• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PODM pins 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
PODM pins 2012

Stitch2814

#1 Kevin Fan
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Last edited:
Oh my! Shoot me now!!

I can't afford these pins for another year! lol

They are going to be so awesome! MUST RESIST!!

Okay, so I need to send my parents out for as many Tangled POMH pins as they can find.

I just want a Beauty & the Beast one, and Lion King. Then I would have all of them for the movies we collect. Maybe Aristocats and Robin Hood.

*faints*. I've just been getting my displays together this weekend and they are looking awesome!!! I can't wait for all of these!

Last edited:
*disclaimer..I only copied and pasted the info so if by chance there is not a tangled one then do not hunt me down and beat me with your frying pans XD*

What blog were you reading, and do they have other pictures from the event? My Mom said there were some neat Holiday pins coming out at WDW, but I haven't found any pics yet.

Those pins are much larger, they don't even fit on the large card... Do you think they are enlarged to show detail or actually that size?

Those pins are much larger, they don't even fit on the large card... Do you think they are enlarged to show detail or actually that size?

I think it is actually the cards that got smaller. It better be the cards I should say....I will be so mad if they change the sizes now!

Last edited:
Looking at the opening at the top of the card it matches perfectly with the current cards where it meet the A Piece of Disney Movies. If they made the cards smaller I would think the opening which has to fit over the hook would stay the same size and thus look larger on the card...

I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the size and the price for 2012, they've been selling out quite quickly at 19.95... Maybe someone that saw it in person can say.

Also, every other time they previewed them they did not include a frame so we couldn't find the scene used beforehand...

In the current pins, the cell fits between the end of Piece and the beginning of Movies. In the picture above it goes from the i in Piece to the v in Movies. Unless they switch movie frame sizes they use... they don't seem to match.

But the cells don't even look the same. If they changed the size of the pin they would have to change the cells too. Are we even sure these were shown in person or just shown in a slide show? It almost seems like these were maybe photoshopped to have the cell in there.....I hope so. Disney would surely know not to change a series half way through....I hope...

Yeah...I don't think this is a live photo. They are on a board so there would be no backlighting and with no lighting the cells wouldn't show up that well. Plus, if the cells were real then they would show the poster behind them and not plain white. I'm hoping someone just got a little liberal with the size when posting in the pins for presentation purposes.

Man...I don't know....the pins look real, the cells look photo shopped in....I really hop they aren't bigger...

Last edited:
I agree, the cell is photoshopped, there is no light source behind it and we all know how hard it is to see the scenes without backlighting. And it does appear to probably be a slide show to me now that I look at all the other pictures as well

An Aladdin one too!

I want Tangled (maybe I will actually take a day off of work to go stand in line), Beauty & the Beast, Toy Story (Little Green Men please!)

Oh man . . . . I am excited and exhausted by this all at the same time!!! I am wishing for a Sleeping Beauty one!!! Oh and I hope they dont change the size - the cells in those pics look elongated quite a bit . . . .

The cells do look a different size. I am excited about new movie possibilities. :) Yay!!!

Sorry Crystal, looks like you will be running around a bit longer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back