through, so it might just take a bit for them to activate it.

They probably haven't integrated the old with the new, or you will have to remove your current links to PP and add new ones, IF they will still give DPF members the ability to link directly.... you know since they do not like it that some members disagree with their business practices.

I quite like it although it takes some getting used to. Have sent a few trade requests so we'll see what happens. One thing I did notice, when you mouseover pins it gives the number of "wants" first, then "trades", whereas on the old site the info was the other way round ... I think!

I kind of like it, however I tried to send a trade request and it didn't do anything! So hopefully I haven't sent multiple requests to the same person for the same thing!

I kind of like it, however I tried to send a trade request and it didn't do anything! So hopefully I haven't sent multiple requests to the same person for the same thing!

If you click on "trade request" in the upper right corner and then click sent on the far right it will show you the requests you sent. It look me about 15 minutes to figure that one out.

Its horrible...and I tried the new +this and -that instructions...it doesn't work...it wouldn't pull up any of the pins I was looking for...for example stitch drinking coffee bottle, I did coffee, +stitch +coffee, and coffee stitch, any and all combinations, it would not pull it up, finally I put the pin # in and guess what it shows up and in the title says stitch with coffee bottle.....I HATE the search engine

Well, I already sent them a question, as I decided to go ahead and upgrade, but it is not showing it yet. PayPal shows the payment went through, so it might just take a bit for them to activate it.

So far I have to say, I am impressed with the layout and the speed of the site. They got back to me pretty quick about my question, and it might be an issue on my part since I use a unique e-mail address for PayPal that I do not use for anything else.

How much longer will the old site be running, as will people still be doing trades that way until it folds back into the new site, or have they not said yet?

i really like viewing the collection and searching and the hovering and seeing t/w. When i search for pins I cant figure out how to add them to my t/w/o

i really like viewing the collection and searching and the hovering and seeing t/w. When i search for pins I cant figure out how to add them to my t/w/o

Its off to the right on the column. There is a trade want and own with boxes for you to check - and a space to type something? Anyone know what the space is for?

I've sent out some; I got one reply (which comes to an inbox on the site; I got an email notification but the content wasn't in the email, I had to go to the inbox.)

But when I clicked the button, sometimes it said "request sent to x" and sometimes it said nothing. Also when I had multiple people checked, sometimes it said "request sent to x" but not to y (the other person I had clicked). So it seems like the trade requesting is still buggy.

Its off to the right on the column. There is a trade want and own with boxes for you to check - and a space to type something? Anyone know what the space is for?

I thought the space was for putting usernames to compare your trades with their wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back