• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Swap Box around the USA

Swap Box around the USA
Last edited:
Several things would have to happen in order to participate in non-US countries. I haven't thought of them all, but the main one is this:

Real, trackable shipping which is through EMS/Global Express Guaranteed, which means it would cost $100-200 to ship outside the US to Europe (I'm getting quotes from pirate ship for priority express international and UPS and quotes from USPS for EMS/GEG).
- note: the weight of the boxes that I have participated in vary from 9-12 pounds
- it would be the same requirement from the international location to the US location
- the customs # would be insufficient

However, if those outside the US wish to participate, they can always designate a US proxy and send a selection of pins to that proxy (OEs, LEs, LRs) so that once it's their turn, the proxy & them can discuss which pin(s) to trade...

I want to see how the swap boxes that are currently going through end up before deciding whether to begin another cycle. It looks like we are at the halfway point for both boxes so in about 2 months we should get the final results (assuming everyone takes their full week!)

@CanaDaLE and @Snoffsan : are you willing to send some of your pins to a US proxy as I mentioned above?

I want to see how the swap boxes that are currently going through end up before deciding whether to begin another cycle. It looks like we are at the halfway point for both boxes so in about 2 months we should get the final results (assuming everyone takes their full week!)

@CanaDaLE and @Snoffsan : are you willing to send some of your pins to a US proxy as I mentioned above?
I don't know if it would be worth it. I would have to pay shipping twice, first of my pins to USA and then for my new pins and the old if there are any left. And its of course super hard to know how many pins to send before seeing what is avalible to trade.

Even though I love the idea I think it will be hard for me. And expencive. I will just have to keep living through everyones photos!

And hopefully I will get some real pin trading done when I go to USA this summer!

I had two binder pages for pins and a pinfolio (a medium sized pin trading folder with two pages and a pin display area in the cover)
Page 4 - le 1000 and above + some oe
Page 3 - le 750 and below
Page 2 - le 750 + some dssh
Page 1 - le 500 and below
Pinfolio - OE, LR, Mystery/blind pins, and HM

I also put a few ziplock bags with card backs in them, and a few pin backs.

The box was not full, but it was heavy.
There were 196 pins in total.

Remember it is being sent to 10-12 people. Having a variety makes it the most fun.

For me it was fun looking throughout my traders and taking a few off their backer card for the first time to (hopefully) send to a new home.

The funny thing was after I said I could start one, I was informed that I could participate in the second one. I held off on agreeing because I did not think I would have many traders left after filling the first swap box…I was wrong. So I promptly agreed to joining the second one.

I’d be happy to start a box if that makes it easier. just not sure if I have 200 + worthy pins to put together. A sample of what the starter boxes looked like would be great.

It would depend if there is someone willing to spend the $100-200 to ship it back to you.

Back