• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

RAKed! RAK n' Roll (photo heavy)

RAKed! RAK n' Roll (photo heavy)

Cjvandever

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Oh my stars! Words fail. Well, not right now, but certainly yesterday. Let me take you back. Friday, April 4th, 4:30 PM, it was a cloudy, cold, blustery day. I had just returned home from my every other month tour of duty at the local Costco. Yes, it was brutal. I was walking up the sidewalk trying not to drop the 30-roll package of TP and the bottle of vitamins that will last me until I turn 85 when I tripped over a box on the front porch. WTH? I was kinda shocked to see that it was addressed to me, because my daughter is always ordering stuff. I checked the return address and saw that it was from David. I am a bit embarassed to admit that it still didn't click. It was only when I opened the box that I realized I was the March RAK recipient. Oh my stars!

I admit that I am an ugly crier. Not one of those lucky girls who look luminous and dewy when crying. My mascara runs, my nose runs and my face gets red and blotchy. Well, I glad I didn't have any cameras trained on me while I was opening these packages. I am so touched and grateful for the kindness of all you.

On to the gifts. Let me apologize in advance for the crappy pictures. My camera phone sucks and Photobucket and I had a big fight today and broke up. I'm trying to stay strong. Also, the candy you all sent got kinda mixed up, so forgive me if I put them in the wrong pictures.

imagejpg1_zps3ffdedfa.jpg

Thank you Sorapandora for the adorable pens, notebook, card and goodies. The pens went right into my book bag! Everyone in my class will be so jealous. And I love Circus Animals, so your gift was much appreciated. Big hugs to you!

imagejpg1_zps0d17a690.jpg

Thank you Dalamara for the Frozen pencil, the Tink notebook and the super cute pins. I LOVE the Mickey eating the Mickey ice cream bar. So cute and your note was so kind. You rock!

imagejpg1_zps9c41ad89.jpg

Cassy, I so loved your RAK package. I really like to color (yes, I'm old and I like to color). This was just perfect for me. I love the pins, they were both from my wants list! There was also a cool Genie bookmark and some Phineas and Ferb stickers that my daughter took possession of immediately. Thank you so much!

32c02bee-7ba3-42e5-8742-22a3eb630e11_zps9d640849.jpg

YAY! I love the Dogs and Cats series and now I'm done. ShelterKat, thank you so much for the pin and your lovely note! You are a very kind person.

imagejpg1_zps7b5a8cba.jpg

OMG, Molly! I can't even. A Coach keychain that looks like an ice cream cone, the adorable Mickey charm bracelet and a grail pin! The Rock n' Roll series is a serious grail of mine and now I have one less to try and find. Hey, hey, we're the Monkees! I was completely wrecked by your wonderful note. You are just so awesome. Thank you for being my friend.

15deb118-e4c7-4315-a88f-964ff2472caf_zps57bae89a.jpg

This BEAUTIFUL Tink card is from Story. I love Tink and this is my favorite of her poses. My daughter has appropriated this card for our family Disney scrapbook. Thank you so much!

imagejpg3_zps6b017550.jpg

I was so ridiculously excited for this gift from A Little Bit of Magic. She sent me some yummy candy, two frozen pencils, an Ariel notepad and lovely note. Best of all, she sent me a REAL Tink in a Sorcerers Hat!!! I have gotten three scrappers of this pin, either in trades or purchases, and I had despaired of ever getting a real one. OMG, I'm going to cry again, just thinking about it. Thank you, Katie!

imagejpg1_zpsa12c8c79.jpg

Thank you Zagales14. I suspect that you took Mike out of your collection for me and that is so awesome. I love the Mickey pin, too! The candy was delicious, but was so sweet that it immediately induced Diabetes, so thanks for that. Your note was all kinds of awesome, it made me cry very hard. I was glad I had the 30 rolls of TP on hand, as I had previously used up all my Kleenex. You are a rock star, plain and simple.

imagejpg9_zps0e204a47.jpg

Kim (SuiJerkJai), thank you so much! I love this set, but it had 5 freakin' chasers! Now I only to find three more and My set is complete. You are one of the coolest people on the forum and I'm very glad to have your friendship!

imagejpg5_zps20b2f7f2.jpg

This wonderful shadow-box frame is from HighTopNinja. It is the perfect size for the Haunted mansion mystery set that I love. Once it's done, I will post a picture. Thank you so, so much! I love it.

imagejpg6_zps2cf0779a.jpg

This beauty is from the man himself, David the Grailslayer Knight. The picture truly does not do this pin justice. It is so adorable. It is also a huge grail of mine. I ugly-cried when I opened this one for sure. David, I love it so much and I would so hug you if you were here in front of me right now. That's a big deal, because I'm not a hugger kind of person.

