• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Pins Coming On-line!....MYSTERY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was on the listing the very first time I saw it:

Backordered: We expect this item to be available by 06/04/2015. You will be notified via email when it is ready to ship.

I just take it that the item is not yet ready to ship, but they advertised this date to sell the first months edition and so they sold it today, but don't yet have the product ready to ship.

This was on the listing the very first time I saw it:

Backordered: We expect this item to be available by 06/04/2015. You will be notified via email when it is ready to ship.

I just take it that the item is not yet ready to ship, but they advertised this date to sell the first months edition and so they sold it today, but don't yet have the product ready to ship.

Hopefully you're correct and the warning is simply because it's stated as "May Edition" but won't ship until June that they put up this notice.

Back-order is not the same as sold out. Back-order, as someone already stated, just means they don't have the pins on hand in the warehouse. It's likely there was a delay in production or shipping (are the dock strikes still going on?). So they decided to go ahead and sell them, but let us know they don't have them for shipping until early June.

I wouldn't consider it sold out until it says "sold out" and the cart button goes away...

Was still able to purchase. so they're not sold old yet......

Congrats if anyone was actually able to order the inside out pin set. I tried as soon as it popped up and was never able to get the order to go through. Must've only had 1-2 in returns.

I was going to feel really stupid if it wasn't sold out when I got up ,lol. I was worried that the backorder could mean we're actually getting June's box but my confirmation email says "Disney Park Pack Pin Trading Edition - May 2015." It's weird that it won't ship until the day the next one is supposed to go on sale. I hope at least someone will have gotten theirs by then so we can see if the value of the pins is worth buying another box.

So if this is the "Pin Trading Edition" are there going to be boxes with other kinds of merchandise? I think one of you nice people who lives near a park should start a subscription box business for Disney Park Merchandise. I would love to get Disney stuff in the mail every month...

I was going to feel really stupid if it wasn't sold out when I got up ,lol. I was worried that the backorder could mean we're actually getting June's box but my confirmation email says "Disney Park Pack Pin Trading Edition - May 2015." It's weird that it won't ship until the day the next one is supposed to go on sale. I hope at least someone will have gotten theirs by then so we can see if the value of the pins is worth buying another box.

So if this is the "Pin Trading Edition" are there going to be boxes with other kinds of merchandise? I think one of you nice people who lives near a park should start a subscription box business for Disney Park Merchandise. I would love to get Disney stuff in the mail every month...

There has been talk about it from some people, time to time, but don't know what it would contain. I mean, the price would pretty much be the price of merchandise + tax + shipping (plus possibly a pick-up fee)? And things ta the Disney Parks aren't cheap either. :p

There has been talk about it from some people, time to time, but don't know what it would contain. I mean, the price would pretty much be the price of merchandise + tax + shipping (plus possibly a pick-up fee)? And things ta the Disney Parks aren't cheap either. :p

Yeah I don't know how it would work but there have been pin sellers that somehow get sealed booster packs and mystery packs at a price where they can resell them super cheap. So add to that some Goofy's Candy, Mickey's Rice Krispy Treats, or Minnie's Bake Shop cookies and I'm sold. Then they could see what kind of stuff they can find at Character Warehouse or Disney Store Outlets. I can usually find cool theme park stuff at our outlet for awesome discounts.

I thought about signing up for this one but I bet if a fellow pin collector started one it would be much better... http://pixiedustdelivery.com/magic-of-the-month.html

So I woke up around 12:30. Logged in around 12:35 and I was able to make my purchase. I then went back to sleep. I do not remember a backorder notice. I checked my email confirmation this morning and it did not mention the backorder. I will post here when they arrive.

Yeah I don't know how it would work but there have been pin sellers that somehow get sealed booster packs and mystery packs at a price where they can resell them super cheap. So add to that some Goofy's Candy, Mickey's Rice Krispy Treats, or Minnie's Bake Shop cookies and I'm sold. Then they could see what kind of stuff they can find at Character Warehouse or Disney Store Outlets. I can usually find cool theme park stuff at our outlet for awesome discounts.

I thought about signing up for this one but I bet if a fellow pin collector started one it would be much better... http://pixiedustdelivery.com/magic-of-the-month.html

In general, I am super wary of anyone who offers insanely good prices on things like sealed park boosters and packs. Especially if they're offering brand spanking new items, and they make a habit/business of it.

Because while I know there are ways to get good deals legitimately (I live near an outlet, and I've attended SALSA sales in the past), I also know that Disney has a problem with people shoplifting pins in bulk. So unless the seller is selling old pins (like, their own collection, or they buy collections), anything below 50% makes me very, VERY curious how they're not just throwing money away for no good reason. And, like I said, especially on brand new items that they couldn't possibly have gotten for cheap, except through shoplifting or cast discount (and usually the prices we're talking about are below cast prices, so they'd be losing money).

It's not a pleasant thing to think about, believing that a person or groups of people could do that. But when you consider all the angles, and that newly released booster pack is staring you in the face for $10...it's not hard to draw a conclusion.

It makes me sad, because I had a seller that I loved at a local flea market, and they obviously do legit stuff, too, like buy collections...the have older pins that they cycle through. But then they trot out the brand new releases and offer them up for 50% off (or lower), and...well. It didn't take long for me to figure it out. Now, I feel weird about going there.

I decided to bite the bullet - I ordered one this morning (6 am EST) - got back order. I'm okay with that.

So I woke up around 12:30. Logged in around 12:35 and I was able to make my purchase. I then went back to sleep. I do not remember a backorder notice. I checked my email confirmation this morning and it did not mention the backorder. I will post here when they arrive.

Neither did my email notice. But when I talked to a cast member to apply a gift card to my order she said only my extra items were processing and the park pack was not. She mentioned about a back order too

Neither did my email notice. But when I talked to a cast member to apply a gift card to my order she said only my extra items were processing and the park pack was not. She mentioned about a back order too

Exactly the same situation for me!!! I did not see the notice there when I ordered either...called this morning for the same reason as you Li, and was told the EXACT same thing?!? :dunno: It really makes no sense to me...if the product is not available, why was it put up for sale???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back