• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Rapunzel Dreams pin on sale in France! (edit: false alarm maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapunzel Dreams pin on sale in France! (edit: false alarm maybe)
Disney not giving a straight answer? Shocking!

i look forward to having a go at getting this, but I only want it as a trader anyhow. Good luck all. Xxx

tumblr_ly5phoHdHm1qbqrtb.gif

Oh my gosh its beautiful. I'm so worried about this pin. Everything seems to be going wrong with its release, first the change the day, then the pre-release happens :anxious:

Oh my gosh its beautiful. I'm so worried about this pin. Everything seems to be going wrong with its release, first the change the day, then the pre-release happens :anxious:

Om right with you there!!!! I think tho will be one of the most stressful releases to date! A part I me was hoping it woul t be so utterly cute so I stood a better chance for my collection lol!

This was just posted on DLRP express' facebook:

30996_10151448036028473_801692504_n.jpg

Aparently the back is blue :)

Good Lord I need that!

Here's to hoping we all manage to pick one up!

As to the back being blue, I was fairly confident that each pin back would be a different colour. I actually likes it, make the pin a bit unique

The offical disney statement regarding the whole thing, just released on their FB page..

[h=5]Following the error which led to the Dreams Rapunzel Pin being available to buy before the release date on our French site, we know that many of our loyal Pin fans are excited about the official release of this Pin on 7th May. We can confirm that we have 165 of this Pin in stock across the Disney Store Europe, and that there will be a limit of 2 Pins per Guest.

Although many Guests who ordered the Pin before the release date did order only two in the spirit of Pin Trading, there were a handful of orders of up to 5 Pins, which were honoured due to the nature of the error. We’d like to assure our Pin traders that we have put in measures to ensure this doesn't happen again, and we hope that this answers all your questions.[/h]

Only 165 (I believe) are left for the May 7th release.

This is just gross.

*EDIT* OK, the person before me beat me, lol.

The offical disney statement regarding the whole thing, just released on their FB page..

Following the error which led to the Dreams Rapunzel Pin being available to buy before the release date on our French site, we know that many of our loyal Pin fans are excited about the official release of this Pin on 7th May. We can confirm that we have 165 of this Pin in stock across the Disney Store Europe, and that there will be a limit of 2 Pins per Guest.

Although many Guests who ordered the Pin before the release date did order only two in the spirit of Pin Trading, there were a handful of orders of up to 5 Pins, which were honoured due to the nature of the error. We’d like to assure our Pin traders that we have put in measures to ensure this doesn't happen again, and we hope that this answers all your questions.

a whole heap of profanities

Disney have screwed up bad with this one. I intend to get one. Because I have a trade set up. But I don't want it in my collection, this whole saga has annoyed me too much

I've just been looking through all the comments on their facebook page, they just seem to be avoiding replying to 99% of the comments about their mess up. The majority of them are actually politely written as well and just want answers. It's like they don't actually care. Twice now I've missed out on pins they've released when friends have ordered one for me as well as one for them selves (I think because I was unable to get online at the time of release) but Disney store over sold both times and cut the orders down to one! So I missed out! I think it's completely unfair that they're honoring orders of 5. Who needs 5 of the same pin!? Especially when you can usually only order two so it's not like they're likely to have committed buying for 4 other people because you usually can't!
They must have inboxes full of complaints! Especially seen as they're know for messing up online pin releases, you would have thought they would have fixed it by now!!!

165 divided by 2 is 82.5. So essential 82 orders, maybe 15 or so more as I doubt everyone will try for two pins.

So not confident about this release.

Though I'm interested to see what measures they've put in place to stop this reoccuring

So basically the French sold 235 pins early ! Or was it deliberate so the French collectors got them ? Just putting it out there as that ia a lot of orders they "accepted". If it was that many pins sold it should have been fully cancelled or limited to 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back