• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! shocking!! amazing!!! A tale of 2 "zaps"...

ZAPPED! shocking!! amazing!!! A tale of 2 "zaps"...

movingthestars

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
So, as many people know, I have been collecting Beloved Tales pins for a long time. My collection has been "complete" (up-to-date) for over a year now and recently, with the frenzy that has built up around these pins, getting the new ones has been very stressful for me. For this last release, I made sure to give myself options. Well of course (and I expected this), people were unable to get the pins with them going down to one per person, and so I was unable to secure any on release day. So I posted a thread asking if anyone would trade with me or be able to sell to me at a more reasonable kind of price. I didn't expect much though. I have been having some money issues lately with me being a student and my part-time job coming to an end soon (student teaching in the fall, and that is going to be a sort of big adventure that I will post something about in the next month or two) so I firmly told myself that I did not need to get into debt over pins, no matter how much previous work I had put into this particular collection, and I should let it go.

A few days later... MASTER pms me and tells me he would like to sell me PATF (also one of my treasured "collection" themes)... at cost! I am so excited... but wait, there is more... we talked about BTs and how the people who had PMed me back about my thread had asked for pins from my collection (designer princesses, reveal/conceal girls, HTF Brave...:sad:)... he tells me not trade for Wall-E or Enchanted either because he is giving them to me. Yes. Giving. Them. To. Me. I think I jumped up and did a very strange kind of dance at that point.

But wait, there is even more!! A day or two later I get an unexpected package in the mail... from Nathan! And it in is... a PATF Beloved Tales pin! So now I am going even more crazy and feeling super guilty for my good karma?! or whatever this is! And I texted him and told him about my other zaps and he says but don't I need it for my PATF board? I'm just speechless here. You know?

These are two great guys, two awesome people I have met because of these boards. These are the craziest, just out of the blue zaps I have ever received though! So if you're ever trying to avoid pure rockstarness, you better stay away from these two! Thank you so much MASTER and Nathan, from the bottom of my heart. These pins have found a PERMANENT home with me, and whenever I look at them (and I look at these two board every day... I am always getting distracted by them :lol:) I will feel happy knowing where they came from:hug:

Now, some pictures, that I just took tonight!!!!!

Beloved Tales-- they are too many for my board now, I have to upgrade!
BTfull_zpse8ab9b01.jpg

The new ones and Enchanted (which I just received on Saturday--- hence the timing of this post)!!!!!!!
BTzoomed_zpsa95ca82d.jpg

enchantedBT_zps260e5e7b.jpg

My Princess and the Frog Shadowbox, that houses 95% of my PATF pins (the only 2 PATF pins I am missing that have been released to this point are the two in my signature... just in case anyone has seen them/has a lead on them they would like to share with me! ;) )
PATFfull_zps143b9951.jpg

Zoomed in on my beautiful new pin:
PATFzoomed_zps5b157ba4.jpg

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Last edited:
Wow, congrats!! What an amazing story! :D I'm so happy for you!!
Your Princess and the Frog display is so inspiring and beautiful! I am just starting out collecting PaTF, only have two pins so far, lol. You have some pins I have never seen before, just awesome!!

Those are hands down AMAZING zaps!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! And I'm sure I've said this before, but I'm insanely jealous of your PatF collection! It makes me realize how far I have to go. :lol:

Mary I'm so so so happy for you! I was so gutted for you when it feel through and I could BT be more thrilled about our DPF family making sure you felt as wonderfully special as you are! Good job guys!!!

Oh Wow congrats! That is so kind of them and you most certainly deserve it, congratulations :) your collections look beautiful.

Back