Well, that's my story. I truly loved everything I got, especially the notes you all sent. I love the stuff , but the kind words are true keepers!!! Bless you all.

Congrats on your RAK zaps! It was great to read about everything and see pictures. Way to go everyone on spreading such happiness!

Carla, you are one of the sweetest people here. I was so thrilled when you were elected to be March's "victim". Enjoy the fact that you are one of a select few who have received this honor. You mean that much to the people here!!! Unlike you, I am a hugger. So if/when we ever meet in person I am going to hold you to the one hug you mentioned!!!

NOW, I can tell you! Your zap in my game was my RAK to you! You so deserve everything you got and lots more! I was really crossing my fingers you would get a pin you needed! You are so appreciated here and one of my favorite people! Your kind heartedness (is that a word? LOL) towards the members here is only matched by a rare few. You are one of this sites elite members and DPF is lucky to have you! Enjoy your RAK Carla and CONGRATULATIONS!

Super big congratulations!

You are so sweet - You definitely deserve all of this and more!

I wish I had a pin from your wants list, but I'm glad you liked the other bitty goodies I was able to throw together.

I'm so happy we were able to brighten up your day.

If there's ever anything else I can do for you, please let me know!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

NOW, I can tell you! Your zap in my game was my RAK to you! You so deserve everything you got and lots more! I was really crossing my fingers you would get a pin you needed! You are so appreciated here and one of my favorite people! Your kind heartedness (is that a word? LOL) towards the members here is only matched by a rare few. You are one of this sites elite members and DPF is lucky to have you! Enjoy your RAK Carla and CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you so much! It was a super cute pin and now my daughter wants the other five or six pins in set. Maybe people should start calling you the pin pusher instead of me! Thanks for the gift! You are such a staple on this forum you should never leave!

Thank you so much! It was a super cute pin and now my daughter wants the other five or six pins in set. Maybe people should start calling you the pin pusher instead of me! Thanks for the gift! You are such a staple on this forum you should never leave!

Neither should you!!!

Super big congratulations!

You are so sweet - You definitely deserve all of this and more!

I wish I had a pin from your wants list, but I'm glad you liked the other bitty goodies I was able to throw together.

I'm so happy we were able to brighten up your day.

If there's ever anything else I can do for you, please let me know!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

My wants list is kinda difficult for me, let alone anyone else. Everything was perfect. No worries. The adorable Sorcerer Mickey card alone would have been just fine!

My dearest Carla, I am so happy that you were the victim. You are an ever present light in a sea of scuzzy people and of course........

[video=youtube_share;KiQzUEc_FmI]http://youtu.be/KiQzUEc_FmI[/video]

I don't know what is better? Looking at the lovely pictures of your new goodies or the hillarious narrative - vitamins that will last unti 85 .. LOL ..

Heartfelt congrats :) Enjoy the love & enjoy the goodies!

Carla, I have been dying for you to be selected!! You're one of those special people who so selflessly spread so much joy here on the forums, that it would not have been right if you were overlooked for a RAK!! I'm so happy I was able to get you a couple pins off your wants, and I'm so glad you liked my note! As for the diabetes, you're welcome!! Hahaha!! I do hope you liked it -- it's a unique sweet (I don't think it's readily available in your area).

Thank you for being such a great friend! I could not be happier to see all this magic towards such a special person!!

Congrats on all the goodies!! It was fun to see! I swear the Cheshire pin was on your wants list when I mailed it, but my heart sank when I later saw it on your collections list ...so feel free to use this one as a trader if you really already have it. :wavey:

So very much deserved!!! :bigthumb: I apologize that I was not able to participate, I am hoping to take part in the RAKs again soon! :x: You received such wonderful gifts, congratulations my friend!!! :) Hope all is well for you and yours! I am ecstatic to be able to be back around a little more as of late! :D Hope to talk to you soon!

Super congratulations Carla!! I am so glad I was able to make a little contribution and happy that you enjoyed the card - and all your other goodies from such wonderful members made me smile!! You are such a kind and wonderful part of this forum and I'm so glad everyone had the opportunity to let you know how much you are appreciated!! So happy for you and thank you for sharing with all of us!! :hug:

Such an amazing RAK! I'm all teary eyed over here because it's so heart warming to see a community come together like this one does!

Back