• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Rapunzel Dreams pin on sale in France! (edit: false alarm maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapunzel Dreams pin on sale in France! (edit: false alarm maybe)
All I could think was esmarelda shouting 'justice' haha

tumblr_lyxotmJ4aF1qhtn3ko4_250.gif

Disney Store just replied!

Charlotte, due to an error on our French Online Store, the Dreams Pin was released prior to the launch date Charlotte, and we apologise for any disappointment this may cause. We can confirm that sales were limited to 5 per Guest in this case, and any excess orders were cancelled. The Pin will still be launched on the 7th May.

Isabel, we do endeavour to reply to all of our Guests on Facebook within 48 working hours – or over the weekend, you can contact our Guest Service Centre on 0845 688 5113 from 10am to 3pm on Saturdays, or 11am to 5pm on Sundays.

THEY HAVE SAID DIFFERENT THINGS IN EACH OF THEIR REPLIES :|

The Dreams Rapunzel Pin was released early on the French Online Store Jennifer, due to an error. We’re happy to hear that you are excited for this release, and can confirm that it will be released on the 7th May. Any Guests who purchased more than 5 of these Pins have had orders cancelled, and the limit will be set to 2 per Guest as with our standard Pin releases. We apologise for any disappointment this error may have caused, and can assure you that there are steps in place to avoid this recurring.

Last edited:
I'm still angry they get 5 pins. That is just a rediculous amount when its going to be 2 per customer...they could have just given them 2 :|

Still going to try for this pin, not confident about it though, I'll be lucky to even manage to get one for myself, let alone another to take to WDW to trade during the summer.

Can't read french but at least the link works now and shows the pin :) Is there any way to get one of these if you are in the states?

*sigh* I still REALLY need this pin. So if any of you UK/France peeps have an extra, don't just look at my pinpics traders. I have more, just ask!!!

[h=5]I've posted a further comment as still not happy with the response..

Disney, thank you for your recent comment on my earlier posting regarding the Tangled Dreams pin release, however I find your comment to be rather bland, vague, and not really answering any of the questions or concerns stated in my original posting... I would love to know why orders of these pins are being honoured before the official release date, and why you simply could not cancel orders and let all of us collectors start on even terms on May 7th. Why on earth are 5 pins being allowed per order made last week, when you have stated that we will only be allowed to order 2 pins each "as per standard pin release" as you worded it. You have failed to answer our concerns about our allocation and wether it was cut in to due to the french orders being honoured to 5 p/person...will we still have our allocation or has it been made smaller? You have also failed to address concerns over this coming pin release, and allocation concerns about that, and the fact that many more european countries can order from us, so is this taken in to consideration instead of a simple 3 way split of 300 pins. I would also like to know why you have not made the fact these pins are infact being split between the european sites as initially we thought it was a UK only release. We understand collectors in other countries like getting these pins too, but I think this fact couldve been made more apparent on your pin banner. I look forward to reading your prompt response ahead of this weeks pin release, as I know a lot of others will as well.[/h]

I don't think that they split the total number of pins between the different websites...one of Disney responses says that it is one total number of pins (ie. they go to whoever orders first, regardless of where you order them)

...so if it goes on sale at 8 a.m. on Disney U.K. it would be 9 a.m. on Disney France?...they've also said on FB that it will be split between all 3 sites - not sure if that was a typo, or maybe it will added to Disney Germany too?

Last edited:
I've posted a further comment as still not happy with the response..

Disney, thank you for your recent comment on my earlier posting regarding the Tangled Dreams pin release, however I find your comment to be rather bland, vague, and not really answering any of the questions or concerns stated in my original posting... I would love to know why orders of these pins are being honoured before the official release date, and why you simply could not cancel orders and let all of us collectors start on even terms on May 7th. Why on earth are 5 pins being allowed per order made last week, when you have stated that we will only be allowed to order 2 pins each "as per standard pin release" as you worded it. You have failed to answer our concerns about our allocation and wether it was cut in to due to the french orders being honoured to 5 p/person...will we still have our allocation or has it been made smaller? You have also failed to address concerns over this coming pin release, and allocation concerns about that, and the fact that many more european countries can order from us, so is this taken in to consideration instead of a simple 3 way split of 300 pins. I would also like to know why you have not made the fact these pins are infact being split between the european sites as initially we thought it was a UK only release. We understand collectors in other countries like getting these pins too, but I think this fact couldve been made more apparent on your pin banner. I look forward to reading your prompt response ahead of this weeks pin release, as I know a lot of others will as well.

I agree, their replies annoyed me cause none of them really explained anything! I am really becoming worried about this pin now haha

surely the pins have to be split seeing as each website is seperate and orders are made to different depots.... we cannot order from the french or german sites, nor can they from us so this would suggeest each site is its only seperate entity, so therefore the pin allocations would have to be split?

surely the pins have to be split seeing as each website is seperate and orders are made to different depots.... we cannot order from the french or german sites, nor can they from us so this would suggeest each site is its only seperate entity, so therefore the pin allocations would have to be split?

one of Disney's responses on FB specifically says that the pins are not split into a certain number for each site...I assume that the websites are linked to keep track of the total number sold, and then they send the appropriate number to each depot after they've all be purchased

one of Disney's responses on FB specifically says that the pins are not split into a certain number for each site...I assume that the websites are linked to keep track of the total number sold, and then they send the appropriate number to each depot after they've all be purchased

I always thought the Depot was based in the UK, i'm not sure where I read that though! But I think Europe's headquarters for DS is in London too!

It's called DS Europe for a reason... who said they were split equally between the three sites? When we got 50 of the Sgt Calhouns it was for Europe, not just UK. People need to remember that France and Germany can only order from their websites. It makes no difference if there was only one, UK handles the rest of Europe.
Sure DS France messed up over their response but it's done. Go and read the T&C of sale, they probably can make the decision to cancel an order or not. If you're still not happy then send a complaint whatever asking why. Going on about it on here makes no difference. You only have a right to be more annoyed if the same people are allowed to order additional Dreams pins on the 7th without those orders being cancelled. Get over it.

well that sounds sensible! I had no idea! I know disney europe and disney america are totally seperate so i just guessed the others were too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back